Type 2 from 2009
- I have type 2, am very distressed and discouraged. I am a burden to my parents. Here in India, I can't get married when I become of age. How can I manage my life with diabetes? (16 Nov 2009)
- When I forgot to take my Glucovance, I discovered my blood sugars were in range. Still dieting and exercising, do I really have type 2? (27 Jul 2009)
- According to a web site, my BMI is 43.1. I am thirsty, urinate a lot, have blurry vision, and some numbness in my arms. Might I have diabetes? (25 Jul 2009)
- Other than specific diabetes medications, are there any other medications that can raise or lower one's blood sugar? (20 Jul 2009)
- Why is my blood sugar still high and my weight loss continuing after just starting 25 units of NovoLog three times a day and oral medications? (2 Jul 2009)
- Recently, my hands were shaking and I was dizzy. I knew it was time to eat, but didn't have a meter to check my blood sugar. Are dizziness and stumbling symptoms of a low blood sugar? (18 Jun 2009)
- Can metformin's effect be attributed just to its acidic (lactic) effect causing vasodilation and more transcapillary movements of glucose and insulin? (3 Jun 2009)
- Can oral medications for diabetes and exogenous insulin cause some instability or impairment in endogenous insulin's production and secretion? (15 May 2009)
- My wife, who has type 2, is about six weeks pregnant. She has been having elevated blood sugars. Might they have already had an adverse effect on the baby? (14 May 2009)
- Do people with type 2 diabetes, especially those on insulin and those with insulin resistance, develop autonomic dysfunction (sympathetic) at any stage? (13 Apr 2009)
- My recent A1c was 6.6, the same as at diagnosis. The nurse has said the doctor is pleased, but I feel my efforts have been negligible. Should I get a second opinion? (27 Mar 2009)
- Is the oversecretion of cortisol common in type 2 diabetics who are insulin resistant? (1 Mar 2009)
- When a person with type 2 develops hypothyroidism, is this an indicator that their type 2 is becoming type 1? (20 Feb 2009)
- What are indications for a type 2 diabetic to become type 1? (12 Feb 2009)
- Pancreas/beta cells can either be overused or underused in type 2 diabetes. How can its overuse and under use impact or damage it? (18 Jan 2009)
[ Topical Index | Current Type 2 Questions | Questions from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.