Research: Cure from 2005
- What are the best web sites to follow diabetes research? (15 Dec 2005)
- I heard about a cure for type 1 in England. Does it really exist? What type of pump is best for a seven year old? (23 Aug 2005)
- What is your opinion of the effort to find a cure for type 1 that the Iacocca Foundation is funding? Is this for the newly diagnosed or long-term sufferers? (17 Aug 2005)
- Have they tried to do pancreatic transplants in children yet? If so, where do I need to go to look for information on this subject? (16 Jul 2005)
- I'm 43, diagnosed with type 118 months ago. My endocrinologist says I'm producing some insulin, but not in a honeymoon, as I seem to be "recovering." Is this possible? (29 May 2005)
- In your professional opinion, how long does a clinical trial take before a procedure or drug is ready for use? (29 May 2005)
- Do you know an organization helping find a cure without the destruction of embryos? I am looking for one that can benefit from financial support. (21 May 2005)
- With the recent success of a live donor transplant, and encapsulating the islets to prevent immunosupression drugs, when do you realistically view this being available? (11 May 2005)
- Some have said that Roux-en-Y surgery is a "cure." Am I correct in that it is not, even for type 2s, if they resume a diet of "junk food?" (30 Apr 2005)
- How can I get my nephew on the list for an islet transplant? Where can I find information on pediatric diabetes doctors in Des Moines? (12 Mar 2005)
- How can I participate in the islet cell transplantation trials? (2 Mar 2005)
- What do you know about the technique used by Argentine Dr. Fernandez Vina to cure diabetes using stem cells? Are the results validated? (23 Feb 2005)
- What can I expect for the next 10 years? Can I expect a cure with either stem cells or islet cells? (19 Feb 2005)
- Is there any way I could get a stem cell operation? (21 Jan 2005)
- I've heard a lot about an "artificial pancreas"' that is being developed. Is there any hope for it being available in the near future? (20 Jan 2005)
[ Topical Index | Current Research: Cure Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.