Legislative and Legal News from 2006
24 December 2006
- American Diabetes Association Urges New Congress to Address Inadequate Research and Prevention Funding in 2007.
- Diabetic leaving minutes early for break could be on intermittent leave.
10 December 2006
- School District releases revised diabetes manual.
12 November 2006
- Qantas apologises over insulin incident.
22 October 2006
- Your Job Or Your Life.
- FTC and FDA Act Against Internet Vendors of Fraudulent Diabetes Cures and Treatments. See also List of Firms Receiving Warning Letters for Marketing Unproven Dietary Supplements for Diabetes with Illegal Drug Claims, and Warning about fake diabetes cures.
1 October 2006
- Improving Care for People With Diabetes by Senator Susan Collins.
- Too few nurses for students.
24 September 2006
- Reduced care may harm pupils at risk.
- Schools pondering 'what if' scenarios with lack of nurses.
17 September 2006
- For Insurance, Adult Children Ride Piggyback highlights the challenge many young people with diabetes face -- getting health insurance.
10 September 2006
- Lehigh school neglected diabetic child; Mother filed complaint after second-grader given improper insulin doses.
- Madison boy will testify about bill requiring diabetic care in schools.
20 August 2006
- AB1667 has passed the California Legislature. If not vetoed by the Governor, this bill will limit the provision of specialized health care services in California schools. For more information, see DREDF opposes AB 1667 -- a California bill that will harm children who require specialized physical health care services at school.
9 July 2006
- Action plan set to help diabetics reports on efforts underway in Scotland to improve diabetes care.
25 June 2006
- Bill would allow kids to give diabetes shots. See also A bill allows diabetic children to take insulin shots.
21 May 2006
- Brothers returned to parents.
- Don't use kids as pawns in turf war.
- Return diabetic boy, brother to their parents, doctor says.
14 May 2006
- Diabetes education component removed from Cover Tennessee.
- Taken, as if they're not yours; Quebec parents of a diabetic son who refused to send him to an 'unsafe' school lose him to the state. See also Home schooling dispute leads to foster care.
- Woman in a diabetic coma 'was thrown off bus'.
30 April 2006
- Legislation will allow students sharps access. See also Law shows common sense that's been lost on educators.
23 April 2006
- Modified school diabetes bill should be passed in Legislature. You can also view the text of the bill.
9 April 2006
- Massachusetts Sets Health Plan for Nearly All. See also Health Care Access and Affordability Conference Committee Report.
2 April 2006
- Diabetes driving rules reassessed.
- Bill allowing students to administer medicine has some unhappy.
- Nurse gives dose of reality in diabetic debate.
- Bills Would Allow Students To Self-Medicate For Asthma, Diabetes. See also Nebraska LB 1107 - Committee Statement.
- FMCSA reconsidering diabetes standard. For details, see Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, 49 CFR Part 391, [Docket No. FMCSA–2005–23151] RIN 2126–AA95, Qualifications of Drivers; Diabetes Standard.
26 March 2006
- Take Action - S.1955 Threatens Diabetes Coverage Laws.
- Grandfather's bill would help diabetic students.
- Parents of diabetic, 7, win a victory; Wellesley camp operator won't bar such children.
19 March 2006
- Health group pulls obesity ads over diabetes dustup. See also Childhood obesity ads revised after uproar by diabetic kids' parents; Panel's spots didn't distinguish between types of the disease and No more 'buy me some diabetes' ads.
- Schneider: Former school secretary says parents need to do more.
12 March 2006
- Senate approves bill that allows unlicensed school personnel to treat diabetes. For additional information, see Indiana Senate Bill 0336.
- Bill aids kids with diabetes.
5 March 2006
- Workers with diabetes lose jobs.
26 February 2006
- Diabetic's family sues the county.
12 February 2006
- Bill Would Keep Diabetic Kids Safe At School.
- Family Sues When After-School Care Refuses To Give Boy Diabetes Shots.
29 January 2006
- Mother of diabetic sues Metro Schools.
8 January 2006
- Legislators skeptical of health insurance bills.
1 January 2006
- Many Laws To Go Into Effect In 2006. See also Yee's Foster Care Bill Signed into Law; Governor Signs Life-Saving Legislation for Foster Care Children with Diabetes
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.