Other Illnesses from 2009
- Are there any syndromes known to include a thiamine deficiency and diabetes in children? (2 Nov 2009)
- After a summer of feeling better, my son wakes most days vomiting and with a headache. Do you know of a disease that co-exists with type 1 and causes pancreatic problems? (23 Oct 2009)
- Given the reports of how dangerous it is for diabetics and other individuals with chronic illnesses to be exposed to the H1N1 virus, what kind of precautions should they take? (15 Oct 2009)
- My identical twin and I both have type 1. I have gastroparesis, while she has celiac. As twins, am I doomed to get celiac and is she doomed to get gastroparesis? (12 Oct 2009)
- Since his diagnosis with type 1, my son has had seasonal allergies and asthma. He has also had mycoplasma once a year. What could we do to avoid it this year? (29 Sep 2009)
- Since the H1N1 flu mainly affects people ages five to 24, how worried should parents of diabetic children and young adults be? (26 Sep 2009)
- Will the Albuterol or Flovent my son takes for asthma affect his blood sugar? Can I give him Delsym for his cough? (21 Sep 2009)
- My teen daughter has Addison's. When ill, her blood sugars are low. When on steroids, her blood sugars are high, but she does not have diabetes. What yearly tests should she have? (8 Sep 2009)
- Since I have type 1 diabetes, Hashimoto's thyroiditis and adrenal insufficiency, could I have PAS-II (Polyglandular Autoimmune Syndrome Type 2 (PAS-2))? (4 Sep 2009)
- Should all those with type 1 diabetes receive the pneumococcal vaccine? (28 Aug 2009)
- With the new swine flu outbreak, is there anything special, other than washing hands, that we should be doing for prevention? Is Tamiflu safe for those with type 1? (6 Jun 2009)
- Diagnosed with type 1 six years ago, my teen daughter was just diagnosed with androgen excess syndrome. Are the two conditions related? (18 May 2009)
[ Topical Index | Current Other Illnesses Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.