Diabetes News in the Popular Press from 2007
30 December 2007
- Now he can sleep late -- Medical gift ensures a better life for Clarenville boy.
- Holiday Hazards for Diabetics -- How Those With Diabetes Can Avoid Unhealthy Holiday Season Temptations.
- Diabetes Group Backs Low-Carb Diets.
- How to make life easier for diabetes sufferers.
23 December 2007
- International Initiative To Study Viruses Implicated In Type I Diabetes Launched In London.
- Diabetes Nannies to the Rescue.
- Young diabetics bearing the brunt of public ignorance.
- Woman gets conditional sentence after daughter dies from diabetes.
- Man called 911 for seizure, was hit by stun gun, files suit.
16 December 2007
- Pig islets ready to Rocky and roll.
- Space-tech could make life easier for diabetics.
- O'Brien's on the moo-ve.
- Superkid manages life with Type 1 diabetes.
- Your Insulin Pump Proposals: What You Want the Manufacturers to Change.
9 December 2007
- NFL Legend John Madden Speaks Up for Diabetes Research.
- Exclusive Interview: Elliott Yamin, former 'American Idol'.
- Youngster not Slowed by Diabetes.
- Health campaigners say insulin pumps will save NHS money.
- 50,000 People Denied Insulin Pumps In The UK.
- Someone you know - maybe you - has diabetes.
- Diabetic girl at risk through lack of funding.
- Police point to diabetes as probable cause of death for Algoma CEO's daughter.
2 December 2007
- Lewis & Clark Student Helps Create First U.N. World Diabetes Day.
- Traveling with diabetes is a video at CNN.com.
- Walk Against Diabetes In Abu Dhabi.
- Skin Patch May Replace Traditional Injections.
- Residents say new diabetes monitor is life-changing.
25 November 2007
- Diabetes patients come to aid of Bangladesh.
- Diabetes and children - no holiday for these young people.
- To Your Health: Type One Diabetes.
- To The Extreme.
- Think Pig is from an article published in the New Zealand Listener.
- Diabetes becoming big problem in cats.
18 November 2007
- Runners group honors former Conley athlete.
- Diabetes is no obstacle to a long, healthy life.
- Dress hides girl's insulin pump — with style.
- Insulin pump is lifeline to normality.
- Mom Creates Web Site To Monitor Child's. See also MyCareConnect to learn about the web site.
- Kids with diabetes get support.
- Aim: Bring end to Type 1 diabetes; A USF researcher gets $189-million in grants to try to find the causes of the disease. See also the TEDDY Study Web Site.
- Diabetes sufferers urge more care, access.
- Insulin Pills Studied as Possible Way to Prevent or Delay Juvenile Diabetes.
- More Black Children Dying From Diabetes. See also More black children die from diabetes.
- PM pledges diabetes equipment spend.
11 November 2007
- A long life repays debt for diabetes sufferer.
- Insulin pump is a lifesaver.
- Man's best friend helps Moreau in struggle against disease.
- Diabulimia, from Self Magazine, explores the very dangerous practice of skipping insulin to lose weight. See also The diet that's too good to be true.
- For some youths, managing diabetes is part of daily life.
- My iPod, My Cell, My Insulin Pump.
- Living with diabetes.
- 10 ways to be a smart diabetic.
- Syringes on display delivers message of diabetes.
- Pump pocket.
- Diabetes film debuts at Carnegie Science Center.
4 November 2007
- Transplant key to success in diabetes cure.
- Omega-3 Lowers Risk of Type 1 Diabetes by 55 Percent in High Risk Group.
- Type 1: The OTHER Diabetes.
- Son's diagnosis 'knocked the life out of me'.
- Diabetes changes chef's perspective on food, health and life.
- You Can't Be Afraid To Try.
- American Idol's Elliott Yamin reflects on his diabetes... his music... and his true love.
- Sister-in-law's gift of love saves life of Sylacauga woman.
- Israel's SteadyMed pumps it up more - for less.
