Research News From 2017
18 October 2017
- Low Incidence of End-Stage Renal Disease in Childhood-Onset Type 1 Diabetes Followed for Up to 42 Years.
- Acceptability of Implantable Continuous Glucose Monitoring Sensor.
- Factors Associated with C-peptide Levels after Diagnosis in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Markers influencing the presence of partial clinical remission in patients with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes.
- 12-Week 24/7 Ambulatory Artificial Pancreas With Weekly Adaptation of Insulin Delivery Settings: Effect on Hemoglobin A1c and Hypoglycemia.
- Type 1 Diabetes and Impaired Awareness of Hypoglycemia Are Associated with Reduced Brain Gray Matter Volumes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Early-Life Nutritional Factors and Mucosal Immunity in the Development of Autoimmune Diabetes.
- Coxsackievirus B4 as a Causative Agent of Diabetes Mellitus Type 1: Is There a Role of Inefficiently Treated Drinking Water and Sewage in Virus Spreading?
10 October 2017
- Pandemrix® vaccination is not associated with increased risk of islet autoimmunity or type 1 diabetes in the TEDDY study children. Free full text available in PDF format. See also The risk of type 1 diabetes not increased by swine flu vaccine Pandemrix.
- Detailed Analysis of Insulin Absorption Variability and the Tissue Response to Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Catheter Implantation in Swine.
- The chromosome 6q22.33 region is associated with age at diagnosis of type 1 diabetes and disease risk in those diagnosed under 5 years of age.
- Association of glycemic control with reduced risk of large vessel disease after more than 50 years of type 1 diabetes.
4 October 2017
- The shape of the glucose concentration curve during an oral glucose tolerance test predicts risk for type 1 diabetes.
- In Silico Modeling of Minimal Effective Insulin Doses Using the UVA/PADOVA Type 1 Diabetes Simulator.
27 September 2017
- T1D Risk Increased Following Influenza A H1N1 Diagnosis in Children.
- Childhood body mass index in relation to subsequent risk of type 1 diabetes-A Danish cohort study.
- Beta Cell Replacement in Mice Using Human Type 1 Diabetes Nuclear Transfer Embryonic Stem Cells.
- Nitrate induces a type 1 diabetic profile in alligator hatchlings.
20 September 2017
- Relationship between Optimum Mini-doses of Glucagon and Insulin Levels when Treating Mild Hypoglycaemia in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes - A Simulation Study.
- Vitamin D and probiotics supplement use in young children with genetic risk for type 1 diabetes.
- Efficacy and safety of alirocumab in insulin-treated individuals with type 1 or type 2 diabetes and high cardiovascular risk: The ODYSSEY DM-INSULIN randomized trial.
- Pandemic influenza diagnosis and subsequent risk of type 1 diabetes. See also Pandemic Flu May Increase Risk of Type 1 Diabetes In Genetically Predisposed Patients.
13 September 2017
- Helicobacter pylori Infection Is Associated with Type 2 Diabetes, Not Type 1 Diabetes: An Updated Meta-Analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Incidence trends of type 1 diabetes before and after the reunification in children up to 14 years of age in Saxony, Eastern Germany. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Severe Hypoglycemia-Induced Fatal Cardiac Arrhythmias are Augmented by Diabetes and Attenuated by Recurrent Hypoglycemia.
6 September 2017
- Protective major histocompatibility complex allele prevents type 1 diabetes by shaping the intestinal microbiota early in ontogeny. See also Role Of Gut Bacteria In Averting Type 1 Diabetes.
- Improving the Safety and Functionality of an Artificial Pancreas System for Use in Younger Children: Input from Parents and Physicians.
- Albuminuria Reduction after High Dose of Vitamin D in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Pilot Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Type 1 diabetes incidence and prevalence trends in a cohort of Canadian children and youth..
- Excess all-cause mortality before age 30 in childhood onset type 1 diabetes: data from the Brecon Group Cohort in Wales.
- Live attenuated enterovirus vaccine (OPV) is not associated with islet autoimmunity in children with genetic susceptibility to type 1 diabetes: prospective cohort study.
30 August 2017
- What End Users and Stakeholders Want From Automated Insulin Delivery Systems.
- Closed Loop Control During Intense Prolonged Outdoor Exercise in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: The Artificial Pancreas Ski Study.
