Daily Care News from 2011
28 December 2011
- Insulin Pump Therapy is Equally Effective and Safe in Elderly and Young Type 1 Diabetes Patients.
- Psychosocial family factors and glycemic control among children aged 1-15 years with type 1 diabetes: a population-based survey. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Determinants of quality of life in adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- The impact of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system inhibitors on Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic patients with and without early diabetic nephropathy.
- A pilot study on the effect of telmisartan & ramipril on 24 h blood pressure profile & dipping pattern in type 1 diabetes patients with nephropathy.
- Natural course of untreated microalbuminuria in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes and the importance of diabetes duration and immigrant status: longitudinal analysis from the prospective nationwide German and Austrian diabetes survey DPV.
21 December 2011
- Assessing fear of hypoglycemia in children with Type 1 diabetes and their parents.
- Socioeconomic factors, rather than diabetes mellitus per se, contribute to an excessive use of antidepressants among young adults with childhood onset type 1 diabetes mellitus: a register-based study.
14 December 2011
- Feasibility of prolonged continuous glucose monitoring in toddlers with type 1 diabetes.
- Accuracy of the Enlite 6-Day Glucose Sensor with Guardian and Veo Calibration Algorithms.
- The effect of rising vs. falling glucose level on amperometric glucose sensor lag and accuracy in Type 1 diabetes.
- Improved health status with insulin degludec compared with insulin glargine in people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Transitions in care: support group for young adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Relapsing insulin-induced lipoatrophy, cured by prolonged low-dose oral prednisone: a case report. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Cardiac function in 7-8-year-old offspring of women with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
7 December 2011
- The management of diabetic ketoacidosis in children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- High-Dose Aspirin Is Required to Influence Plasma Fibrin Network Structure in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin analogues and severe hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes.
- Health-Related Quality of Life and Treatment Satisfaction in the Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy for A1C Reduction 3 (STAR 3) Trial.
- Continuous glucose monitoring in children, adolescents, and adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus: analysis from the prospective DPV diabetes documentation and quality management system from Germany and Austria.
- Impact of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus on the Family is Reduced with the Medical Home, Care Coordination, and Family-Centered Care.
- High Prevalence of Hirsutism and Menstrual Disorders in Obese Adolescent Girls and Adolescent Girls with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus despite Different Hormonal Profiles.
- Short- and Long-Term Effects of Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
30 November 2011
- Smoking is associated with impaired long-term glucose metabolism in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- QTc Interval Prolongation Is Independently Associated with Severe Hypoglycemic Attacks in Type 1 Diabetes from the EURODIAB IDDM Complications Study.
23 November 2011
- Impact of insulin pumps on glycaemic control in a pump-naïve paediatric regional population.
- Beneficial effect of real-time continuous glucose monitoring system on glycemic control in type 1 diabetic patients: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials.
- Disordered eating behaviors in type 1 diabetic patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
16 November 2011
- Elements of metabolic control in children with type 1 diabetes before and after introduction to insulin analogues.
- Improved Metabolic Control in Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Hip Strength in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes is Associated With Age at Onset of Diabetes.
- Pathophysiology of postprandial hyperglycaemia in women with type 1 diabetes during pregnancy.
9 November 2011
- Long-acting insulin analogue detemir compared with NPH insulin in type 1 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Efficacy and safety comparison of continuous glucose monitoring and self-monitoring of blood glucose in type 1 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- The effect of short-term use of the Guardian RT continuous glucose monitoring system on fear of hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Availability of insulin pump therapy in clinical practice.
- Isomaltulose Improves Glycaemia and Maintains Run Performance in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Accuracy of diagnosis of depression in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Outcome of pregnancy in type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DMP): results from combined diabetes-obstetrical clinics in Dublin in three university teaching hospitals (1995-2006).
2 November 2011
- Continued Reduction in the Prevalence of Retinopathy in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: Role of insulin therapy and glycemic control.
- Accuracy of a portable glucose meter and of a Continuous Glucose Monitoring device used at home by patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Dental caries-associated risk factors and type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Purchase of antidepressant agents by patients with type 1 diabetes is associated with increased mortality rates in women but not in men.