- Devil in drug plan details.
28 October 2007
- Activists Fight to Rewrite Disabilities Act.
- Life with diabetes: Outliving the prognosis.
- Leading by example.
- Stevenson legit contenders for Cup.
- McGee Remembered For Helping Juvenile Diabetes.
- Group supports students with diabetes.
- Treating Diabetes and Understanding Cultures.
- Device to keep kids with diabetes safe.
- Sensors Latest Way To Monitor Blood Sugar.
21 October 2007
- Diabetic dilemma: With Type 1 diabetes rising, lawmakers push for a nurse at every school.
- Moderation key for diabetic children on Halloween.
- In Diabetes, a Complex of Causes.
- CU makes breakthrough in type 1 diabetes.
- Charted new course; Researcher gave patients new responsibilities in their diabetes treatment.
- A normal kid with type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes not slowing down precocious 3-year-old.
- Elliott Yamin Named Global Ambassador Of The Inspired By Diabetes Creative Expression Competition.
- Is Alzheimer's a Form of Diabetes?
- FDA Says Diabetes Drug May Cause Pancreatitis.
- Privacy concerns cast pall over Microsoft's medical site debut.
14 October 2007
- Omega-3 halves kids' type I diabetes risk.
- 24-hour monitoring: New, internal devices track diabetes around the clock.
- Nation's healthcare crisis gets personal.
- Medical costs put families on edge.
- Special needs complicate schooling.
- Search of a lifetime.
- Living with Diabetes.
- Elementary student is at head of diabetes cure march team.
- Neighbor Spotlight: Pam Henry.
- Insulin pump support group.
- B.C. families still forking out for insulin pumps.
7 October 2007
- After All These Years: Al Lewis, Age 73, Living with Type 1 Diabetes for 69 Years.
- How I Coped With My Little Brother's Diabetes: Three Things That Made All the Difference.
- Glucose Sensor Helps Manage Diabetes.
- "The Silent Diabetes".
- Woman becomes University Hospital's 100th islet-cell transplant recipient.
- Expert urges multi-drug therapy for diabetic patients.
30 September 2007
- A child's diabetes brought trials and a bit of wisdom.
- Healthwatch: Juvenile Diabetes On The Rise.
- Sweet news: Continuous blood glucose monitor latest device to help manage diabetes.
- Teenager a ‘strong' ambassador.
- DexCom Tackles Continuous Monitoring Market for Diabetes.
- Program trains dogs to alert diabetics to low blood sugar.
23 September 2007
- Diabetes act gets schools involved.
- Living With Diabetes Demands an Extra Dose of Laughter.
- Diabetes patient rides on.
- Team Sudbury hopes to raise 95K in annual Walk to Cure Diabetes.
- Desert center provides support for kids with diabetes.
- 10-year-old coping with diabetes while pushing for cure.
- Diabetics swap finger pricks for new sensors.
- Designing for Diabetics. Be sure to view the accompanying slide show.
- New Technologies Bring New Hope To Diabetes Market.
- Quick-burning Carbs May Cause Fatty Liver: Low-glycemic Diet Protected Mice.
16 September 2007
- Mutations In The Insulin Gene Can Cause Neonatal Diabetes.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Israel's Nutrinia brings the magic of mother's milk to baby formula.
- Preventing Type I Diabetes.
- The Cultural War on Diabetes. See also Kaiser Health Disparities Report: A Weekly Look At Race, Ethnicity And Health.
9 September 2007
- Chesco Mom Says Private School Kicked Out Her Diabetic Son. This highlights the problem of for-profit schools.
- Mothers of diabetic children in Corona start day care petition online.
- Schools to boost diabetes care.
- Great Kids: Sheboygan Falls sisters become local face of Juvenile Diabetes.
- The 'diabetic rock star'. See also DiabeticRockstar.com.
- Living with diabetes.
2 September 2007
- Family First: Children & Diabetes includes a video about a camp in New York.
