Legislative and Legal News from 2008
31 December 2008
- Nurses' argument on insulin is balderdash.
17 December 2008
- Your Turn: Training for insulin injections at schools an idea whose time has come.
3 December 2008
- Young diabetics at heart of school nurse dispute. See also California School Nurses Org. Applauds Court Ruling - Agreement Allowing Non-Medical Personnel To Administer Diabetes Insulin Injections Overturned.
19 November 2008
- Judge rejects pact on injecting diabetic kids. See also California judge rules only nurses can give insulin to kids, The American Nurses Association, ANA/California, And The California School Nurses Organization Win Case Enforcing The California Nursing Practice Act In Administering Insulin To Students With Diabetes In California's K-12 Public Schools (PDF).
- Diabetes advocates push lawmakers for insurance reform.
29 October 2008
- Keep diabetic kids safe at school.
15 October 2008
- Cut to nursing funds pulls kindergartener out of school.
21 September 2008
- If you value having access to the full text of research paid for by your tax dollars, Tell Congress you oppose the Fair Copyright in Research Works Act.
- Diabetes Discrimination: A New Headache for Employers.
20 September 2008
- Californians can learn about their state's new sharps disposal law.
- Senate Passes the ADA Amendments Act.
24 August 2008
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) Applauds Rhode Island Legislature for Making Schools Safer for Children with Diabetes; Bill signed into law to allow school staff to administer glucagon (PDF). See also the bill (PDF).
13 July 2008
- Long Island, New York School Agrees To Admit Students With Diabetes.
22 June 2008
- Diabetic bodybuilder sues Redwood City, police.
15 June 2008
- Nixon lawsuit against St. Elizabeth dog trainer alleges that diabetic alert service dogs were not properly trained. See also State of Missouri, ex rel. vs. Heaven Scent Paws, Inc..
4 May 2008
- New law gives diabetic students control; Monitoring blood-sugar levels won't require trip to nurse's office.
20 April 2008
- Students' health issues brought to board.
30 March 2008
- YMCA, Austin family spar over care of boy with diabetes; Matter may go to court, though mother prefers to compromise. See also the comments from readers.
- Diabetes bill would aid patients, employers, taxpayers.
23 March 2008
- Health Care Exclusions Targeted.
16 March 2008
- Diabetes Advocates Urge Members of Congress to Support Creation of National Diabetes Coordinator. See also the National Changing Diabetes® Program and the Federal Spending Report - A Study of Federal Spending on Diabetes in America.
2 March 2008
- The American Diabetes Association encourages families in California to support State Senate Bill 1487, which will allow non-medical school personnel to volunteer to be trained to administer insulin to students with diabetes when a school nurse is not present.
17 February 2008
- Can an employer require a diabetic employee to take a medical examination?
10 February 2008
- South Dakota House passes waiver for bus drivers with diabetes.
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.