19 October 2011
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Urged in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Short-term use of continuous glucose monitoring system adds to glycemic control in young type 1 diabetes mellitus patients in the long run: a clinical trial.
- Retinopathy screening in patients with Type 1 diabetes diagnosed in young age using a Nonmydriatic Digital Stereoscopic Retinal Imaging.
- Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating (DAFNE) in routine clinical practice: who benefits?
- Revisiting the efficacy of long-acting insulin analogues on adults with type 1 diabetes using mixed-treatment comparisons.
- Eating disorders and diabetic ketoacidosis in a pregnant woman with type 1 diabetes: A case report.
12 October 2011
- Health economic evaluations comparing insulin glargine with NPH insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes: a systematic review. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Poor numeracy skills are associated with glycaemic control in Type 1 diabetes.
- Using mobile phones to measure adolescent diabetes adherence.
- Smoking and other factors associated with short-term partial remission of Type 1 diabetes in adults.
5 October 2011
- Three-year comparison of subcutaneous insulin pump treatment with multi-daily injections on HbA1c, its variability and hospital burden of children with type 1 diabetes.
- EASD: Meta-Analysis Confirms Value of CGM in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Improving the Estimation of Mealtime Insulin Dose in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Changes in nutritional state, metabolic control and treatment of type 1 diabetes in the last 20 years. Free Spanish-language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Metformin in adolescents and adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus: not evidence-based.
- Evaluating the cost-effectiveness of reduced mild hypoglycaemia in subjects with Type 1 diabetes treated with Insulin detemir or NPH insulin in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and the Netherlands.
- Early markers of glycaemic control in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats (PDF link on full text page).
28 September 2011
- A prospective clinical pilot-trial comparing the effect of an optimized mixed diet versus a flexible low-glycemic index diet on nutrient intake and HbA(1c) levels in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Prevalence of Asthma and Its Association With Glycemic Control Among Youth With Diabetes.
- Caregiver reports of provider recommended frequency of blood glucose monitoring and actual testing frequency for youth with type 1 diabetes.
- Recent Advances in the Prevention of Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Pilot Study of Acute Stress Symptoms in Parents and Youth Following Diagnosis of Type I Diabetes.
- Evaluation of the incremental cost to the National Health Service of prescribing analogue insulin. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
21 September 2011
- Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy for A1C Reduction (STAR 3) Study: Results from the 6-month continuation phase.
- Cost-Effectiveness of Continuous Glucose Monitoring and Intensive Insulin Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Reducing Rates of Severe Hypoglycemia in a Population-Based Cohort of Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes Over the Decade 2000–2009.
- Patient experience of hypoglycaemia unawareness in Type 1 diabetes: are patients appropriately concerned?.
- Effect of sitagliptin on glucose control in adult patients with Type 1 diabetes: a pilot, double-blind, randomized, crossover trial.
- The potential of incretin-based therapies in type 1 diabetes.
- Metabolic regulation during constant moderate physical exertion in extreme conditions in Type 1 diabetes.
- Long-lasting immunogenicity and safety of a 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1) MF59-adjuvanted vaccine when co-administered with a 2009-2010 seasonal influenza vaccine in young patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Opioid Receptor Blockade Improves Hypoglycemia-Associated Autonomic Failure in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Complementary and alternative medicine in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- FDA Conducting Safety Review Of Anti-Nausea Drug Zofran.
15 September 2011
- Time trends in mortality in patients with type 1 diabetes: nationwide population based cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Diabetes Type 1 - Alcohol Related Deaths Rise Significantly.
- Depleted parental psychological resources as mediators of the association of income with adherence and metabolic control.
- Interventions for latent autoimmune diabetes (LADA) in adults.
- Implications of Nocturnal Hypertension in Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Aerobic training programs and glycemic control in diabetic children in relation to exercise frequency.
7 September 2011
- Treatment of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents using modern insulin pumps.
- Glargine basal-bolus insulin regimen versus insulin pump therapy: comparison of glycemic control.
- Influence of Physical Activity on Metabolic State Within a 3-h Interruption of Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Physical excercises on glycemic control in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Long-acting insulin analogue detemir compared with NPH insulin in type 1 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Hypoglycemia unawareness.