- Closed-loop glucose control in young people with type 1 diabetes during and after unannounced physical activity: a randomised controlled crossover trial.
- Untargeted metabolomic analysis in naturally occurring canine diabetes mellitus identifies similarities to human Type 1 Diabetes.
- Venous, Arterialized-Venous, or Capillary Glucose Reference Measurements for the Accuracy Assessment of a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System.
23 August 2017
- Reprogramming human gallbladder cells into insulin-producing β-like cells. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Efficacy and safety of Biosimilar (SAR342434 insulin lispro) in adults with type 1 diabetes also using insulin glargine-SORELLA 1 study. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Biosimilar of Humalog Shows Non-Inferiority in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Attenuated Suppression of Lipolysis Explains Increases in Triglyceride Secretion and Concentration with Basal Insulin Peglispro (BIL) Relative to Insulin Glargine Treatment in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Single Dose Euglycemic Clamp Studies Demonstrating Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Similarity Between MK-1293 Insulin Glargine and Originator Insulin Glargine (Lantus) in Type 1 Diabetes and Healthy Subjects.
- Detection of Islet Cell Immune Reactivity with Low Glycemic Index Foods: Is This a Concern for Type 1 Diabetes? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
16 August 2017
- Metabolic and immune effects of immunotherapy with proinsulin peptide in human new-onset type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Pioneering type 1 diabetes therapy safe.
9 August 2017
- Respiratory infections are temporally associated with initiation of type 1 diabetes autoimmunity: the TEDDY study.
- Closed-Loop Control Without Meal Announcement in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Efficacy and Safety of Relamorelin in Diabetics with Symptoms of Gastroparesis: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study.
- Induction of IAPP amyloid deposition and associated diabetic abnormalities by a prion-like mechanism. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Could diabetes spread like mad cow disease?
2 August 2017
- Bolusing frequency and amount impacts glucose control during hybrid closed-loop.
- Fog Computing and Edge Computing Architectures for Processing Data From Diabetes Devices Connected to the Medical Internet of Things.
- Patterns of Early-Life Gut Microbial Colonization during Human Immune Development: An Ecological Perspective. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
26 July 2017
- Predictors of early renal function decline in adults with Type 1 diabetes: the Coronary Artery Calcification in Type 1 Diabetes and the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications studies.
- Efficacy and safety of Biosimilar (SAR342434 insulin lispro) in adults with type 1 diabetes also using insulin glargine-SORELLA 1 study.
- Beyond glycemic control: a cross-over, double-blind, 24 week intervention with liraglutide in type 1 diabetes.
19 July 2017
- Intestinal virome changes precede autoimmunity in type I diabetes-susceptible children.
- Assessing the effectiveness of a 3-month day-and-night home closed-loop control combined with pump suspend feature compared with sensor-augmented pump therapy in youths and adults with suboptimally controlled type 1 diabetes: a randomised parallel study protocol. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Anti-IL-21 monoclonal antibody combined with liraglutide effectively reverses established hyperglycemia in mouse models of type 1 diabetes.
- Nasal Glucagon Fixes Severe Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
12 July 2017
- My Child Is Islet Autoantibody Positive: Impact on Parental Anxiety.
- Occupation with grain crops is associated with lower type 1 diabetes incidence: Registry-based case-control study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Overnight Closed Loop Control Improves Glycemic Control in a Multicenter Study of Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- The Challenges of Achieving Postprandial Glucose Control using Closed-Loop Systems in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Intestinal virome changes precede autoimmunity in type I diabetes-susceptible children. See also Type 1 diabetes risk linked to intestinal viruses.
28 June 2017
- Extensive Assessment of Blood Glucose Monitoring During Postprandial Period and Its Impact on Closed-Loop Performance.
- Genetic and Environmental Interactions Modify the Risk of Diabetes-Related Autoimmunity by 6 Years of Age: The TEDDY Study.
- Effects of Type 1 Diabetes Risk Alleles on Immune Cell Gene Expression. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- β-Cell Replacement Strategies: The Increasing Need for a “β-Cell Dogma”. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
21 June 2017
- Oral insulin therapy fails to prevent type 1 diabetes, but some see disease delay.
- Racial and ethnic differences among children with new-onset autoimmune Type 1 diabetes.
