Legislative and Legal News from 2013
25 December 2013
- The United States’ Investigation Under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act with respect to Public School Children with Diabetes in Alabama.
- Feds investigating Wake schools for denying student’s medical transfer.
11 December 2013
- Justices Reject Appeal Over Hot Lunch for Student With Diabetes.
- Irving jail staff knew diabetic inmate had no insulin before death.
20 November 2013
- Complaint: Broward denies Pre-K to diabetics. See also Children with diabetes shut out of Florida prekindergarten programs.
- Family fighting for medical help at diabetic son's elementary school.
23 October 2013
- Anger as diabetic children miss out on insulin pumps in Wales.
- Diabetes UK welcomes "major step" from Government to improve support for school children with health needs.
- Diabetes foundation canceled fundraising ride because of shutdown.
9 October 2013
- Mom of diabetic Clark student calls school nurse shortage dangerous.
2 October 2013
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators has information about The Affordable Care Act and Individuals with Diabetes.
- Cutting costs now means stacking up problems for years to come.
25 September 2013
- FDA issues final guidance on mobile medical apps.
- The American Diabetes Association has new resources and information for California families to enhance their understanding of the recent California Supreme Court decision and its impact.
- Limits on diabetes test strip opposed in Canada.
28 August 2013
- Doctor Must Answer for Diabetic's Death in Jail .
21 August 2013
- Law aims to protect NJ diabetics from accidental drunken driving charges.
14 August 2013
- California Supreme Court Ruling Protects the Safety and Health of California Students with Diabetes. For more on this very important ruling, see
- Ruling lets school staff give insulin to students
- Contra Costa Times editorial: California Supreme Court insulin ruling places student needs ahead of union self-interest
- California Court Knocks Down School Nurse Lock-In on Insulin Shots
- California Supreme Court: Unlicensed school personnel may administer insulin shots
- California schools and diabetes: State high court allows school employees to give insulin shots
- The decision is online at American Nurses Association, et al, vs. Tom Torlakson, as Superintendent, etc., et al.
31 July 2013
- Statement by the American Diabetes Association on the Need for Food and Drug Administration's Regulation of Blood Glucose Test Strips.
24 July 2013
- FDA sssues Warning Letter to Prodigy Diabetes Care regarding serious problems with its blood glucose test strips.
29 May 2013
- California Supreme Court to Hear Oral Arguments in Case Seeking to Ensure Access to Insulin for California Students with Diabetes. See also Nurses take on schools over insulin shots and School Nurses Case to Supreme Court.
24 April 2013
- American Diabetes Association Applauds the Passage of Arizona House Bill 2042.
13 February 2013
- Parents Face Diabetes Discrimination In Schools, Daycares.
30 January 2013
- Duval County School Board approves change to diabetic student policy.
- N.J. State Police superintendent must answer questions in diabetes lawsuit.
2 January 2013
- Congress Commits to Renew Key Diabetes Research Program.
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday January 12, 2016 15:22:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.