- Low triglyceride levels are associated with a better metabolic control in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Managing blood glucose during and after exercise in Type 1 diabetes: reproducibility of glucose response and a trial of a structured algorithm adjusting insulin and carbohydrate intake.
- Patient satisfaction and barriers to initiating real-time continuous glucose monitoring in early pregnancy in women with diabetes.
31 August 2011
- Comparison of human insulin and insulin analogues on hypoglycaemia and metabolic variability in type 1 diabetes using standardized measurements (HYPO score and Lability Index).
- Adherence to Guidelines for Youths With Diabetes Mellitus.
- Effects of miglitol in combination with intensive insulin therapy on blood glucose control with special reference to incretin responses in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Which factors predict glycemic control in children diagnosed with type 1 diabetes before 6.5 years of age?
- Perinatal and infant mortality in term and preterm births among women with type 1 diabetes.
- Progression to microalbuminuria in patients with type 1 diabetes: a seven-year prospective study.
- Willingness to Pay for Improvements in Chronic Long-Acting Insulin Therapy in Individuals With Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
24 August 2011
- Does Blood Glucose Monitoring Increase Prior to Clinic Visits in Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- The effectiveness of Internet-based blood glucose monitoring system on improving diabetes control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Behaviour and metabolic control in children with Type 1 diabetes mellitus on insulin pump therapy: 2-year follow-up.
- Metformin Helped My Type 1 Diabetes.
- Family Interaction in Pediatric Diabetes.
17 August 2011
- Neurocognitive Outcomes in Young Adults With Early Onset Type 1 Diabetes.
- Prevention of Hypoglycemia by Using Low Glucose Suspend Function in Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy.
- Parenting Behavior, Child Functioning, and Health Behaviors in Preadolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lipohypertrophy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes and the associated factors.
10 August 2011
- Changes in Altitude Cause Unintended Insulin Delivery From Insulin Pumps: Mechanisms and implications.
- Non-Inferiority of Insulin Glargine Versus Insulin Detemir on Blood Glucose Variability in Type 1 Diabetes Patients: A Multicenter, Randomized, Crossover Study.
- High serum ACE activity predicts severe hypoglycaemia over time in patients with type 1 diabetes.
3 August 2011
- Role of Parenting Style in Achieving Metabolic Control in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Ambulatory 24-hour fast using flexible insulin therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Expert opinion and clinical experience regarding patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus fasting on Yom Kippur.
27 July 2011
- The Effect of Glycemic Variability on Counterregulatory Hormone Responses to Hypoglycemia in Young Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
20 July 2011
- Lower cardiorespiratory fitness in children with Type 1 diabetes.
- Is There a Difference in Pregnancy and Glycemic Outcome in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes on Insulin Pump with Constant or Intermittent Glucose Monitoring? A Pilot Study.
- Glucose variability in diabetic pregnancy.
- Vitamin E supplementation may ameliorate oxidative stress in type 1 diabetes mellitus patients.
13 July 2011
- Insulin Pump Therapy Started at the Time of Diagnosis: Effects on Glycemic Control and Pancreatic beta-Cell Function in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effectiveness of sensor-augmented pump therapy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes in the STAR 3 study.
- Experiences of children/young people and their parents, using insulin pump therapy for the management of type 1 diabetes: qualitative review.
- Prediction of adolescents' glycemic control 1 year after diabetes-specific family conflict: the mediating role of blood glucose monitoring adherence.
- Factors associated with the presence of diabetic ketoacidosis at diagnosis of diabetes in children and young adults: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Capillary beta-hydroxybutyrate determination for monitoring diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Starting subcutaneous insulin doses in a paediatric population with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Prevalence of retinopathy in Finnish children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a cross-sectional population-based retrospective study.
- Internet use, needs, and expectations of web-based information and communication in childbearing women with type 1 diabetes.
29 June 2011
- The Low Glucose Suspend (LGS) Function in Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy Prevents Hypoglycaemia in Children.
- Feasibility of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Infants and Toddlers with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Satisfaction with continuous glucose monitoring in adults and youths with Type 1 diabetes.
- Benefits of Renin-Angiotensin Blockade on Retinopathy in Type 1 Diabetes Vary With Glycemic Control.
