Celiac News from 2005
25 December 2005
- Celiac disease support group offers advice on how to cope.
- Wheat intolerance.
18 December 2005
- Association between serum markers for celiac and thyroid autoimmune diseases. Free full text available in Portuguese in HTML and PDF formats.
- Dr. Mom's intuition: When a child is ill, mothers use instincts, Internet, persistence to get answers.
11 December 2005
- The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program Summer 2004 issue has an excellent article about celiac and type 1 diabetes.
- Illness of the intestines gets late notice in U.S.
- Living was queasy until pair went grain-free.
4 December 2005
- Celiac disease: evaluation of the diagnosis and dietary compliance in Canadian children.
- The Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program (GFRAP), facilitates the relationship between individuals with celiac disease and individually owned and operated restaurants that understand their dietary needs. GFRAP was developed by the Westchester Celiac Sprue Support Group.
- Celiac Club helps students cope.
6 November 2005
- Diagnosis of celiac disease.
- Natural history of transglutaminase autoantibodies and mucosal changes in children carrying HLA-conferred celiac disease susceptibility.
- Enamel defects in children with coeliac disease.
30 October 2005
- Prevalence of celiac disease in Brazilian children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Celiac disease in children and adolescents with Down syndrome. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Reproductive aspects of celiac disease.
23 October 2005
- Celiac disease: a multisystem autoimmune disorder.
- Is celiac disease an autoimmune disorder?
- Celiac disease: caught between a rock and a hard place. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. The PDF includes several excellent diagrams.
- The impairment of bone formation and resorption in 25-year-old man with neglected celiac disease.
- Pasta, Bread, Cookies That Hurt.
- Avoiding migraines with wheat-free diet.
16 October 2005
- Sprue- whew!: Celiac sufferers pooped.
9 October 2005
- Usefulness of anti-transglutaminase antibodies in the diagnosis of celiac disease.
- Low-dose gluten challenge in celiac sprue: malabsorptive and antibody responses.
- Effect of pretreatment of food gluten with prolyl endopeptidase on gluten-induced malabsorption in celiac sprue.
18 September 2005
- Food fight: For a person with celiac disease, staying well takes more than avoiding bread.
11 September 2005
- Screening Detected Celiac Disease in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Effect on the Clinical Course (A Case Control Study).
- Limited Efficiency of Prolyl-Endopeptidase in the Detoxification of Gliadin Peptides in Celiac Disease.
- Endoscopy in celiac disease.
- A national prospective study on childhood celiac disease in the Netherlands 1993-2000: an increasing recognition and a changing clinical picture.
- Association study of functional genetic variants of innate immunity related genes in celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Molecular mechanisms responsible for the involvement of tissue transglutaminase in human diseases: celiac disease.
- Molecular mechanisms of the adaptive, innate and regulatory immune responses in the intestinal mucosa of celiac disease patients.
- Serum Nitric Oxide Levels in Children with Celiac Disease.
- A Search for the Holy Grail: Non-Toxic Gluten for Celiac Patients. Also available in PDF format.
- Natural Variation in Toxicity of Wheat: Potential for Selection of Nontoxic Varieties for Celiac Disease Patients.
- Autoantibodies Against Soluble and Immobilized Human Recombinant Tissue Transglutaminase in Children with Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease.
- Gluten Free Beer for Celiacs is REAL BEER!
28 August 2005
- The Role of Autoimmunity at Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes in the Development of Thyroid and Celiac Disease and Microvascular Complications.
- I'm so glad to be gluten free.
21 August 2005
- Celiac disease and risk of adverse fetal outcome: a population-based cohort study.
- Gluten the enemy for those with celiac disease.
- New Food Safety Program -Independent Certification Program for Gluten-Free Food Processing.
7 August 2005
- Physician awareness of celiac disease: a need for further education.
- Association of adult celiac disease with surgical abdominal pain: a case-control study in patients referred to secondary care.
