Children with Diabetes has several e-mail lists that help provide support and news to people living with diabetes. You can sign up for any or all of these lists by following the links shown below. Anyone may sign up for these lists. When you sign up, you will receive an e-mail to which you must reply before you will be subscribed to the list. This prevents others from signing you up. Also, you must be a member of a list to post messages to it.
Mailing lists can have two modes: immediate mode and digest mode. In immediate mode, you receive each message immediately as it is posted to the list. For lists with a small volume of messages, immediate mode works well. In digest mode, the list manager collects messages posted to the list and sends them out as a collection, or digest, once a day. For lists with a large volume of messages, digest mode can be the better choice.
If you are using an e-mail forwarding service, please subscribe under your real e-mail address, not your forwarding address. In the event of a problem, we would receive error messages from your real e-mail provider, not your forwarder, and it would be difficult for us to resolve the problem.
If you choose to participate in our mailing lists, please be sure that your computer has up-to-date anti-virus software running and that it checks your e-mail for viruses. E-mail viruses can spread through a mailing list with great speed, and it is the duty of everyone on the list to practice safe computing.
Topical Mailing Lists
- What's New in Children with Diabetes contains the "What's New" page and is mailed out on Wednesdays.
- Parents of Children with Diabetes is an e-mail support list for parents of children with diabetes. The parents list also has an online photo album of list members.
- Parents Off Topic List, specifically for non-diabetes related messages.
- Celiac / Type 1 Mailing List, for families with both type 1 diabetes and celiac
- Parents Task Force is an e-mail list devoted to advocacy concerns, especially at school.
- Parents of Teens with Diabetes is an e-mail support list for parents of teenagers with diabetes.
- Parents of Young Adults with Diabetes is an e-mail support list for parents of young adults with diabetes.
- Single Parents is for discussions about issues related to being a single parent of a child with diabetes
- Grandparents is for grandparents of kids with diabetes
- Canadian Schools for discussions about school issues in Canada
- Adults with Diabetes is for adults with diabetes, regardless of the type.
- Young Adults with Diabetes is for young adults with diabetes, regardless of the type.
- Newly Diagnosed is for families who have newly diagnosed children
- Young Pumpers is for parents who have young kids who use an insulin pump
- Advocacy is for discussing diabetes advocacy issues
- Fundraising is for discussions about fundraising
- Home Schooled is for families who home school their children with diabetes.
- Recipes is for sharing your special recipes with others.
- Weight Management is for people interested in weight managment
Geographical Mailing Lists
- Families in the United Kingdom. See also the CWD UK Information Section for links to UK-related diabetes information. The UK list also has an online photo album of list members.
- Families in Scotland
- Families in New Zealand and Australia
- Young Adults in New Zealand and Australia
- Vanhemmat (Families in Finland)
Terms of Service for All Mailing Lists
- Mailing lists are unmoderated.
- All requests to join a mailing list are confirmed via an e-mail message sent to the requester's e-mail address. This prevents people from subscribing others and is refered to as "double opt in."
- Posting to all mailing lists is restricted to subscribers only.
- The mailing lists themselves are not available for use by anyone other than the members of the list.
- Your e-mail addresses will never be sold, shared, or given to anyone under any circumstances whatsover.
- Sending of commercial messages ("spam") of any kind is prohibited and will result in immediate removal from the mailing list without notice. Spammers can expect their ISP to be notified and their email address added permanently to our anti-spam filters.
- Sending of harrasing or abusive messages is prohibited and will result in immediate removal from the mailing list without notice.
- Sending of chain letters is prohibited.
- Sending of messages promoting products purported to offer "miracle cures" or other dubious claims regarding any product are grounds for removal from the list without notice.
- DO NOT forward any kind of virus warning or amazing story. These are almost always hoaxes.
Last Updated: Wednesday July 18, 2012 15:42:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.