Research: Causes and Prevention from 2005
- Participating in the SEARCH study, I was positive for GAD antibodies. Am I at risk for type 1 or not? Can you help me understand this? (2 Nov 2005)
- My daughter's GAD and IAA test results from the TrialNet study were above normal. Does this increase her risk of developing diabetes? (29 Oct 2005)
- Our eight year old recently had an elevated blood sugar and positive GAD-65 antibodies, but no other symptoms. How can we delay the onset of diabetes? (5 Oct 2005)
- I believe my diabetes was caused by the Accutane I took about 18 months earlier. Has there been any research done on this? (8 Sep 2005)
- Are there clinical trial options geared toward prolonging the onset of type 1 in a child who has an elevated GADA? (17 Jul 2005)
- Can surgery cause diabetes? My son didn't exhibit symptoms of diabetes until three weeks after a tonsillectomy. (16 Jun 2005)
- How strong is the data which indicates that waiting at least six months before introducing an infant to solid foods reduces the risk of type 1? (13 Apr 2005)
- I have type 1 and am worried about my young daughter getting it since she is at risk. How can I protect her from getting it? (24 Mar 2005)
- I read a doctor's testimony claiming diabetes in caused by vertebrae pinching the nerves that supply insulin to the pancreas. Is this true? (8 Feb 2005)
- My toddler had a fever a week before his diagnosis with type 1. Is it possible that a virus could have settled in or around his pancreas? (22 Jan 2005)
- Have you encountered any research to indicate that steroids, such as cortisone, could cause type 1 diabetes? (21 Jan 2005)
- Six years after taking Interferon Alfa, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Could the Interferon have caused the diabetes? (19 Jan 2005)
- I have a child with diabetes and am pregnant again. Should I bank the cord blood? Are there any studies in which I should participate? (11 Jan 2005)
[ Topical Index | Current Research: Causes and Prevention Questions | Questions from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.