- Retinal Ganglion Cell Loss in Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Without Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Seasonality and autoimmune diseases: The contribution of the four seasons to the mosaic of autoimmunity.
14 June 2017
- Stability, Accuracy, and Risk Assessment of a Novel Subcutaneous Glucose Sensor.
- Early childhood infections precede development of beta-cell autoimmunity and type 1 diabetes in children with HLA-conferred disease risk.
- Primary islet autoantibody at initial seroconversion and autoantibodies at diagnosis of type 1 diabetes as markers of disease heterogeneity.
7 June 2017
- Bioengineering of an Intraabdominal Endocrine Pancreas. Free full text available in PDF format.
- 'Artificial Pancreas' Coming Soon for Diabetes Patients.
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery for Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Undertaking High-Intensity Interval Exercise Versus Moderate-Intensity Exercise: A Randomized, Crossover Study.
- Analyzing breath samples of hypoglycemic events in type 1 diabetes patients: towards developing an alternative to diabetes alert dogs.
- Clinical Impact of Blood Glucose Monitoring Accuracy: An In-Silico Study.
31 May 2017
- Effect of artificial pancreas systems on glycaemic control in patients with type 1 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of outpatient randomised controlled trials.
- "It is Definitely a Game Changer": A Qualitative Study of Experiences with In-home Overnight Closed-Loop Technology Among Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Mortality in type 1 diabetes diagnosed in childhood in Northern Ireland during 1989-2012: A population-based cohort study.
- Ketoacidosis at diagnosis of type 1 diabetes: Effect of prospective studies with newborn genetic screening and follow up of risk children.
- Markers of immune-mediated inflammation in the brains of young adults and adolescents with type 1 diabetes and fatal diabetic ketoacidosis. Is there a difference?
- Comparative Pathogenesis of Autoimmune Diabetes in Humans, NOD Mice, and Canines: Has a Valuable Animal Model of Type 1 Diabetes Been Overlooked?
24 May 2017
- Development of glucose-responsive 'smart' insulin systems.
- Impact of age and antibody type on progression from single to multiple autoantibodies in type 1 diabetes relatives.
- Sodium-Glucose Co-transporter-2 Inhibitors and Diabetic Ketoacidosis. An Updated Review of the Literature.
17 May 2017
- Infant Feeding and Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Two Large Scandinavian Birth Cohorts.
- A Review of the Current Challenges Associated with the Development of an Artificial Pancreas by a Double Subcutaneous Approach.
- Study: Artificial pancreas helps young children better control their diabetes.
- The Impact of Diet Wheat Source on the Onset of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus-Lessons Learned from the Non-Obese Diabetic (NOD) Mouse Model. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Glucose Peaks and the Risk of Dementia and 20-Year Cognitive Decline.
- Hypoglycemic Effect of Combined Ghrelin and Glucagon Receptor Blockade.
- A1 beta-casein milk protein and other environmental pre-disposing factors for type 1 diabetes.
10 May 2017
- Fatty acid status in infancy is associated with the risk of type 1 diabetes-associated autoimmunity.
- Intraperitoneal Insulin Delivery Provides Superior Glycemic Regulation to Subcutaneous Insulin Delivery in Model Predictive Control-based Fully-automated Artificial Pancreas in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Study.
- Behavioral Patterns and Associations with Glucose Control During 12-Week Randomized Free-Living Clinical Trial of Day and Night Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Heterogeneity of Type 1 Diabetes: The Effect of Ethnicity.
3 May 2017
- Dog Exposure During the First Year of Life and Type 1 Diabetes in Childhood. See also Man's Best Friend Fails to Protect Against Type 1 Diabetes.
- Outpatient Closed-Loop Control with Unannounced Moderate Exercise in Adolescents Using Zone Model Predictive Control.
- Closed-Loop Control of Postprandial Glycemia Using an Insulin-on-Board Limitation Through Continuous Action on Glucose Target.
- A predictive model for lack of partial clinical remission in new-onset pediatric type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Predictive tool for children with type 1 diabetes will improve care, avoid complications.
- Endocannabinoid system acts as a regulator of immune homeostasis in the gut. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Compound in marijuana, chili peppers could reduce gut inflammation in type 1 diabetes.
