These companies are involved in diabetes and offer products or services that might be of interest to families who have kids with diabetes. This list is by no means comprehensive.
- Accu-Chek.com offers information about the products of Roche Diagnostics.
- The AdvantaJet web pages describe the Health More Personal Care products and have a few letters from users of their jet injectors.
- Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. makes Symlin and Byetta, two drugs for treating type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Animas Corporation sells insulin pumps and supplies.
- The BD Diabetes has lots of helpful information about diabetes.
- You can read about Dr. Bernstein's low-carbohydrate diabetes program at his website, www.diabetes-normalsugars.com.
- BrainPOP is an interactive web site with information and animations about diabetes and blood glucose monitoring.
- DiaBEATers includes resources for diabetes educators and sells diabetes resources and educational tools.
- The Diabetes and Endocrinology Home Page, presented by the Diabetes and Hormone Center of the Pacific (Hawaii, USA), includes information about diabetes, thyroid problems, and a diabetes knowledge test.
- Diabetes Digest is a magazine that is available for free at drugstore chains in the United States. Their web site has information about diabetes in English and Spanish.
- Diabetic Investor covers the global market for diabetes care products.
- Diabetic Lifestyle Online Magazine is a diabetes web site published by the co-authors of the Joslin Diabetes Gourmet Cookbook.
- Diabetes Educator Associates, Inc. maintains a network of Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) who specialize in the education and management of diabetes.
- The Diabetes Mall provides extensive information about all aspects of diabetes, as well as a large online store.
- Diabetes Monitor contains diabetes information, an active blog, and links to many diabetes-related sites on the Web.
- Diatranz is working on a cure for type 1 diabetes using encapsulated porcine islet cells.
- Disetronic Medical Systems, Inc., maker of insulin pumps, is owned by Roche Diagnostics.
- Disetronic Medical Systems USA has information for patients in the US.
- dLife produces a weekly television show and offers diabetes information and support on its web site.
- eDiet Shoppe lets you shop on-line for low sugar or
sugar-free foods and candies. Diabetic exchanges are included for many products.
- LillyDiabetes contains educational information about diabetes.
- EMLA USA has information about EMLA and the EMLA disc, which are used to numb insertion sites for pump users.
- Read about Encelle Incorporated, a company investigating macroencapsulation of porcine islet cells as a way to cure Type 1 diabetes. The company's technique has shown to be effective in dogs for up to four months. From the pages of The Islet Foundation.
- The Foot and Ankle Institute will provide you with ample evidence to convince those with diabetes to keep their shoes on when they're outside playing. Some graphic photographs of foot ulcers exacerbated by diabetic neuropathy.
- GoodBloodSugar.com is a service of Islet Sheet Medical.
- Injection Locator is a Canadian company that makes a product to help with injection site rotation.
- Integrated Diabetes Services provides individualized diabetes education and self-management training for children and adults, in private and small group sessions in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania.
- International Diabetes Web Site, presented by the International Diabetes Institute in Australia, has information about diabetes in Australia.
- ITA Software, Inc., offers software for analyzing blood glucose readings. Their Web site displays several screen snapshots from their four-program commercial software bundle for Windows.
- Ivanhoe's Medical Breakthroughs offers newsletters with breaking news about diabetes and other medical conditions.
- Kronus manufactures a test for the Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD) Antibody that presages the onset of insulin-dependent diabetes.
- The LifeClinic Diabetes Channel offers diabetes information.
- Visit the LifeScan offers a wealth of information about diabetes and LifeScan's blood glucose monitoring products, including product manuals in PDF format. Canadians can visit the LifeScan Canada web site.
- Medicool, Inc., makes travel cases. They also distribute vitamins and videos. Be sure to check out Diabetes News.
- Medi-Ject Corporation is a maker of jet injectors.
- MedPrompts offers a pager reminder service to help people remember their medications.
- Medtronic MiniMed is a leading maker of insulin pumps.
- Mistebar makes a wallet sized insulin dosing calculator.
- MyDiabetes is a commercial web site about diabetes. Free registration is required to view the contents of the site.
- National Health Video offers diabetes-related videos.
- Novo Nordisk, maker of insulin and insulin injection products, has an enormous web presence. Included is a well done animation called Hands on Insulin. US visitors should go to the Novo Nordisk USA site. Other Novo Nordisk sites include:
- NovoRapid, about insulin aspart (NovoLog in the US, NovoRapid elsewhere).
- Survival Kit - The 5-minute Education Programme offers quick tips about diabetes care.
- Teaching Retinopathy provides information about diabetic retinopathy screening and includes a self assessment retinopathy diagnosis exercise.
- Innovo is about Novo's Innovo insulin delivery system.
- Diabetes Guidelines includes several consensus guidelines.
- Ethnic Groups with Diabetes offers information and guidance aimed at Pakistanis with diabetes. Information is in both English and Arabic.
- Childhood Diabetes is for health care professionals working with children and adolescents with diabetes.
- NutraSweet offers information about their aspartame sweetener.
- Palco Laboratories manufactures the Adjustable Soft Touch lancing device and other diabetes-related products.
- Roche Diagnostics Scandinavia has four new country-specific web sites for Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Norway.
- SpectRx is a medical technology development company that is developing a painless, bloodless personal glucose monitor.
- Sweet One is a sugar-substitute made from acesulfame potassium, or Ace-K. Visit the Sweet One web site for recipes and a free sample.
- Unique Insulin Pump Accessories specializes in products, education and support for people with diabetes wearing an insulin pump. All of its products are designed by insulin pump users to help you wear your pump more comfortably. If you use a pump, this site is worth a look.
- Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals produces beef and pork insulins sold under the Hypurin® brand and plans to continue to produce them.
Last Updated: Tuesday December 08, 2009 12:35:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.