- Evaluation of a combined blood glucose monitoring and gaming system (Didget®) for motivation in children, adolescents, and young adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Improved Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Profile of Rapid-Acting Insulin Using Needle-Free Jet Injection Technology.
- Diversity in diabetes: the role of insulin aspart.
- Optimizing the Replacement of Basal Insulin in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: No Longer an Elusive Goal in the Post-NPH Era.
- Hypoglycemia rates with Basal insulin analogs.
- Glycaemic control and incidence of heart failure in 20,985 patients with type 1 diabetes: an observational study.
- Parents of Children Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes: Experiences With Social Support and Family Management.
- Onset of type 1 diabetes mellitus in two patients with maturity onset diabetes of the young.
21 June 2011
- Recognition, prevention, and proactive management of hypoglycemia in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Hypoglycemia in insulin-treated diabetes: a case for increased vigilance.
- Changes in nutritional state, metabolic control and treatment of type 1 diabetes in the last 20 years.
- Management of Exercise-Induced Glycemic Imbalances in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diet, physical, and biochemical characteristics of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: relationship between dietary fat and glucose control.
- Perceptions of treatment control moderate the daily association between negative affect and diabetes problems among adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Dynamics of blood electrolytes in repeated hyper- and/or hypoglycaemic events in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- The effect of cardiovascular risk factors on the longitudinal evolution of the carotid intima medial thickness in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- FDA Warns of Risks With Liraglutide.
15 June 2011
- Youth and Parent Knowledge and Communication About Major Complications of Type 1 Diabetes: Associations With Diabetes Outcomes.
- Body composition, metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
8 June 2011
- Liraglutide as Additional Treatment in Type 1 Diabetes. See also Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Victoza Helps Type 1, Too.
- Pediatric Parenting Stress and Its Relation to Depressive Symptoms and Fear of Hypoglycemia in Parents of Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Diabetic retinopathy in type 1 diabetes-a contemporary analysis of 8,784 patients.
- Quality of life in pregnancy and post-partum: a study in diabetic patients.
- Optimal Glycemic Control, Pre-Eclampsia, and Gestational Hypertension in Women With Type 1 Diabetes in the Diabetes and Pre-Eclampsia Intervention Trial.
- Within-subject biological variation of glucose and HbA(1c) in healthy persons and in type 1 diabetes patients.
- Effect of camel milk on glycemic control and insulin requirement in patients with type 1 diabetes: 2-years randomized controlled trial.
1 June 2011
- Diabetic Ketosis Caused by the Insulin Analog Aspart–Induced Anti-Insulin Antibody: Successful Treatment With the Newest Insulin Analog Glulisine.
- Lipid profile and nutritional intake in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes improve after a structured dietician training to a Mediterranean-style diet.
25 May 2011
- Four Weeks of Treatment With Liraglutide Reduces Insulin Dose Without Loss of Glycemic Control in Type 1 Diabetic Patients With and Without Residual beta-Cell Function.
- Preventing Exercise-Induced Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes Using Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring and a New Carbohydrate Intake Algorithm: An Observational Field Study.
- Insulin Detemir Reduces Weight Gain As a Result of Reduced Food Intake in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Developmental Trajectories of Metabolic Control among White, Black, and Hispanic Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Incretin-based therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Does poor early metabolic control predict subsequent poor control in young children with Type 1 diabetes: An exploratory study.
- Self-management of Type 1 Diabetes Across Adolescence.
- The concerns of school staff in caring for children with diabetes in primary school (in the UK, ed.).
- Acute hypoglycemia decreases central retinal function in the human eye.
- Insulin resistance and hypertension in patients with type 1 diabetes.
18 May 2011
- Depressive symptoms predict change in glycemic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: rates, magnitude, and moderators of change.
- Impact of videogame playing on glucose metabolism in children with type 1 diabetes.
- The Effect of Recurrent Severe Hypoglycemia on Cognitive Performance in Children With Type 1 Diabetes: A Meta-analysis.
- Disturbed subjective sleep characteristics in adult patients with long-standing type 1 diabetes mellitus.
11 May 2011
- A Bridge to Insulin Pump Therapy: Bid Regimen with NPH and Detemir Insulin During Initial Treatment of Youth with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D).
