Research: Cure from 2007
- Do you think stem cell therapy with the patient's own stem cells injected into the pancreas could be beneficial? (5 Dec 2007)
- My body has rejected the pancreas I received in Italy in July 2005. When I travel to New York in the spring, I'd like to meet a specialist. Can you help me find one? (11 Nov 2007)
- I'm having control problems, so my doctor has recommended insulin. What can you tell me about stem cell treatment? (31 Oct 2007)
- I've read about procedures being done in other countries to cure diabetes. Are such procedures being done in the U.S. as well? (26 Sep 2007)
- Recently, my toddler was diagnosed with type 1. Is there a cure? What causes it? Could it be something else? Is there an Eastern medicine that could cure her? (29 Aug 2007)
- Is it possible to put a virus in a pancreas and keep it there to have it attack the T cells and eventually produce insulin? (28 Aug 2007)
- On NovoRapid and Lantus, my sister's blood sugars are 4 mmol/L [72 mg/dl] to 8 mmol/L [144 mg/dl]. Is her dosing appropriate? Is there a cure for type 1? (3 Jul 2007)
- My daughter is pregnant and wants to know if she should save her umbilical cord for a stem cell transplant for herself. Where can she find out about this? (3 Jun 2007)
- If I were to harvest blasto cells from the placenta of a newborn, could it they help my son who has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? (15 Mar 2007)
- What is the current status of efforts to find a cure for type 1 diabetes? (13 Jan 2007)
- With respect to the "cure" recently seen in the journal Cell, will this be for those who were recently diagnosed or those who have had type 1 for a long time? (7 Jan 2007)
[ Topical Index | Current Research: Cure Questions | Questions from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.