Other from 2013
- I am taking an online UCSF course about diabetes, but I find parts of the texts too advanced. Can you explain the results of my son's antibodies tests? (12 Nov 2013)
- I work to keep my 11-year-old in a tight range, 4 to 7 mmol/L [72 to 125 mg/dl]. Such tight control is not the norm for someone her age. Why is this? Why are expected ranges higher? (21 Oct 2013)
- What is the correlation between vitamin D and diabetes control/complications? Do adequate vitamin D levels impact diabetes? (4 Oct 2013)
- My sons, ages 16 and 23, have type 1. Both want to participate in open water diving, but the endocrinologist will not sign off that my younger son can do this. What could we do? (4 Oct 2013)
- My son's dad smokes a pipe in his home affecting my son's type 1 and allergies. Can you provide me with information about the effects of the smoke? (6 Aug 2013)
- Do you know anyone using the T-slim pump and do they like it? Since our endocrinologist is not pump savvy, should I look for one who also as an educator and nurse? (16 May 2013)
- In a drug test, my daughter tested positive for cocaine, which she says she had not used. I saw on the Internet that diabetes may result in a false positive. What should we do? (16 May 2013)
- Are high dose estrogen pills appropriate for a teen with type 1? Given that her AST is now elevated, probably from the pills, do I need to worry about liver damage? (8 May 2013)
- Since getting a Depo Provera shot for her PCOS, my daughter's blood sugars have remained between 300 and 600 mg/dl [16.7 and 33.3 mmol/L]. Is this from the shot? How long will this last? (30 Apr 2013)
- I am a school nurse with a newly diagnosed teen patient who has fluid retention in many parts of her body, caused by insulin per her doctors. I have never heard of this. Could there be something else going on? (30 Apr 2013)
- Despite having had it for over 30 years, I have never taken care of my type 1 diabetes. Is it too late to start taking responsibility for it? (9 Apr 2013)
- My son has his three month check-up after diagnosis. What are some questions that I should be asking at this point? I want to be an informed patient and his advocate. (5 Mar 2013)
- Despite my best efforts, my teen son's pediatric endocrinologist feels we are not doing enough to prevent highs and lows. Would an adult endocrinologist be a possible solution? (4 Feb 2013)
- Hours after receiving her flu vaccine, my daughter's blood sugar spiked. Can the immune response from the flu shot cause this? (15 Jan 2013)
[ Topical Index | Current Other Questions | Questions from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Sunday December 01, 2013 14:28:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.