Research: Causes and Prevention from 2007
- Type 2 runs in my family. I am thin and exercise quite a bit, but still have pre-diabetes. If I continue to exercise, will I be able to avoid getting full blown diabetes? (25 Dec 2007)
- Are there any new injections or medicines to give to newborn babies to prevent them from getting diabetes? (8 Dec 2007)
- Our 11-year-old has had type 1 for seven years. Now, her younger sister has been diagnosed with it. Do my wife and I have certain genes that caused their diabetes? (7 Nov 2007)
- Would it be beneficial to give my younger son Omega 3 supplements to help reduce the risk of developing type 1? My older son has had type 1 for two years. (26 Oct 2007)
- Can a child develop diabetes if they eat a lot of sugary foods? (18 Oct 2007)
- Until about five years ago, we lived in a house with a confirmed mold problem. Is it possible the mold triggered our son's recently diagnosed type 1 diabetes? (12 Aug 2007)
- Through TrialNet, our daughter tested positive for GAD and MIAA auto-antibodies. Does this mean her body is already attacking her beta cells? Will she get diabetes? (4 Aug 2007)
- My sister, my older son and I have type 1. My younger son has increased thirst and occasional elevated blood sugars. Is there anything I can do to prevent/delay type 1 onset? (26 Jun 2007)
- Could the liquids and medications used on my son's burns in 2002 have caused his diabetes two years later? (10 Jun 2007)
- I have type 2 and am pregnant. If I choose not to breast feed my child, what are the chances he will develop type 1 diabetes as a child? (29 May 2007)
- Do certain viruses actually lead to beta-cell destruction? What will I learn from the Anti-GAD and Anti-ICA tests I had done? (27 Apr 2007)
- Is it unusual that six students at my daughter's school have diabetes? Why does my daughter suddenly need less insulin? We were told her honeymoon was over. (16 Mar 2007)
- My youngest son has type 1 and I tested positive for GAD-65. What is the chance I will develop type 1? Is there some way to prevent it? (26 Feb 2007)
- At least four of my teen son's second grade classmates have developed type 1. Is there anyone who might be interested in researching this unusually high number? (23 Jan 2007)
- Does the flu shot cause diabetes? Could the virus that causes a wart cause diabetes? (17 Jan 2007)
- Is it possible that diabetes is a hormonal imbalance? Is it possible for a type 1 diabetic to become pregnant and the body to starts to regulate itself again? (7 Jan 2007)
[ Topical Index | Current Research: Causes and Prevention Questions | Questions from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.