Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Pregnancy

[ Topical Index | Current Questions | Sep 15 | Aug 15 | Jul 15 | Jun 15 | May 15 | Apr 15 | Mar 15 | More... | Submit Question ]

Pregnancy

1. Proportionally, do women with pre-existing diabetes suffer more complications with their pregnancies then those with gestational diabetes? (4 Apr 2012)
  2. At 27 weeks of pregnancy, would a slightly elevated amniotic fluid index likely to be more from pre-existing, type 1 diabetes or from other causes?. (28 Oct 2011)
  3. What is the recommended frequency of eye exams for a type 1 (who does not have any background retinopathy/complicating factors) during pregnancy? (17 Jun 2011)
  4. Would Synthroid decrease my thyroid antibody levels? Would a lower antibody level increase my chance of getting pregnant? (4 Jan 2011)
  5. What are the effects of low blood sugars on a fetus? My doctors have talked about the dangers of highs, but not the lows. (15 Oct 2009)
  6. I've had diabetes for 29 years. During my current pregnancy, my protein and microalbumin have jumped dramatically. What might have caused this? (16 Jul 2009)
  7. My wife, who has type 2, is about six weeks pregnant. She has been having elevated blood sugars. Might they have already had an adverse effect on the baby? (14 May 2009)
  8. I had a fetal echocardiogram with my first pregnancy in the U.S., but my Canadian doctor said this is not available. What is your opinion of such a test? (16 Jan 2009)
  9. I was diagnosed with diabetes the day I found out I was pregnant. Could I have had diabetes before? Does drinking water help lower blood sugars or is it a myth? (9 Jan 2009)
  10. At 23 weeks pregnant, I take insulin twice daily. My postprandial blood sugars are elevated. What do you recommend? (19 Dec 2008)
  11. Can pregnant women, women who are breast feeding and people with diabetes use beverages with the sweetener acesulfame potassium in combination with sucralose? (16 Aug 2008)
  12. Are there any links that discuss teen pregnancy for a diabetic? My 18-year-old is pregnant and her doctor says this is her best chance "ever" to have a baby. Is this correct? (5 Mar 2008)
  13. My friend, recently diagnosed with type 2, is worried that she'll need to take insulin if she gets pregnant. Is this true? Will she then have to take insulin for the rest of her life? (28 Jan 2008)
  14. Are there any studies into type 1 diabetes, pregnancy and rapidly advancing retinopathy? (8 Dec 2007)
  15. Diagnosed with type 1 last month, I was told by a perinatologist to follow a strict diet for gestational diabetes since I hope to conceive. Is this appropriate advice? (23 Jun 2007)
  16. I've had type 1 for 20 years. What are the chances my toddler will get it? Is it safe for me to get pregnant again? Will this advance complications in the future? (15 Jun 2007)
  17. Why are women with pre-existing diabetes asked to take such high doses of folic acid during the pre-conceptional and early pregnancy periods? (27 Feb 2007)
  18. A nurse/midwife has advised me not to conceive because of health risks for the baby. If I have in-range blood sugars, what are the risks to the baby? (19 Feb 2007)
  19. My friend's 13-year-old smokes, drinks, and has used drugs in the past. She is pregnant. What are the risks to her and the baby? (18 Feb 2007)
  20. I am trying to conceive, in fact, may already have. I have had good control, but had an elevated blood sugar after lunch. Will this impact possible conception? (16 Feb 2007)

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Last Updated: Wednesday April 04, 2012 11:40:46