- The Alberta Foundation for Diabetes Research raises funds to support clinical trials, as well as other promising diabetes research projects being carried out in Alberta, Canada.
- American Associaton of Diabetes Educators is the professional organization for diabetes educators in the US.
- The American Association of Kidney Patients is a resource for those with kidney failure. Included in the patient stories is a diabetic who suffered kidney failure.
- The American Diabetes Association is the largest diabetes support organization in the US.s
- The web site of The American Dietetic Association has nutritional information, frequently asked questions, and can help you find a dietitian.
The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes is one of the best clinical and research centers in the world.
- The British Society For Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes supports children with endocrinological disorders and diabetes mellitus.
- Our list of Camps for Children with Diabetes can help you find a great summer retreat for your child.
- The Canadian Diabetes Association is the focal point for diabetes in Canada.
- The Children's Institute is a rehabilitation facility and school for children and young adults with disabilities.
- The Diabetes Action Research and Education Foundation is organized to enhance the quality of life for all people whose lives are affected by diabetes and its complications. DAREF provides provides a weekly diabetes tip and recipe on its website.
- The Diabetes Association of Greater Cleveland is a local, independent United Way Agency, serving Northeast Ohio.
- Diabetes Kids and Teens offers education and support for kids with type 1 diabetes in Australia.
- The Diabetes Educators of Eastern Massachusetts pages discuss the role of diabetes educators and include other useful information.
The Diabetes Exercise and Sports Association offers advice and assistance to athletes with diabetes.
- The Diabetes Federation of Ireland provides support to people with diabetes throughout Ireland.
- The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi serves the 240,000 people in Mississippi with diabetes.
- Diabetes New Zealand acts as a national focal point for people affected by diabetes in New Zealand.
The Diabetes Research Institute in Miami, Florida, is an international center dedicated exclusively to the cure and treatment of diabetes.
- The Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation supports sentific research into treatments and cure of diabetes; conducts screenings, and education programs to save lives from blindness, kidney failure, amputations; and publishes The Diabetes Wellness letter. It also provides free medical alert ID necklaces and diabetes self-management diaries and educational literature upon request.
- Diabetes UK contains information from the British Diabetes Association's Balance magazine, as well as other sources. Beware: there is a very large Java application on the home page that is simply an animated image.
- Diabetes Voice is the Bulletin of the International Diabetes Federation.
Diabetes World Flight is the first round-the-world flight by a pilot with Type 1 Diabetes, finishing in USA on 19th February 2003.
- The Diabetes Resource Coalition of Long Island offers information and support to people living with diabetes on Long Island.
- The Diabetic Children's Foundation of Mont-Royal, Québec, provides funds for research and Camp Carowanis.
- Dream Trust aims to offer complete healthcare to underprivileged type 1 diabetics, especially children and with a particular focus on female diabetics.
- The Endocrine Society is the world's largest and most active organization devoted to the research, study and clinical practice of endocrinology. Their section about diabetes and insulin offers links to resources for professionals and patients.
- The goal of the Diabetes Education Study Group of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) is to encourage and support therapeutic education about diabetes and the rapid diffusion of acquired scientific knowledge in the field.
- The Federation of European Nurses in Diabetes (FEND) intends to develop and promote the professional status of the diabetes nurse throughout Europe.
- The Human Biological Data Interchange (HBDI) was founded to provide a resource to researchers in their search for diabetes genes.
- The goal of The Islet Foundation is to cure Type 1 diabetes through transplantaion of microencapsulated islets. You can read about their technique.
- The Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust is working to convince the US FDA to allow importation of beef-sourced insulin.
Insulin-for-Life helps provide insulin to those in need in the developing world.
- The Insulin Pumpers web site has information about pumps and a very large and active mailing list for pump users of all ages.
- The International Diabetes Center developed the Staged Diabetes Management program.
- The International Diabetes Federation is an organization of 146 national associations in 121 countries. Their web site includes information about diabetes from around the world.
- Jewish Diabetes offer help for people looking for help in managing diabetes within the dietary laws of Judaism.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation raises money for research.
- Kids with Courage is a non-profit organization that provides support to families in Kansas and Missouri.
- The Louisiana Diabetes Foundation serves people with diabetes who live in Louisiana.
- The National Diabetes Center is a patient advocacy group for physicians.
- The Nevada Diabetes Association for Children and Adults is committed to helping anyone with diabetes enjoy a better quality of life and to create programs of excellence in Nevada to reduce the impact of diabetes in our state.
- The PADRE (Pediatric-Adolescent Diabetes Research and Education) Foundation offers education and support for families living in the Orange County, California area.
- The Society for Endocrinology publishes its newsletter, The Endocrinologist, online.
- The South African Diabetes Association is a national welfare organization which provides support and information to people with diabetes and to the public.
- Sugarbugs is a group for children with diabetes. Their main goal is to be a sounding board and support network for families with diabetic children.
Taking Control of Your Diabetes presents educational and motivational conferences and health fairs in cities across the United States. Guided by the belief that every person with diabetes has the right to live a healthy, happy, and productive life, Taking Control of Your DiabetesTM educates and motivates people with diabetes to take a more active role in their condition and provides innovative and integrative continuing diabetes education to medical professionals caring for people with diabetes.
Last Updated: Friday September 21, 2012 16:52:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.