- Gluten sensitivity and neuromyelitis optica: two case reports.
- Gluten for punishment: Better eating puts celiac symptoms on the shelf.
- Classic symptoms: Billings toddler diagnosed with celiac disease.
- Health Alert: Growth problems.
- Gluten-Free Market Goes Mainstream.
- Local woman develops gluten-free mixes.
- Hybrid Beer for Celiacs - Gluten Free Beer Recipe.
31 July 2005
- Coeliac disease in children with Type 1 diabetes mellitus: the effect of the gluten-free diet.
17 July 2005
- Cirrhosis in Children With Celiac Disease.
- Small Intestinal Contrast Ultrasonography-Based Scoring System: A Promising Approach for the Diagnosis and Follow-Up of Celiac Disease.
- The value of wireless capsule endoscopy in patients with complicated celiac disease.
- Celiac Disease: From Inflammation to Atrophy: A Long-Term Follow-up Study.
10 July 2005
- Food intolerance: a scientific void.
3 July 2005
- Hersh: New study on celiac disease.
- Restaurants now offering gluten-free food.
- Reason to smile follows years of sickness and chronic pain.
- The Gluten-Free Mall Underwrites "Gut Reaction" Public Radio Documentary on Celiac Disease.
- Looking at Every Ingredient While They Have a Screaming Toddler in the Trolley.
26 June 2005
- Prospective screening for biopsy proven coeliac disease, autoimmunity and malabsorption markers in Belgian subjects with Type 1 diabetes.
- High Prevalence of Celiac Disease Among Patients Affected by Crohn's Disease.
- Liver transplantation in a child with celiac disease.
- Severe osteomalacia due to undiagnosed coeliac disease: three case reports of Tunisian women.
- Coeliac disease presenting as dermatitis herpetiformis in infancy.
- Serological screening for celiac disease in premenopausal women with idiopathic osteoporosis.
5 June 2005
- Coeliac disease in developing countries: Middle East, India and North Africa.
22 May 2005
- Risk of Celiac Disease Autoimmunity and Timing of Gluten Introduction in the Diet of Infants at Increased Risk of Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Gluten Exposure in Infants Lowers Risk for Celiac Disease.
15 May 2005
- Gluten-Free Living is a magazine for people with celiac.
- Study shows celiac disease can cause osteoporosis.
- Dinner for two, gluten for all.
- March girl has rare condition.
8 May 2005
- Can tissue transglutaminase antibody titers replace small-bowel biopsy to diagnose celiac disease in select pediatric populations?
- Serologic testing for celiac disease in young adults--a cost-effect analysis.
- Tissue transglutaminase antibodies in celiac disease, comparison of an enzyme linked immunosorbent assay and a dot blot assay.
- The contemporary clinical picture of the celiac disease in children.
- Intestinal permeability in long-term follow-up of patients with celiac disease on a gluten-free diet.
- Nutritional Status in Adolescents and Young Adults with Screen-Detected Celiac Disease.
- Serological and genetic markers in the diagnosis and follow-up of coeliac disease. Free full text in Spanish in HTML and PDF formats.
- Mechanisms underlying celiac disease and its neurologic manifestations.
- Gliadin as a stimulator of innate responses in celiac disease.
- Clinical reasoning and decision-marking in practice. A general practitioner with long-standing anaemia.
- Living Without is a magazine for people with celiac disease and other food allergies.
24 April 2005
- Epidemiology of celiac disease: What are the prevalence, incidence, and progression of celiac disease? Also available in PDF format.
- Should all children be screened for celiac disease? Full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The prevalence of celiac disease in average-risk and at-risk Western European populations: A systematic review. Full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Neurologic presentation of celiac disease. Full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Skin manifestations of celiac disease. Also available in PDF format.
- Fertility and pregnancy-related events in women with celiac disease: a population-based cohort study. See also Celiac Disease May Not Affect Fertility.
