- Usenet newsgroups are always a great place to look for information on the internet. Several focus on diabetes:
- misc.health.diabetes was one of the earliest diabetes newsgroups. The focus is more on adult issues than kids.
- alt.support.diabetes focuses on adults, primarily with type 2 diabetes.
- alt.support.diabetes.kids, while about diabetes in kids, receives very little traffic.
Before you begin your quest for knowledge on a newsgroup, you should always read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). So check out the Usenet Diabetes FAQ, written by Edward Reid. It's an excellent place to start to find information about diabetes.
- All Diabetic International is an international support forum based at Yahoo.
- Health Central's Diabetes Information site offers help for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- People with diabetes face discrimination in the workplace. Read Employment Considerations for People Who Have Diabetes.
- Web sites from outside North America, and non-English language sites, include:
English, but from outside North America
- Diabetes.dk is the web site of the Danish diabetes association
- LifeScan France offers French visitors information about LifeScan products and services.
- MeLLiTis is a French-language web site about diabetes run by Pierre Y. Benhamou, MD, PhD.
- Diabetes.it is an Italian language web site about diabetes by Novo Nordisk.
- Progetto Diabete is an Italian-language web site for parents of kids with diabetes in Italy.
- Diabet.ru is a Russian-language web site about diabetes.
- DiabetologNytt is the Swedish-language web site of the Swedish Association for Diabetology. Many articles in their Diabetes Update are also in English.
- On-line Diabetes Resources, run by David Mendosa, is an excellent source of information about diabetes and has the most extensive collection of links anywhere.
- U.S. News & World Report's Diabetes Center is produced with help from the Joslin Diabetes Center.
Last Updated: Tuesday December 08, 2009 11:35:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.