- Low Carbohydrate Diets: Why You Don't Want the "Experts" to Tell You What to Eat.
- A formidable team is set to tackle type 1 diabetes.
- Rare pigs key to diabetes treatment.
19 August 2007
- Nothing's standing in their way.
- St. Joseph searches for diabetes triggers.
- Promise of a normal life for diabetics.
12 August 2007
- Noah Moore Juggles Life With Diabetes.
- Diabetes problems 'vitamin link'.
- Camp offers haven for children learning to live with diabetes.
- Verplank has faced tougher competition - diabetes. See also Diabetes has nothing on Verplank, and Verplank battles diabetes at 43, is inspiring with a 66.
- Sallisaw family battles diabetes.
- Big Flats girl, 9, helps lobby for diabetes research.
- Rochester Hills preteen on a busy crusade against diabetes.
- Publisher Moved His Field Miles Ahead.
5 August 2007
- A Good Night's Sleep With Diabetes.
- Lemonade Stand Raises $3,900 To Get Service Dog For Brother.
- Jake's progress.
- Little Girl Serves As Role Model For Other Children.
- Insulin Grown In Plants Relieves Diabetes In Mice: Holds Promise For Humans.
29 July 2007
- Young Type 1 Diabetics Benefit From Exercise. Article references Impact of Physical Activity on Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Children With Type 1 Diabetes: A multicenter study of 23,251 patients (Diabetes Care 30:2098-2100, 2007), for which only an extract is freely available.
- Diabetic finishes 'wicked' 19-hour Maritimes swim. See also Swimmer completes round trip of Strait.
- Diabetic and Determined.
- Dedicated volunteer helps those affected by diabetes.
- Fundraiser to help pay for teen's insulin pump.
- Boy, 14, in coma at Potter movie.
- GP pays damages to partner of musician who died from diabetes. See also GP pays out after diabetes death.
- Jake's progress.
- Race for Life: Triathlon Camp for Diabetics.
- Diabetes diagnosis doesn't bench local ringette star.
- Diabetes make concessions to fashion.
- Local firm gets $500,000 grant for human trials of diabetes drug.
- Swedes make diabetes discovery. See also Hope for diabetics after cell transplant.
22 July 2007
- After All These Years: Gerald Cleveland, Age 91, Has Had Type 1 Diabetes for 75 Years.
- Laughter and learning at diabetes camp for kids.
8 July 2007
- Golfer Verplank an inspiration to fellow diabetics.
- Making A Difference.
- New hope for diabetic children in Wales.
- The diabetes way of death; Diabetics in Africa are dying because they cannot afford insulin, says Dr Thomas Stuttaford. The IDF's Life for a Child program helps children with diabetes in several countries get the medical supplies they need.
1 July 2007
- Study Estimates 15,000 Children and Adolescents Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes Annually.
- Mother's fight to get son boxing.
- It Takes a Village to Fundraise for Diabetes.
- Officials move to adjust insulin pump guidelines for police candidates.
- Child's diabetes prompted mother to design a new syringe.
24 June 2007
- Diabetes cure advocate returns from Washington.
- Living with diabetes; Fairfield teen testifies on Capitol Hill about juvenile diabetes.
- Young Girls With Diabetes At Risk For Dia-Bullimia.
17 June 2007
- It's a cross-country ride for diabetes cure.
- Some diabetic girls skip insulin in dangerous effort to diet.
- Bret Michaels, Diabetic Lead Singer of "Poison," Lives Life Large. See also the dLife segment about Bret.
- Football is best medicine for diabetes.
- Fighting back.
- Inhale Or Inject?
- Athlete, motivator comes to inspire Vandenberg.
- Cycling so much more to Southerland.
10 June 2007
- Diabetes can't stop Erin Alicebelle Turner.
- Seattle at forefront for Type 1 diabetes research.
- Camp CoDiak Lets Diabetic Kids Be Kids.
- Coping with diabetes while pushing for cure.
- Insulin Pens Go Sleek, With Options.