- Circulating unmethylated insulin DNA as a potential non-invasive biomarker of beta cell death in type 1 Diabetes: a review and future prospect. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
26 April 2017
- Can Type 1 diabetes progression be halted? Possible role of high dose vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Performance of an Artificial Pancreas System for Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effects of Dapagliflozin on Insulin-requirement, Glucose Excretion, and ß- Hydroxybutyrate levels are not related to Baseline HbA1c in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Psychiatric medication use before and after the onset of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents: A population-based cohort study.
- Xenotransplantation of layer-by-layer encapsulated non-human primate islets with a specified immunosuppressive drug protocol.
19 April 2017
- Incidence Trends of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes among Youths, 2002–2012.
- Ethnic differences in association of high body mass index with early onset of Type 1 diabetes – Arab ethnicity as case study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Mortality and Cardiovascular Disease in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Rotavirus Vaccination and the Risk of Celiac Disease or Type 1 Diabetes in Finnish Children at Early Life.
- Metabolomics reveals new metabolic perturbations in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Low-calorie sweeteners may allow more glucose to enter fat cells.
12 April 2017
- Gut microbial metabolites limit the frequency of autoimmune T cells and protect against type 1 diabetes. See also ‘Medicinal food’ diet counters onset of type 1 diabetes.
- Increased inflammation is associated with islet autoimmunity and type 1 diabetes in the Diabetes Autoimmunity Study in the Young (DAISY). Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effect of eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid supplementation on C-peptide preservation in pregnant women with type-1 diabetes: randomized placebo controlled clinical trial.
- Virgin Beta Cells Persist throughout Life at a Neogenic Niche within Pancreatic Islets. See also New source of insulin-producing cells discovered for diabetics, A Brand New Type of Insulin-Producing Cell Has Been Discovered Hiding in the Pancreas, and New type of insulin-producing cell discovered.
- Single Retinal Layer Evaluation in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes with No or Early Signs of Diabetic Retinopathy: The First Hint of Neurovascular Crosstalk Damage between Neurons and Capillaries?
29 March 2017
- Worm infestations and development of autoimmunity in children - The ABIS study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Duodenal mucosa of patients with type 1 diabetes shows distinctive inflammatory profile and microbiota.
- Gut microbial metabolites limit the frequency of autoimmune T cells and protect against type 1 diabetes.
- Monogenic Diabetes accounts for 6.3% of cases referred to 15 Italian pediatric diabetes Centers during 2007-2012.
- Biomarker found that could help predict the onset of Type 1 diabetes.
22 March 2017
- Implication of the intestinal microbiome as a potential surrogate marker of immune responsiveness to experimental therapies in autoimmune diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- An analysis of the survival outcomes of simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation compared to live donor kidney transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes: a UK Transplant Registry study.
15 March 2017
- Vaccinations in early life are not associated with development of islet autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes high-risk children: Results from prospective cohort data.
- Use of Wearable Sensors and Biometric Variables in an Artificial Pancreas System. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Meal Detection and Carbohydrate Estimation Using Continuous Glucose Sensor Data.
- Single-donor islet transplantation in type 1 diabetes: patient selection and special considerations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Association of Skin Intrinsic Fluorescence with Retinal Microvascular Complications of Long Term Type 1 Diabetes in the Wisconsin Epidemiologic Study of Diabetic Retinopathy.
- CRISPR-targeted genome editing of mesenchymal stem cell-derived therapies for type 1 diabetes: a path to clinical success? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
8 March 2017
- Updated 24-year trend of Type 1 diabetes incidence in children in Poland reveals a sinusoidal pattern and sustained increase.
- Using in vivo corneal confocal microscopy to identify diabetic sensorimotor polyneuropathy risk profiles in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Leptin Levels in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus After Fetal Pancreatic Stem Cell Transplant.
1 March 2017
- Fasting-Mimicking Diet Promotes Ngn3-Driven β-Cell Regeneration to Reverse Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Fasting diet 'regenerates diabetic pancreas'.
- Autoimmunity against a defective ribosomal insulin gene product in type 1 diabetes. See also City of Hope researchers discover new potential cause of type 1 diabetes and and New Theory About the Cause of Type 1 Diabetes.
- An Amperometric Glucose Sensor Integrated Into an Insulin Delivery Cannula: In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Pleotropic Acute and Chronic Effects of Leptin to Reverse Type 1 Diabetes.
