Thyroid from 2006
- My son's TSH was borderline high, but his endocrinologist prefers to wait and begin treatment later. Shouldn't he start on medication now before he gets more symptoms? (17 Dec 2006)
- Diagnosed with type 1 and Grave's disease recently, our young daughter is allergic to Tapazol. She is now on PTU. Will she also be allergic to it? (7 Nov 2006)
- Since starting on Synthroid, my blood sugar has been fine fasting, but going up before I eat breakfast. Is the Synthroid causing the increase? (31 Oct 2006)
- Can you give me more information about how the low thyroid effects menstruation and about insulin resistance before the menstrual cycle? (26 Oct 2006)
- I have an underactive thyroid. I've heard that there is a direction connection between this and diabetes. Is this true? (18 Oct 2006)
- My teen daughter, an athlete, has leg cramps and dry skin. She had an enlarged thyroid, but other tests were negative. What else should we look for? (17 Oct 2006)
- My daughter's thyroid test came back borderline. Do you know if anyone who has been put on medication when their blood results have come back borderline? (2 Sep 2006)
- My stepson gained a lot of weight in a short time. Is this related to his low thyroid? Will he outgrow this? Or, is there something else going on? (30 Jul 2006)
- My toddler has yellowish skin and isn't gaining weight at her usual rate. The doctor wants to check her thyroid, but could she also be developing type 1 diabetes? (14 Jul 2006)
- I am overweight and exercise regularly, but cannot lose weight. My recent blood sugar was slightly elevated. I am exhausted. What could be going on? (25 Apr 2006)
- I had postpartum thyroiditis after giving birth, but my TSH levels returned to normal. I have symptoms again. Is it possible to have hyperthyroidism with "normal" TSH levels? (15 Apr 2006)
- My teen son will be traveling in Europe this summer. Should he need it, can he buy additional Lantus and NovoLog there? (2 Mar 2006)
- Since his diagnosis, my teen son has been depressed and suicidal. Could there be a correlation between his hypothyroidism, uncontrolled blood sugars and depression? (17 Feb 2006)
[ Topical Index | Current Thyroid Questions | Questions from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.