3 June 2007
- Tragic Consequences; Fatal Crash Cases Hard To Prosecute is about two drivers with type 1 diabetes who causes fatal accidents due to hypoglycemic reactions.
- Zip the Dog's Nose Knows Lows: Diabetes Alert Dog Saves a Life.
- Nurses recognized for helping students in diabetes maintenance.
- TV Can Be Bad for Children With Diabetes.
- Martin player of year.
- Multi-talented Weiss raises money to research cure for juvenile diabetes.
- Living with diabetes — and how!
- Diabetes gets her best shot.
- Cyclist Inspires at Camp.
- Camp for children with diabetes assists with independence.
27 May 2007
- Second-grade girl comes to the rescue.
- Graduation sweet for diabetic.
- Diabetes fails to hold scholarship students back.
- MV's Bennett overcomes obstacles.
- Camp for children with diabetes assists with independence.
- Local boy to lobby for diabetes research.
- Bad eating habits can form in first years.
- Dealing with pets' diabetes.
20 May 2007
- Girl, 6, honored for saving dad's life.
- Pageant contestant competes for diabetic sisters.
- Escondido Boy with juvenile diabetes gets to meet Thomas the Tank Engine.
- Diabetic files complaint after being denied job with police.
- S.J. Couple Who Died In Accident.
13 May 2007
- As family grows, so does its appreciation for diabetes care.
- Diabetes epidemic.
- Students Invent Protective Pouch To Enhance Cell Therapy.
- New weapons against diabetes.
6 May 2007
- Type 1 Diabetes: A Parent's Perspective.
- Taking their best shot at managing diabetes.
- New treatment helps rare form of diabetes.
- Dr. Diabetes Featured in New Comics.
- Childhood Diabetes Education.
- Driver in fatal crash sent to county prison.
29 April 2007
- Type 1 Pop Star, Nick Jonas Tells His Story.
- Scorching sun trouble for diabetes patients.
22 April 2007
- Fear of brain-wasting prions halts islet transplants.
- Father, son make best of life with diabetes.
- Driver's blackout 'killed nurse'.
15 April 2007
- Young girl lends voice to diabetes cause.
- Massillon girl selected as diabetes delegate.
- Diabetes can't stop marathoner's drive.
- 13-Year-Old Donates Toy-Filled Backpacks to Diabetes Patients at Winthrop.
- The diabetic who is part pig.
- Know Your Numbers, Outlive Your Diabetes: An Expert Interview with Richard A. Jackson, MD, and Amy L. Tenderich, MA.
8 April 2007
- Diabetic student saved from death by McCleskey Middle staff.
- Boca Raton students aboard ship that sunk in Aegean Sea set to return.
- Type 1 Pumper Runs Fifty 50 Diabetes Company With a High-Minded Bottom Line.
- Connor, the boy who's become a world leader.
- 'I will always be defined' by the Iditarod race is about Bruce Linton, who competed in the race using an insulin pump.
- Miss Rossi goes to Washington.
- For Jake, everything counts.
- Poker Run to Raise Funds to Send Children With Diabetes to Camp.
- Camp teaches children to "own" their diabetes.
- Nationals Give $2 Million For Diabetes Care Facility.
- Lecturers egged to raise money for insulin pumps.
1 April 2007
- Billion-dollar diabetes boy.
- At camp, she was normal.
- Carbo-loading tricky for Freeman.
- Iditarod Musher Bruce Linton writes about his experience.
- Long-term survivor poster girl for diabetes.
- Emory To Develop Islet Transplant Technology.
- Share Banting's epiphany; Visit the London bedroom where Canada's father of insulin had his brilliant insight.
- Diabetes in children: A call for the whole family to eat better.
- Doyle visit inspires mom to fight for diabetes' cure.
- Scientist at work: Richard DiMarchi.
25 March 2007
- Why has diabetes soared in children? See also Type 1 Diabetes on Rise in Young Children and Dramatic increase of Type 1 diabetes in under fives.
