Diabetes News in the Popular Press from 1999
- Newspaper reports on youth with Type 2 diabetes. (21 November 1999)
- AccentHealth, a new health web site, is donating $100,000 to health-related charities, divided based on votes from visitors to the web site. Be sure to vote for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. (10 October 1999)
- Listen to a discussion about diabetes by Deb Butterfield, founder of the Insulin-Free World Foundation and author of Showdown with Diabetes, Dr. David Harlan, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), and Dr. Alan Kirk, section chief of transplantation for NIDDK/NIH and the Navy. From The Diane Rehm Show on National Public Radio. (Real Player Required) (12 September 1999)
- Nicole Johnson Talks Frankly About How Having Diabetes Has Influenced Her Year As Miss America. (18 July 1999)
- PBS Healthweek featured stories about people with diabetes during the last week of June 1999. (4 July 1999)
- Miss America to join Bob Scheidt on the final miles of his Walk Across America to raise money and awareness for diabetes. (30 May 1999)
- Last week, ABC News ran a story about the GlucoWatch and the Pump Girls. (30 May 1999)
- James Quander lives with Type 1 diabetes for 75 years. (18 April 1999)
- Olympic gold and silver medalist Gary Hall Jr. has been diagnosed with diabetes. (4 April 1999)
- The Pump Girls is a new rock band consisting of four girls aged 12-15. Each girls has Type 1 diabetes and wears an insulin pump. (7 March 1999)
- An old "urban legend" about aspartame (the sweetener in NutraSweet and Equal) is once again circulating on the Internet. Learn the truth at Aspartame Warning - Urband Legends and Folklore by The Mining Company and Correcting Internet Myths About NutraSweet by the NutraSweet company. (24 January 1999)
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:59
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.