Transplants from 1999
- I have read about islet cell transplantation, but nowhere I have seen anyone mention the possibility of using the child's own islet cells. (5 Dec 1999)
- What do you know about an outpatient cell transplant operation being tried recently? (13 Oct 1999)
- I read an article recently about a cell replacement operation that was performed on Jackie Warren Demijohn. (22 Aug 1999)
- I am interested in learning about trials with Islet Cell Transplants and also Pancreas Transplants for myself. (8 May 1999)
- In September 1989, a woman at the University of Alberta had an islet cell transplant. (22 Mar 1999)
- My son has had diabetes since he was 16 years old. Is there any hope to cure him by an islet transplantation? (22 Mar 1999)
- I have heard that the University of Florida has found a way to transplant islet cells without rejection. (19 Feb 1999)
- I am looking for research data on simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplant for a juvenile diabetic with renal failure. (11 Jan 1999)
- A friend has told me about a pancreatic transplant that her cousin had. Are these transplants occuring more frequently? (2 Jan 1999)
[ Topical Index | Current Transplants Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.