Celiac News from 2018
23 May 2018
Dietitian visits were a safe and cost-effective form of follow-up care for children with celiac disease.
Link Between Celiac Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Beyond Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Efficacy of the Low Fodmap Diet for Improving Symptoms in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Celiac Disease.
Experimental drug eases effects of gluten for celiac patients on gluten-free diet.
My Favorite Places to Get Low Carb, Gluten Free Dinner Recipes.
16 May 2018
- Elevated anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in children newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes do not always indicate celiac disease.
- Gluten-free living in China: The characteristics, food choices and difficulties in following a gluten-free diet - An online survey.
- Starbucks blasted for dumping gluten-free sandwich.
9 May 2018
- Daily Intake of Milk Powder and Risk of Celiac Disease in Early Childhood: A Nested Case-Control Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Traveling on a gluten-free diet doesn't have to suck — here's how to make it work for you.
2 May 2018
- The Effect of Depressive Symptoms on the Association between Gluten-Free Diet Adherence and Symptoms in Celiac Disease: Analysis of a Patient Powered Research Network. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical and Microbiological Effect of a Multispecies Probiotic Supplementation in Celiac Patients With Persistent IBS-type Symptoms: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Trial.
- Ten years of follow-up of the Spanish cohort of the European PreventCD study: the lessons learned. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Celiac Disease: How Much Gluten is Unintentionally Consumed on a Gluten-Free Diet?
- Celiac Disease is more than just a trend.
25 April 2018
- Increased prevalence of pathogenic bacteria in the gut microbiota of infants at risk of developing celiac disease: the PROFICEL study.
- Risk of Fractures in Youths with Celiac Disease-A Population-Based Study.
- Alterations of Inflammatory and Matrix Production Indices in Celiac Disease With Low Bone Mass on Long-term Gluten-free Diets.
- Development of gluten-free fish (Pseudoplatystoma corruscans) patties by response surface methodology.
- Why would oats need a ‘gluten-free’ label?
18 April 2018
- Antibody Concentrations Decrease 14-fold in Children With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-free Diet but Remain High at 3 Months.
- Gluten-free-rendered products contribute to imbalanced diets in children and adolescents with celiac disease.
- Influence of low FODMAP and gluten-free diets on disease activity and intestinal microbiota in patients with non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- The Dilemma of the Gluten-Free Diet.
4 April 2018
- Obesogenic habits among children and their families in response to initiation of gluten-free diet.
- 9 myths about celiac disease you need to stop believing.
- When Going Gluten-Free is Not Enough: New Tests Detect Hidden Exposure.
- 10 best gluten-free vodka brands.
28 March 2018
- Blood iron levels in accordance with adherence to a gluten-free diet in celiac school aged children.
- Extraintestinal manifestations were common in children with celiac disease and were more prevalent in patients with more severe clinical and histological presentation.
21 March 2018
- Translational Chemistry Meets Gluten‐Related Disorders. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Assessment of Mycotoxin Exposure in Breastfeeding Mothers with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- This Is What It’s Really Like to Have a Kid with Celiac Disease.
14 March 2018
- Determination of gluten consumption in celiac disease patients on a gluten-free diet.
- Fructans Suspect in Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
- How Cheese, Wheat and Alcohol Shaped Human Evolution.
7 March 2018
- Increased prevalence of disordered eating in the dual diagnosis of type 1 diabetes mellitus and celiac disease.
- Dietary Factors and Mucosal Immune Response in Celiac Disease Patients Having Persistent Symptoms Despite a Gluten-free Diet.
- Early fecal microbiota composition in children who later develop celiac disease and associated autoimmunity.
28 February 2018
- Safety of Oats in Children with Celiac Disease: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
- Dietary Patterns After the Weaning and Lactation Period Associate with Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Children.
- Gut microbiota trajectory in early life may predict development of celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Endoplasmic reticulum–resident protein 57 (ERp57) oxidatively inactivates human transglutaminase 2. See also Looking for an off switch for celiac disease, Researchers discover a new enzyme that treats celiac disease, and Researchers Discover Protein Activity That Could Treat Gluten Intolerance and Celiac Disease.
21 February 2018
- Outcome measures in coeliac disease trials: the Tampere recommendations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 10 Things I Wish My Doctor Had Told Me About Being on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- The Find Me Gluten Free app will help you find gluten free food near you.
14 February 2018
- Gluten-free diet may improve obstructive sleep apnea-related symptoms in children with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Gluten Project Is a Search Engine For Finding GFCO-Certified Gluten-Free Products.
7 February 2018
- Hypervigilance to a Gluten-Free Diet and Decreased Quality of Life in Teenagers and Adults with Celiac Disease.
- Creation of Experience-based Celiac Benchmarks - The First Step in Pre-Transition Self-Management Assessment.
- Histologic recovery among children with celiac disease on a gluten-free diet. A long-term follow-up single-center experience. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 'It's a diagnosis, not a choice': What is celiac disease?
- Gluten-free diet exclusively during pregnancy alleviates the signs of diabetes and celiac disease in NOD mouse offspring.
- Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Crossover Trial for the Diagnosis of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity in Children.
31 January 2018
- The Impact of Thyroid Autoimmunity on Thyroid Function in 12-year-old Children With Celiac Disease.
24 January 2018
- Celiac antibodies in children with type 1 diabetes - A diagnostic validation study.
- Rate and determinants of non-adherence to a gluten-free diet and nutritional status assessment in children and adolescents with celiac disease in a tertiary Brazilian referral center: a cross-sectional and retrospective study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Party City Apologizes For Ad That Calls Gluten-Free People â€˜Grossâ€™.
- Stop the Bullying: A Response to Party City's Commercial.
10 January 2018
- Long term effects of gluten-free diet in non-celiac wheat sensitivity.
- 7 Things I Love About Having Celiac Disease.
- Celiac in Paris.
3 January 2018
- Making All Medications Gluten-free.
- Adherence to the gluten free diet and health related quality of life in an ethnically diverse pediatric population with Celiac Disease.
Current Celiac News |
Last Updated: Wednesday May 23, 2018 11:46:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.