- Menarche delay and menstrual irregularities persist in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Young adults' management of Type 1 diabetes during life transitions.
- A fairy tale of modern insulin therapy in type 1 diabetes.
4 May 2011
- Accuracy Performance of the Medtronic NexSensorTM for 6 Days in an Inpatient Setting Using Abdomen and Buttocks Insertion Sites.
- Coping Skills Training for Parents of Children With Type 1 Diabetes: 12-Month Outcomes.
- The influence of an educational program on the HbA(1c)-level of adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a retrospective study.
- Age of onset of puberty and menarche in type 1 diabetic girls.
27 April 2011
- Fathers' Involvement in Preadolescents' Diabetes Adherence and Glycemic Control.
- Vitamin D Deficiency Is Associated With Retinopathy in Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Retinal function in relation to improved glycaemic control in type 1 diabetes.
- Plant stanol esters lower LDL cholesterol level in statin-treated subjects with type 1 diabetes by interfering the absorption and synthesis of cholesterol.
20 April 2011
- Impaired hypoglycaemia awareness and employment in people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Baseline Predictors of A1C Reduction in Adults Using Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy or Multiple Daily Injection Therapy: The STAR 3 Experience.
- One-year variability of HbA1c in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes - preliminary results.
- Persistence of Individual Variations in Glycated Hemoglobin.
- Serum Carotenoids and Fat-Soluble Vitamins in Women With Type 1 Diabetes and Preeclampsia: A longitudinal study.
13 April 2011
- Type 1 diabetes control and pregnancy outcomes in women treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) or with insulin glargine and multiple daily injections of rapid-acting insulin analogues (glargine-MDI).
- Extraordinary exposed in early motherhood- a qualitative study exploring experiences of mothers with type 1 diabetes.
- Poor adherence to integral daily tasks limits the efficacy of CSII in youth.
- An Innovative Telemedical Support System to Measure Physical Activity in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Predictors of diabetic ketoacidosis in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Experience from a large multicentre database.
- Bone density, body composition, and markers of bone remodeling in type 1 diabetic patients.
- Quality of life and glycemic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and the impact of an education intervention. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Acute juvenile cataract in newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic patients: a description of six cases.
- Sexual Function in Women with Type 1 Diabetes Matched with a Control Group: Depressive and Psychosocial Aspects.
6 April 2011
- Insulin Glulisine Compared to Insulin Aspart and to Insulin Lispro Administered by Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Lower HbA1c after 1 year, in children with type 1 diabetes treated with insulin glargine vs. NPH insulin from diagnosis: a retrospective study.
- Associations Between Socioeconomic Status and Major Complications in Type 1 Diabetes: The Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complication (EDC) Study.
- Association of socioeconomic status with mortality in type 1 diabetes: the pittsburgh epidemiology of diabetes complications study.
- Effective treatment of hypoglycemia in children with type 1 diabetes: a randomized controlled clinical trial.
- Prescribed regimen intensity in diverse youth with type 1 diabetes: role of family and provider perceptions.
- The ALBA Project: an evaluation of needs, management, fears of Italian young patients with type 1 diabetes in a school setting and an evaluation of parents' and teachers' perceptions.
- Sitagliptin is effective and safe as add-on to insulin in patients with absolute insulin deficiency: three case reports.
- Prevalence and Correlates of Dietary Supplement Use in Individuals With Diabetes Mellitus at an Academic Diabetes Care Clinic.
30 March 2011
- Antidiabetic Actions of Endogenous and Exogenous GLP-1 in Type 1 Diabetic Patients With and Without Residual beta-Cell Function.
- Prevalence of intentional under- and overdosing of insulin in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Treatment with insulin detemir or NPH insulin in children aged 2-5 yr with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Mobile phone support is associated with reduced ketoacidosis in young adults.
- Attained education and self-assessed health later in life when diagnosed with diabetes in childhood: a population-based study.
- Association of DASH Diet With Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Youth With Diabetes Mellitus: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.
- Parathormone - 25(OH)-vitamin D axis and bone status in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Cognitive function in adult offspring of women with Type 1 diabetes.
- Effect of Intensive Glycemic Therapy on Erectile Function in Men With Type 1 Diabetes.
