Diabetes News in the Popular Press from 2013
8 May 2013
- Brenda Novak kicks off her Online Auction for Diabetes Research.
- Diabetes won’t slow Indy 500 driver.
- Miss America offers tips for fighting diabetes.
1 May 2013
- Chris Jarvis defied the odds in becoming an rower.
- Commentary: Diabetes couldn't block CdM grad from Olympic gold.
- ‘Diabulimia’ is a life-threatening disorder for some teens.
- Juvenile diabetes diagnosis life-changing for Middletown family.
24 April 2013
- Right to insulin is human right: Sir Hirst.
- Former Stroud AC husband and wife team at the London Marathon.
- Living with Type 1 diabetes, local mom finds support through Diabetes Sisters.
- Scholastic Superstar: Meet Maria Capitano.
- Family's heartbreak after diabetic 29-year-old who planned to run the London Marathon dies from 'dead in bed' syndrome.
17 April 2013
- Local biotech entrepreneur showcasing developing diabetes therapy at D.C. conference is about Sensulin LLC, which is developing a "smart" insulin that releases in response to glucose concentrations.
- Service dog helps Monarch Academy teacher monitor her diabetes.
- Conacher overcomes diabetes to reach NHL.
- Family health: Normal, active life can be lead with type 1 diabetes.
10 April 2013
- Living with Type 1: A Family Story.
- Franchitti, Kimball and other Indy drivers join in the "Race with Insulin" cause .
- Diabetic Alert Dog Helps West Seneca Girl.
- Donations help Easton family afford medical assistance dog for 2-year-old diabetic son.
- Special Puppy Monitors Toddler's Blood Sugar.
- Dog Alerts Diabetic Boy When Blood Sugar Needs Testing.
- Standard of diabetes care leaves a lot to be desired in Ireland.
3 April 2013
- The Diabetic's Paradox.
- BioHub offers new hope to diabetes sufferers.
- Jay’s message could be diabetes life-saver.
27 March 2013
- Visionaries: One Harvard Scientist’s Quest To Find A Cure For His Kids.
- Student connecting diabetic teens.
- Woman with diabetes reaches out to kids.
- A Rookie Unheralded, Undrafted and Unfazed.
- Port Moody mom with diabetic daughter fearful over nursing support as her child starts kindergarten.
- Peasedown St John family back call over diabetes care for children.
- Young Diabetics Are Slimming Themselves to Death.
- Kimball in a race to conquer diabetes.
20 March 2013
- New type of adult diabetes is on the rise.
- Raleigh girl outruns diabetes.
- Sansum Diabetes Research Institute Appoints Rem Laan as Executive Director.
- Mom Sentenced To 16 Years For Neglecting Diabetic Child.
13 March 2013
- Could Pig Worms Lead to the Cure for Type 1?
- More children are being diagnosed with diabetes at Northampton General Hospital.
- Hingham woman leads diabetes fight.
- Diabulimia: The Dangerous Way Diabetics Drop Pounds.
- Registration open, scholarships available at Kansas diabetes camps.
6 March 2013
- Northwestern's Gisler doesn't let diabetes keep him off the court.
- My Life Partner Has Diabetes.
- The Conversation: Can stem cell treatment cure type 1 diabetes?
- Kosair Children's Hospital to open diabetes center with $5 million gift.
- Mini-Organ Would Mimic Pancreas to Treat Type 1 Diabetes.
27 February 2013
- Volunteer from Capital High wins national award.
- Ski event raises money for diabetes.
- How much do you know about diabetes? Let a 9-year-old Manlius boy fill you in.
- Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
20 February 2013
- Families living with type 1 diabetes.
- Utah mom helps kids understand type 1 diabetes.
- Connected in Motion: Creating Community for People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Brianna out to get jump on diabetes.
13 February 2013
- Test strip supply linked to better diabetes care.
- Type 1 Diabetic Ryan Reed to run at least five Nationwide Series races.
6 February 2013
- Diabetes researcher’s goal: Make insulin-producing cells in lab.
- Parents upset over 'diabetes discrimination'.
- Attorney shares her struggle with diabetes in new book.
- Kids learn to deal with diabetes at summer camp.
30 January 2013
- Sebastien Sasseville Conquers Mountain and Desert.
- Girl, 9, Saves Mom From Diabetic Attack While Driving.
- Education crucial for type 1 diabetes patients.
- Pig cell trial improves diabetic man's sight.
- Diabetes doesn’t get him down.
23 January 2013
- In the Thick of Diabetes Advocacy with Alan Thicke.
- Education crucial for type 1 diabetes patients.
- Rise of the diabulemics: The diabetic women jeopardising their health by skipping insulin jabs to prevent weight gain.
- New hope for a Type 1 diabetes cure.
- Special Report: Diabetes Discrimination.
- Court battle over $20,000 dog will stay in Beaumont.
16 January 2013
- Sotomayor tells life story shaped by disease, overcoming adversity. See also her 60 Minutes Interview from January 13, 2013 and her interview on NPR from January 14, 2013.
- Basketball Camp for Kids with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetes not stopping Lamar's Webb.
- Double Diabetes = Double Trouble!
- Calls for diabulimia to be recognised, say medics.
- Callison: Family strives for balance after diabetes diagnosis.
- UCSD breaks ground on medical research facility and diabetes center in La Jolla.
9 January 2013
- Walter and Eliza Hall Institute researchers solve insulin mystery.
- Living with type 1 diabetes.
- Quick-thinking daughter, 6, saves diabetic father's life by feeding him jelly babies after realising he was about to fall into coma.
- Our World: Service dog sniffs out girl's diabetes.
- Diabetes service dog saves man's life.
- Outside the Game: Jay Cutler inspires others with Type 1 Diabetes.
2 January 2013
- Longest surviving type 1 diabetes sufferer tells her story.
- UK has world's fifth-highest rate of children with type 1 diabetes. See also UK fifth highest in world for child type 1 diabetes.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday May 08, 2013 16:33:51
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.