Legislative and Legal News from 2009
23 December 2009
- Hottinger shows disregard for people he is supposed to serve.
16 December 2009
- Hudson Valley Hospital Center settles nurse's discrimination suit.
9 December 2009
- Insurance coverage for diabetes, autism approved in House votes.
- Matter of life, death.
- Board of education closes Scott/Gray case, diabetes advocates clash with teachers' union.
28 October 2009
- Fort Wayne Indiana Daycare to pay $20,000 in discrimination settlement.
21 October 2009
- Melissa Roosevelt Pflum: Universal coverage a moral must.
7 October 2009
- Turner Bill To Enhance Diabetes Care For Students In Public Schools Signed Into Law. See also School Rules On Diabetes Eased and School Diabetes Bill.
23 September 2009
- Diabetic students await fate of new legislation.
19 August 2009
- American Nurses Association And NASN Speak Out Against Permitting Unlicensed School Employees To Administer Insulin To California Schoolchildren. See also official press release in PDF format.
29 July 2009
- Wis. father on trial in girl's faith-healing death.
17 June 2009
- A judgment against health-related bias.
3 June 2009
- AACE and ACE applaud Supreme Court Judge Nominee Sonia Sotomayor for Successfully Meeting the Challenges of Type 1 Diabetes.
27 May 2009
- The President's Nominee: Judge Sonia Sotomayor. See also The American Diabetes Association Applauds President Obama's Nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, JDRF Statement on Nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to U.S. Supreme Court , Her Diabetes: Will It Be a Handicap?, Sotomayor's Type 1 Diabetes Is 'Non-Issue,' Say Docs, and Sotomayor and Diabetes Get All Media'd Out.
- D.C. Federal Court Rules People with Diabetes Cannot be Denied Employment Based on Disease Management.
6 May 2009
- Bronx judge Sonia Sotomayor would be first Latina on Supreme Court if she replaces Justice Souter. Judge Sotomayor was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as a child.
15 April 2009
- Ounces of Prevention — The Public Policy Case for Taxes on Sugared Beverages. Also available in PDF format.
11 March 2009
- President Barack Obama signs Executive Order Removing Barriers To Responsible Scientific Research Involving Human Stem Cells.
- DRI Hails Decision To Lift Federal Stem Cell Restrictions.
- Statement from the American Diabetes Association on President Obama's Executive Order Regarding Stem Cell Research.
- Obama's Executive Order Lifts Ban on Stem Cell Research Funding.
4 March 2009
- Health insurance too important to forgo.
25 February 2009
- Pennsylvanians May Donate Part of Tax Refund to Support Juvenile Diabetes Research.
18 February 2009
- Not ideal, but staff can help. See also Only nurses have right training.
- Diabetic man wins Americans With Disabilities Act ruling.
- NDP's Adrian Dix praises parents who led fight for insulin pumps for kids with Type 1 diabetes.
- Special needles: The long-term health of diabetic children is being put at risk by schools that do not offer support.
11 February 2009
- When Parents Call God Instead of the Doctor.
28 January 2009
- State May Cut Funds for School Nurses.
21 January 2009
- Trials for Parents Who Chose Faith Over Medicine.
- SFUSD weighing policy for insulin injections.
14 January 2009
- Only nurses entrusted with needles at schools.
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.