Celiac News from 2006
31 December 2006
- HLA-DQB1*0201 homozygosis predisposes to severe intestinal damage in celiac disease.
- No observed local immunological response at cell level after five years of oats in adult coeliac disease.
- Gluten-Free Diet Impact on Leptin Levels in Asymptomatic Coeliac Adolescents: One Year of Follow-Up.
- Coeliac disease and primary hyperparathyroidism: an association?
- Population screening for coeliac disease in a low prevalence area in Italy.
- First prevalence of celiac disease in a Portuguese population.
- Prevalence of diabetes-related autoantibodies in celiac disease.
- Undiagnosed coeliac disease and nutritional deficiencies in adults screened in primary health care.
- Effect of HLA DQ2, dietary exposure and coeliac disease on the development of antibody response to gliadin in children.
24 December 2006
- Coeliac disease and oats: a systematic review.
- Celiac Disease and Risk of Liver Disease: A General Population-Based Study.
- Recent advances in the understanding of celiac disease : therapeutic implications for the management of pediatric patients.
- Anheuser-Busch releases gluten-free beer.
- Support group helps make living with celiac disease a piece of (no gluten) cake.
17 December 2006
- Development of autoimmunity to transglutaminase C in children of patients with type 1 diabetes: relationship to islet autoantibodies and infant feeding.
10 December 2006
- How do Swedish paediatric clinics diagnose coeliac disease? Results of a nationwide questionnaire study.
- HLA genotyping is useful in the evaluation of the risk for coeliac disease in the 1st-degree relatives of patients with coeliac disease.
- Celiac Disease and HLA in a Bedouin Kindred.
- Coeliacs must learn to live without their daily bread.
- Food fight.
- Claire cooks up a new business to meet food allergy challenge.
- Wheat no more. Go gluten-free.
3 December 2006
- Genome-wide linkage analysis of 160 North American families with celiac disease.
- A new indirect chemiluminescent immunoassay to measure anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies.
- Alice's Story.
- CNN Newsroom Anchor Heidi Collins to be Official Spokesperson for the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.
26 November 2006
- Treatment and Management of Celiac Disease.
- Gluten intolerance: Gender and age-related features.
- Epilepsy and Celiac Disease: Favorable Outcome With a Gluten-Free Diet in a Patient Refractory to Antiepileptic Drugs.
19 November 2006
- Oats in the treatment of childhood coeliac disease: a 2-year controlled trial and a long-term clinical follow-up study.
12 November 2006
- Celiac disease triples risk of diabetes.
- Prevalence of celiac disease among siblings of celiac disease patients.
5 November 2006
- Celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical Value of Immunoglobulin A Antitransglutaminase Assay in the Diagnosis of Celiac Disease.
- Levels of serologic markers of celiac disease in patients with reflux esophagitis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in an urban area of Brazil with predominantly European ancestry. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Disease: It's Common, and Commonly Misdiagnosed.
29 October 2006
- Clinical Benefit of a Gluten-Free Diet in Type 1 Diabetic Children With Screening-Detected Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease and Risk of Subsequent Type 1 Diabetes: A general population cohort study of children and adolescents.
22 October 2006
- Systemic autoimmune disorders in celiac disease.
15 October 2006
- Rotavirus infection frequency and risk of celiac disease autoimmunity in early childhood: a longitudinal study.
- Recent developments in celiac disease.
- Overweight in celiac disease: prevalence, clinical characteristics, and effect of a gluten-free diet.
- Cognitive impairment and celiac disease.
8 October 2006
- Should Stored Serum of Patients Previously Tested for Celiac Disease Serology be Retested for Transglutaminase Antibodies?
- Celiac sprue is primarily a disease of blocked cellular recognition.
- Are you celiac aware?
1 October 2006
- Sourdough lactobacilli and celiac disease.
- Endoscopic markers for celiac disease.
24 September 2006
- The prevalence of growth hormone deficiency and celiac disease in short children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
17 September 2006
- Do we need to measure total serum IgA to exclude IgA deficiency in coeliac disease?
- Selected aspects of the epidemiological analysis of celiac disease and diabetes mellitus type 1 coexistance in children and youth.
- Extraintestinal manifestations of celiac disease.
- Hematological manifestations of celiac disease.
- Peripheral Neurological Disturbances, Autonomic Dysfunction, and Antineuronal Antibodies in Adult Celiac Disease Before and After a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Stores increasingly offering gluten-free products.
- Patients often lost in painful mystery.
- Brewer Finds Success With Gluten-Free Beer.
10 September 2006
- Oral proteases: a new approach to managing coeliac disease. Full text available in PDF format.
- Current epidemiology and accessibility to diet compliance in adult celiac disease.
- Abnormal fatty acid pattern in intestinal mucosa of children with celiac disease is not reflected in serum phospholipids.
- Clinical features of celiac disease in Indian children: are they different from the West?
3 September 2006
- Change in lipid profile in celiac disease: beneficial effect of gluten-free diet.
- Management of celiac disease in childhood and adolescence: unique challenges and strategies.
- Bowel sonography in adult celiac disease: diagnostic accuracy and ultrasonographic features.