23 March 2011
- Prevalence of Nocturnal Hypoglycemia in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Study Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
- Basal Insulin Requirement Is ~30% of the Total Daily Insulin Dose in Type 1 Diabetic Patients, Who Use the Insulin Pump.
- Chat Line for Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: A Useful Tool to Improve Coping with Diabetes: A 2-Year Follow-Up Study.
- Parental burnout in relation to sociodemographic, psychosocial and personality factors as well as disease duration and glycaemic control in children with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Birth Size Distribution in 3,705 Infants Born to Mothers With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Long-term Renal Outcomes of Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Microalbuminuria: An Analysis of the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications Cohort.
- Preliminary Application of a New Bolus Insulin Model for Type 1 Diabetes.
- One-Third of Patients Have Evidence for an Additional Autoimmune Disease at Type 1 Diabetes Diagnosis.
16 March 2011
- Continuous moderate-intensity exercise with or without intermittent high-intensity work: effects on acute and late glycaemia in athletes with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Gender differences in the relationship between parental report of self-regulation skills and adolescents' management of type 1 diabetes.
- Blood glucose monitoring and glycemic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: meter downloads versus self-report.
- Prediction of postprandial glycemia and insulinemia in lean, young, healthy adults: glycemic load compared with carbohydrate content alone. See also Study challenges "carb counting" in diabetes.
- Effect of mobile phone intervention for diabetes on glycaemic control: a meta-analysis.
- Glycaemic control is positively associated with prevalent fractures but not with bone mineral density in patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- Cognitive function in 6- to 12-year-old offspring of women with Type 1 diabetes.
9 March 2011
- Internet-based contingency management to improve adherence with blood glucose testing recommendations for teens with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Uncoupling Intensive Insulin Therapy from Weight Gain and Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Rapid Pharmacokinetics of Intradermal Insulin Administered Using Microneedles in Type 1 Diabetes Subjects.
- Microneedle-Based Intradermal Versus Subcutaneous Administration of Regular Human Insulin or Insulin Lispro: Pharmacokinetics and Postprandial Glycemic Excursions in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lowering Postprandial Glycemia in Children with Type 1 Diabetes After Italian Pizza "Margherita" (TyBoDi2 Study). Compare result with Optimal insulin pump dosing and postprandial glycemia following a pizza meal using the continuous glucose monitoring system
- A Novel Insulin Unit Calculator for the Management of Type 1 Diabetes.
- The relation of age to the severity of Type I diabetes in children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effects of Carbohydrate Counting on Glucose Control and Quality of Life Over 24 Weeks in Adult Patients With Type 1 Diabetes on Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion.
- A psychological support program for individuals with Type 1 diabetes.
2 March 2011
- Automated Overnight Closed-Loop Glucose Control in Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Risk for ESRD in Type 1 Diabetes Remains High Despite Renoprotection.
23 February 2011
- Effect of continuous glucose monitoring on hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes.
- Easily Missed? Type 1 diabetes in children.
- Perceptions of parenting children with type 1 diabetes diagnosed in early childhood.
- Sugars and fat have different effects on postprandial glucose responses in normal and type 1 diabetic subjects.
- Endurance Athletes and Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effects of a home-based aerobic exercise programme in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- A1C Variability as an Independent Risk Factor for Microalbuminuria in Young People With Type 1 Diabetes.
16 February 2011
- How continuous monitoring changes the interaction of patients with a mobile telemedicine system.
- FreeStyle Navigator Continuous Glucose Monitoring System with TRUstart Algorithm, a 1-Hour Warm-Up Time.
- Frequency of symptomatic and asymptomatic hypoglycaemia in Type 1 diabetes: effect of impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia.
- Retinal microaneurysm count predicts progression and regression of diabetic retinopathy. Post-hoc results from the DIRECT Programme.
- Deprivation impedes success of insulin intensification in children and adolescents with Type 1 diabetes; longitudinal linear mixed modelling of a retrospective observational cohort.
- Characterizing sudden death and dead-in-bed syndrome in Type 1 diabetes: analysis from two childhood-onset Type 1 diabetes registries.