17 April 2005
- Celiac disease in patients with an affected member, type 1 diabetes, iron-deficiency, or osteoporosis?
10 April 2005
- Need for quantitative assessment of transglutaminase autoantibodies for celiac disease in screening-identified children.
3 April 2005
- Atypical presentation of coeliac disease. Also available in PDF format.
- Antibody negative coeliac disease presenting in elderly people—an easily missed diagnosis. Also available in PDF format.
- Celiac disease in adult patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus in Tunisia.
- Pediatric Gastroenterologists Release Survey Results on Celiac Disease Awareness - Physician Survey Shows Need for Education About Diagnosis and Symptoms.
- Against the Grain: Finding Silent Celiac Disease.
27 March 2005
- Use of HLA Typing in Diagnosing Celiac Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Go gluten-free, deliciously.
- Sisters make altered bread.
20 March 2005
- Gluten-free diet may alleviate depressive and behavioural symptoms in adolescents with coeliac disease: a prospective follow-up case-series study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- High Prevalence of Celiac Disease in Patients with Lactose Intolerance.
- Celiac disease in close family members.
- Given capsule endoscopy in celiac disease: evaluation of diagnostic accuracy and interobserver agreement.
- Autonomic neuropathy and coeliac disease.
- Prospective screening for coeliac disease in patients with Graves' hyperthyroidism using anti-gliadin and tissue transglutaminase antibodies.
- Systematic review: the liver in coeliac disease.
- Growth hormone deficiency and coeliac disease: an unusual association?
- A 10-minute remedy.
13 March 2005
- Celiac disease in a group of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in Portuguese.
- Digestion pill to end diabetes diets.
6 March 2005
- Mapping of gluten T-cell epitopes in the bread wheat ancestors: implications for celiac disease. See also Ancient Wheat Could Yield Celiac-Friendly Bread.
20 February 2005
- Celiac disease in the Turkish population.
13 February 2005
- Gluten-free diets are only option for some.
- Diabetic kids at risk for celiac disease.
- Wheat disease on the rise.
- Imagine Eating Without Wheat.
- Gender Bias in Child Growth Evaluations May Miss Disease in Girls.
30 January 2005
- IgA anti-transglutaminase antibodies as a tool for screening atypical forms of coeliac disease in a French at-risk paediatric population.
- Micronutrient Sprinkles to Control Childhood Anaemia. (Children with celiac often have anemia.)
- Hunting down the kitchen culprits.
- Celiac disease can be treated with positive outcomes.
- Heartland Ingredients: A gluten-free alternative.
23 January 2005
- When gastrointestinal symptoms present, consideration should always be given to celiac disease.
- Evidence of a correlation between mannose binding lectin and celiac disease: a model for other autoimmune diseases.
- Serum granzymes and CD30 are increased in children's milk protein sensitive enteropathy and celiac disease.
- Prototypic disorders of gastrointestinal mucosal immune function: Celiac disease and Crohn's disease.
16 January 2005
- Gluten-Free Cuisine: Is Avoiding the Protein Better for Us?
9 January 2005
- Markers of bone turnover in prepubertal children with celiac disease.
- Celiac Sprue Presenting as Severe Hemorrhagic Diathesis due to Vitamin K Deficiency.
- Neurological manifestations of celiac disease. Also available in PDF format.
- Peripheral Neuropathy and Celiac Disease.
- Clues to celiac disease immunological mechanism.
- Economic comparison of current endoscopic practices: Barrett's surveillance vs. ulcerative colitis surveillance vs. biopsy for sprue vs. biopsy for microscopic colitis.
2 January 2005
- Guideline for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Celiac Disease in Children: Recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
- Spotlight Turns on Celiac Disease.
- Baking up a Whole-Grain Rice Bread.
- Firm fills gluten-free niche after mom's success with diet.
- Teen's Weight-loss Effort Presents A New Challenge.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:55
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.