- Diabetes beaten, Padres' Cassidy can focus on pitching.
- Fighting diabetes one swing at a time.
- Ram fights diabetes - and wins.
- Diabetes Won't Stop 16-Day Trek Through Arctic. See also Former Stowe resident finishes grueling Iditarod.
- Zena Davenport manages misconceptions in battle with type I diabetes.
18 March 2007
- Somali population discovering diabetes. See also the video of of a young girl who immigrated from Somalia and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
- Marissa's Mission.
- Dramatic increase in child diabetes. See also Research urged as cases of diabetes in children surge 500% in 20 years, Study: 'Clean' Children At Greater Risk Of Diabetes, and Sharp increase in type 1 diabetes among children mystifies researchers.
- Few Schools Using Simple Test to Find Diabetes in Teens.
11 March 2007
- Sycamore teen is Ohio delegate at Juvenile Diabetes research congress.
- Screening helps kids get jump on diabetes.
- Girl, interrupted.
- Mother of diabetic girl crusades for school's help.
- Diabetes camp for children in the Tahoe community.
- Takeda Warns of Broken Bones in Women Taking Actos for Diabetes.
4 March 2007
- Mother determined to stop diabetes.
- Taking diabetes to D.C.: Nine-year-old goes to Capitol to tell his tale.
- All-Star kid has the ticket.
- Woman overcoming diabetes.
- Spending a fortune on diabetes management.
- Snooker star on cue to help poorly children in Sheffield.
25 February 2007
- Pig cells hope for diabetes cure.
- Camden Hills grad raises diabetes awareness in Ecuador.
18 February 2007
- Insulin pump praised in New Zealand.
- Everyday Heroes: Kids Helping Kids With Diabetes.
- Diabetic injection problem sees Grade 1 pupil barred.
11 February 2007
- 'Teen rebellion cost me my sight'.
- Dealing with diabetes.
- FD honors young hero.
- Breakthrough discovery for Type 1 Diabetes is about a girl with a very rare form of diabetes.
- There oughta be a law.
- Tokyo Univ. team's findings could help find diabetes cure.
- Imaging Technique Is Highly Accurate In Diagnosing, Locating Pancreas Defects In Newborns.
4 February 2007
- Leaving the nest with Type 1 diabetes.
- Little Alicia helps save dad's life.
- Diabetes can't knock cowboy out of saddle.
- Daughter's disease spurs innovation.
- Training puts school staff at ease.
- Not content just to survive with diabetes.
- Grandma's book helps youngest diabetics.
- Using Cell Phones to Monitor Diabetes.
- Scientists Find Mechanism for Diabetes Prevention.
- Oral Insulin To Prevent Type 1 Diabetes Tested In Study.
- MEPs And International Diabetes Organisations Call For Better And Equal Care In Children With Diabetes Around Europe.
- Lilly, Novo Cut Insulin Prices for German Customers.
28 January 2007
- Diabetics: one sweet market. (Registration required)
- Jacqui Needed Her Best Buddy.
- Children receiving 'flawed' diabetes care. See also Diabetic children face 'limb risk'.
21 January 2007
- Diabetes On Rise, Along With Medical Costs.
- Coordination is key in caring for complex diabetes.
- Africa: Every Minute, 6 People Die From Diabetes.
14 January 2007
- Bridling at Insulin's Cost, States Push for Generics.
- Carb and calorie intake low in young diabetics.
- Health Science Center asked to participate in national diabetes study.
- Allergic reactions to insulin have declined and Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion (CSII) could reduce them further.
- High school runner received surprise diagnosis: diabetes.
- Youth ambassadors.
- Elliott Yamin; Advocate and 'Idol'.
- Diabetic pilot should not have flown solo.
7 January 2007
- Local man devotes his life to running the Iditarod.
- Becoming the Cure.
- Students create book to help fight diabetes.
- San Rafael Guide Dogs washouts find new life detecting low blood-sugar levels in diabetics.
- Group Trains Dogs To Help Diabetics.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:59
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.