Full Time Two-Year Associate Positions at Close Concerns, Inc.
We are looking for two full-time associates to join Close Concerns (www.closeconcerns.com), a leading healthcare advisory firm focused exclusively on diabetes. Each position is two years in duration and designed for 2008 college graduates who plan seek a medical or public health graduate degree following a couple of years in the "real world!" A strong knowledge of diabetes is a major plus, as is experience living with diabetes.
Close Concerns is a growing company devoted to work surrounding diabetes and obesity — we advise leading companies in the field on various strategic issues, primarily focused on new product introductions and investment analysis, and we delve into many facets of diabetes-related field research. Our firm is led by Kelly Close and staffed by two principals, as well by two full-time associates and 10 – and growing! – part-time employees, writers, and editors. We publish a monthly newsletter, Diabetes Close Up, periodic subject and conference reports, and diaTribe (www.diatribe.us), our patient newsletter.
Close Concerns attends over 30 conferences and meetings related to diabetes and obesity each year, reviews hundreds of articles on diabetes and obesity, and follow over 60 private and public companies involved in diabetes and report regularly (sometimes daily!) on progress in the field. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies (Abbott, Amylin, Bayer, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Novo Nordisk, Roche), smaller public companies in the field (Alkermes, Biodel, DexCom, Insulet), multiple private companies, and investors evaluating companies in the diabetes or obesity fields.
The position entails a wide range of projects and tasks:
- Researching, analyzing, and writing diabetes- and obesity-related reports and reviews
- Attending major research meetings (including the American Diabetes Association in San Francisco in June 2008, and the American Association of Diabetes Educators in Washington DC in August, 2008 and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes in Rome in September 2008) and reporting on proceedings
- Analyzing, synthesizing and summarizing scientific journal articles
- Participating in conference calls and interviews with premiere doctors and educators in the diabetes world
- Writing pieces for the newsletters and other reports, as well as our blog, and associated editing and assisting in its publication
- Assessing Internet research on a variety of healthcare-related subjects
- Competitive salary and bonus, healthcare insurance, generous vacation
- Flexibility on base (if you need to travel for medical school interviews, we make this very easy; if you want to work among family or friends in other cities, we make this possible)
- San Francisco headquarters – lots of fun activities with the team throughout the city
- Exposure to medicine and business through diabetes and obesity
- Immense exposure to learning on diabetes and obesity
- Opportunities to meet with famous physicians and business leaders
- Opportunities for significant responsibility stemming from the small size of the company
- Travel to interesting cities – Amsterdam, Berlin, Durban (South Africa), Geneva, Istanbul, Helsinki, Honolulu, London New York all planned in 2008 - 09
- Significant responsibility and autonomy
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Significant knowledge of and strong interest in diabetes
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (Occasional waivers possible depending on diabetes knowledge)
- High energy and ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Excellent research skills; facility with Internet search engines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to synthesize scientific concepts
- Highly reliable; commitment to schedules and deadlines
- Flexible schedule for some night and weekend work
- Highly committed
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong detail orientation
This position is particularly well suited to someone with a strong background in both writing and science. If interested in this two-year position, please send a resume (with GPA) and cover letter describing your interest in the position to Kaku.Armah@closeconcerns.com and Kelly.Close@closeconcerns.com. We thank you for your consideration!
Last Updated: Sunday March 30, 2008 13:01:57
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.