22 February 2017
- Compensatory Hyperconnectivity in Developing Brains of Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Intralymphatic Injection of Autoantigen in Type 1 Diabetes. See also Injection Into Lymph Nodes May Slow Progression of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes Candidate Genes Linked to Pancreatic Islet Cell Inflammation and Beta-Cell Apoptosis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Early microvascular retinal changes in optical coherence tomography angiography in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Efficacy and Safety of Metreleptin Therapy in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Study.
15 February 2017
- Glucose Driven Changes in Beta Cell Identity Are Important for Function and Possibly Autoimmune Vulnerability during the Progression of Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Use of Electrochemiluminescence Assays to Predict Autoantibody and Glycemic Progression Toward Type 1 Diabetes in Individuals with Single Autoantibodies.
8 February 2017
- Faster-acting insulin aspart provides faster onset and greater early exposure vs insulin aspart in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- In-vitro evaluation of enteric coated insulin tablets containing absorption enhancer and enzyme inhibitor.
1 February 2017
- Psychosocial effects in parents and children 12 years after newborn genetic screening for type 1 diabetes.
- Increase in Pancreatic Proinsulin and Preservation of Beta Cell Mass in Autoantibody Positive Donors prior to Type 1 Diabetes Onset.
- Glucose Outcomes with the In-Home Use of a Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery System in Adolescents and Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Residual beta-cell function in diabetes children followed and diagnosed in the TEDDY study compared to community controls.
- Interspecies organogenesis generates autologous functional islets. See also Rat-grown mouse pancreases help reverse diabetes in mice.
25 January 2017
- Day-and-night glycaemic control with closed-loop insulin delivery versus conventional insulin pump therapy in free-living adults with well controlled type 1 diabetes: an open-label, randomised, crossover study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also New artificial pancreas study shows blood sugar improvements in type 1 diabetes.
- Outpatient 60-hour day-and-night glucose control with dual-hormone artificial pancreas, single-hormone artificial pancreas, or sensor-augmented pump therapy in adults with type 1 diabetes: an open-label, randomised, crossover, controlled trial.
- Predictive Hyperglycemia and Hypoglycemia Minimization: In-Home Evaluation of Safety, Feasibility, and Efficacy in Overnight Glucose Control in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Enables the Detection of Losses in Infusion Set Actuation (LISAs). Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Pro-inflammatory Effects of Hypoglycemia in Humans with or without Diabetes.
18 January 2017
- Predictive Hyperglycemia and Hypoglycemia Minimization: In-Home Evaluation of Safety, Feasibility, and Efficacy in Overnight Glucose Control in Type 1 Diabetes.
- First Infant Formula Type and Risk of Islet Autoimmunity in The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY) Study.
- Diet Quality during Infancy and Early Childhood in Children with and without Risk of Type 1 Diabetes: A DEDIPAC Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Does vitamin D play a role in autoimmune endocrine disorders? A proof of concept.
11 January 2017
- Detection of enteroviruses in stools precedes islet autoimmunity by several months: possible evidence for slowly operating mechanisms in virus-induced autoimmunity.
- Improved Postprandial Glycemic Control with Faster-Acting Insulin Aspart in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Using Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion.
- Is islet transplantation a realistic approach to curing diabetes? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- "Learning" Can Improve the Blood Glucose Control Performance for Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Role of intestinal microbiota and metabolites on gut homeostasis and human diseases. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
4 January 2017
- Bionic pancreas system successfully controls blood sugar without risk of hypoglycemia reports on Home use of a bihormonal bionic pancreas versus insulin pump therapy in adults with type 1 diabetes: a multicentre randomised crossover tria, previously reported.
- Four-year clinical remission of type 1 diabetes mellitus in two patients treated with sitagliptin and vitamin D3. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The influence of sex on hyperfiltration in patients with uncomplicated type 1 diabetes.
- Extending Halogen-based Medicinal Chemistry to Proteins. See also Chemically modified insulin is available more quickly.
- Harvard biologist retracts diabetes breakthrough in Cell. See also Retraction Notice to: Betatrophin: A Hormone that Controls Pancreatic β Cell Proliferation.
[ Current Research News | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday October 18, 2017 04:27:35
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.