- The Association Between Dietary Sodium Intake, ESRD, and All-Cause Mortality In Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Point-of-Care Testing for Diabetic Ketoacidosis at Emergency-Department Triage; beta-hydroxybutyrate versus the urine dipstick.
9 February 2011
- Key elements for successful intensive insulin pump therapy in individuals with type 1 diabetes shows the benefit of using the insulin pump bolus calculation function.
- An algorithm guiding patient responses to real-time-continuous glucose monitoring improves quality of life.
- Use of integrated real-time continuous glucose monitoring/insulin pump system in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a 3-year follow-up study.
- Sensor-augmented pump therapy lowers HbA(1c) in suboptimally controlled Type 1 diabetes; a randomized controlled trial.
- Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose: The Use of the First or the Second Drop of Blood.
- Comparable Efficacy and Safety of Insulin Glulisine and Insulin Lispro When Given as Part of a Basal-Bolus Insulin Regimen in a 26-Week Trial in Pediatric Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Social but safe? Quality and safety of diabetes-related online social networks.
- Adolescent self-efficacy and resilience in participants attending a diabetes camp.
- Parent mentor perspectives on providing social support to empower parents.
- Declining prevalence of proliferative retinopathy in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Fear of hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes managed by continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion: is it associated with poor glycemic control?
- Clinical presentation and autoimmune characteristics of very young children at the onset of type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- The outcome of brittle type 1 diabetes--a 20 year study.
2 February 2011
- Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Subjects With Type 1 Diabetes on Multiple Daily Injections Versus Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Therapy.
- Insufficient Sleep in Young Patients With Diabetes and Their Families.
- Frequency and Influencing Factors of Ketoacidosis at Diabetes Onset in Children and Adolescents - a Long-Term Study Between 1995 and 2009.
- Glucose Monitoring After Fruit Peeling: Pseudohyperglycemia When Neglecting Hand Washing Before Fingertip Blood Sampling; Wash your hands with tap water before you check blood glucose level.
- The utility of hemoglobin A1c at diagnosis for prediction of future glycemic control in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Increased Insulin Requirements During Exercise at Very High Altitude in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Celiac Disease and Autoimmune Thyroid Disease in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Clinical and HLA-Genotyping Results.
- Growth of children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Insulin Degludec in Type 1 Diabetes; A randomized controlled trial of a new-generation ultra-long-acting insulin compared with insulin glargine.
26 January 2011
- Association between glycemic control and short-term healthcare costs among commercially insured diabetes patients in the United States.
- Hemoglobin A1c and Mean Glucose in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- How and why do patients with Type 1 diabetes sustain their use of flexible intensive insulin therapy? A qualitative longitudinal investigation of patients' self-management practices following attendance at a Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating (DAFNE) course.
- Sugar-sweetened and diet beverage consumption is associated with cardiovascular risk factor profile in youth with type 1 diabetes.
19 January 2011
- Effects of meals with different glycaemic index on postprandial blood glucose response in patients with Type 1 diabetes treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion.
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of different modes of insulin pump delivery. A randomized, controlled study comparing subcutaneous and intravenous administration of insulin aspart.
- Impact of pre-exercise rapid-acting insulin reductions on ketogenesis following running in Type 1 diabetes.
- Exercise training improves physical fitness and vascular function in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Web-Based Depression Treatment for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetic Patients.
- Does renin-angiotensin system blockade have a role in preventing diabetic retinopathy? A clinical review.
- Declining prevalence of proliferative retinopathy in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- QT Measurement and Heart Rate Correction during Hypoglycemia: Is There a Bias? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Birth weight in type 1 diabetic pregnancy. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Exposure to candesartan during the first trimester of pregnancy in type 1 diabetes: experience from the placebo-controlled diabetic retinopathy candesartan trials.
12 January 2011
- Maternal communication style, problem-solving and dietary adherence in young children with type 1 diabetes.
- Insulin dose changes in children attending a residential diabetes camp.
- The effect of oral leucine on protein metabolism in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- New technologies in pediatric diabetes care.
- Nurse-led cardiovascular risk factor intervention leads to improvements in cardiovascular risk targets and glycaemic control in people with Type 1 diabetes when compared with routine diabetes clinic attendance.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:57
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.