Pills for Diabetes from 2008
- Why would an A1c be "normal" when the patient often has elevated blood sugars? If prolonged use of metformin can cause kidney damage, is there another safer drug? (24 Oct 2008)
- I am controlling my diabetes by diet. On days that I eat extra, can I take Xenical and Acarbose? Can I skip metformin, too? (21 Oct 2008)
- Does metformin help those with type 1 by making insulin work properly? If I take it, might it lower the amount of insulin I need to take? (12 Aug 2008)
- I have diarrhea, which my doctor thinks is related to my metformin. She has suggested Januvia along with my insulin. I am not comfortable with this. What do you suggest? (16 Jun 2008)
- My son is overweight and has been diagnosed with insulin resistance and a male version of PCOS. Would he benefit from taking metformin? Is there anything else I should do? (11 Jun 2008)
- Because she is overweight and had an elevated A1c, our diabetes team would like to start my daughter on Glucophage or Symlin. Are either reasonable for a child? (16 May 2008)
- Since moving, my new doctor has changed my oral medication dosage and wants me to take Lantus in the morning instead of the evening. Why would he have made these changes? (16 Mar 2008)
- I have diarrhea and have problems with anti-diarrheal medications. Can my metformin and Actos cause further damage? What kind of doctor should I see? (25 Feb 2008)
- What do you know about products such as Diamaxol that claim to reverse both type 1 and type 2 diabetes? (23 Feb 2008)
- I was told acarbose is harmful to the liver if you take it for more than three months. Is this true? Can I continue to take it? (22 Feb 2008)
- Although I take 500 mg metformin three times a day, I sometimes have elevated blood sugars. What do you suggest? Should I be taking any other medications? (31 Jan 2008)
- I have had some elevated blood sugars for 11 months, but my A1c is not that high. Are there any newer drugs that can work with metformin and are not harmful? (29 Jan 2008)
- Both my fasting and random blood sugars are quite elevated, even though I take Amaryl and Glucophage. Why is this? (28 Jan 2008)
- Which type of metformin is better for obese people? Can we adjust the dose based on diet? Can we take plain metformin at breakfast and lunch, with the SR type in the evening? (14 Jan 2008)
- We often forget to take our acarbose with meals. Is there another drug that could be taken before or after meals? What about Xenical? (14 Jan 2008)
- If I stop taking insulin, follow a strict diet and exercise, can I take Januvia as a replacement treatment for type 1? Is there any other drug to replace insulin injections? (2 Jan 2008)
[ Topical Index | Current Pills Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.