- Celiac Disease Could be a Frequent Disease in Mexico: Prevalence of Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody in Healthy Blood Donors.
- Diagnosis of celiac disease. Full text available in HTML format.
- Unusual manifestations of celiac disease. Full text available in HTML format.
- Enzymatic gluten detoxification: the proof of the pudding is in the eating!.
27 August 2006
- Club Celiac Sailing Adventure is a two hour sight seeing adventure aboard the schooner Adirondack in New York on Sunday, September 10th.
- Celiac disease on the rise.
13 August 2006
- Cooking gluten-free: A celiac survival guide.
6 August 2006
- HLA-DQ2 and -DQ8 signatures of gluten T cell epitopes in celiac disease. Full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Baffling disease mistaken for other illnesses slowly being unmasked.
- Churchgoers want gluten-free wafers for communion service.
30 July 2006
- 'A major life change' -- People with celiac disease undergo a radical shift in diet.
- Coping with celiac disease means dining without wheat.
- Pasta and pizza are poison for celiacs.
23 July 2006
- The changing immunological paradigm in coeliac disease.
- Assessing the population impact of low rates of breast-feeding on asthma, coeliac disease and obesity: the use of a new statistical method.
- The epidemiology of coeliac disease in East Dorset 1993-2002: An assessment of the 'coeliac iceberg', and preliminary evidence of case clustering.
- Neuropathy associated with gluten sensitivity. Free full text available in PDF format.
9 July 2006
- Celiac Success: New Enzyme Efficiently Degrades Gluten In "human Stomach" Environment is a follow up to a study reported last week.
- Gluten-Free Foods and Beverages—the $1.7 Billion Natural Foods "Niche" Market. See also Gluten-free market set to boom, says report.
2 July 2006
- Highly efficient gluten degradation with a newly identified prolyl endoprotease: implications for celiac disease. See also Celiac Success: New Enzyme Efficiently Degrades Gluten.
25 June 2006
- Rational design of combination enzyme therapy for celiac sprue.
- Celiac disease and childhood cancer.
18 June 2006
- Inflammatory bowel disease: maladaptation of the vigilant genotype in a hyper-clean world?
28 May 2006
- Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Serum prevalence of celiac disease in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Celiac Disease-Sandwiched between Innate and Adaptive Immunity.
- Eating disorders and celiac disease: A case report.
- School and leisure activities in adolescents and young adults with chronic digestive disorders: impact of burden of disease.
21 May 2006
- Highly efficient gluten degradation with a newly identified prolyl endoprotease: implications for celiac disease.
- Improving the management of celiac disease: An urgent challenge.
- Latent coeliac disease in a 4.5-year-old girl with type 1 diabetes mellitus--case report.
- To Hell and Back: The gluten-free journey.
- Against the grain; Celiac disease sufferers can't tolerate wheat, barley, rye, oats.
- Italians fight food discrimination; Top chefs lead fight for celiac and allergy sufferers.
14 May 2006
- Celiacs: Gluten For Punishment.
- Learning to Live With Celiac Disease.
7 May 2006
- As more diabetics turn up with celiac disease, doctors grapple with universal testing.
- New Gluten-Free Flour Developed for Sufferers of Celiac Sprue.
30 April 2006
- Awakening to a whole new life.
23 April 2006
- Testing for celiac disease without endoscopy.
16 April 2006
- A First Communion dream in doubt. See also Dracut Girl Wants A Traditional First Communion and Family Upset With Church's Stance On Girl's Communion.
- Gluten guard.
2 April 2006
- Association between insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and coeliac disease. A study on 175 diabetes patients.
- Risk of Celiac Disease in Children With Type 1 Diabetes Is Modified by Positivity for HLA-DQB1*02-DQA1*05 and TNF –308A.
- New easy test for celiac disease.
- Hopeful steps for celiac sufferers.
26 March 2006
- Reduction of tissue transglutaminase autoantibody levels by gluten-free diet is associated with changes in subsets of peripheral blood lymphocytes in children with newly diagnosed coeliac disease.
- Long-term follow-up of coeliac disease - what do coeliac patients want?
19 March 2006
- Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies and their role in the investigation of coeliac disease.
12 March 2006
- Cutaneous manifestations in celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
26 February 2006
- Celiac disease: Shedding light on Dr. Tony Riehl's condition.
- New labels help avoid forbidden ingredients, but dangers lurk.
19 February 2006
- Allergy causes french fry quandary. See also McDonald's Sued Over Ingredients of Fries and Jupiter couple sue McDonald's, claiming fries made daughter ill.
12 February 2006
- 'Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic', by Peter H.R. Green, M.D. and Rory Jones is First and Only Authoritative Guide on the Serious Autoimmune Disease.
15 January 2006
- Most probable origin of coeliac disease is low immune globulin A in the intestine caused by malfunction of Peyer's patches.
- Celiac disease at a glance.
8 January 2006
- Hidden danger is coming into focus; Celiac disease was once thought rare.
1 January 2006
- Celiac disease in Tunisia: serological screening in healthy blood donors.
- Gluten-Free Foods Becoming Mainstream In U.S.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:55
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.