Tight Control from 2000
- What are the long term effects on children with diabetes? (20 Oct 2000)
- My 21 year old son recently had an A1c of 6.9%. His doctor says that's fine, but my son wonders if it could be better. (4 Oct 2000)
- I am a paediatric diabetes nurse who is wondering what you would advocate as a safe HbA1c range for younger children with type 1 diabetes. (29 Sep 2000)
- I think that I am eating right, but for whatever reason, my sugar level is high. What can I do to bring it under control? (3 Sep 2000)
- They have worked very hard to try to stablise his sugar levels but haven't been able to do a good job. Is there anything to help? (30 Aug 2000)
- Are his A1c levels acceptable given the circumstances? (28 Aug 2000)
- I feel like I am sitting and waiting for a time bomb to go off, especially with a teenager. Is it inevitable that problems will happen? (27 Aug 2000)
- My 3 am blood sugars drop down to 40 mg/dl [2.2 mmol/L] or so, and my pre-breakfast readings are 200-250 mg/dl [11.1-13.9 mmol/L]. Please guide. (27 Aug 2000)
- How low would he have to go to have a rebound? Is it better to rebound? Is there any more sensitivity to giving insulin after a rebound? (22 Aug 2000)
- Are there any sorts of formulas or ways for determining the amount of insulin to give? (22 Aug 2000)
- My HbA1c levels are consistently below 6.5%, but the range of blood sugars is large. What would be an acceptable standard deviation? (19 Aug 2000)
- When I am under stress, my blood sugar goes up and my doctors yell at me. What can I do to be in more control of my diabetes? (4 Aug 2000)
- My son has had over 600 hypoglycaemic episodes. He also has frequent episodes of hyperglycaemia. Our specialist Professor is finding it difficult to come up with answers as to why his condition is so fragile. Have you encountered this before? (31 Jul 2000)
- What is considered frequent low blood sugars? (29 May 2000)
- I read that low blood sugars may cause motor and learning delays in developing children. (4 Apr 2000)
- Would a regimen of other types of insulin with more frequent injections allow us to keep tighter control? (21 Feb 2000)
[ Topical Index | Current Tight Control Questions | Questions from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.