Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2010
15 December 2010
- Medtronic Launches CareLink Pro 3.0, the First Diabetes Management Software to Offer Advanced Decision Support.
8 December 2010
- Merck to Acquire SmartCells, A JDRF-funded Company.
17 November 2010
- JDRF Clinical Panel Recommends Next Steps for Artificial Pancreas Clinical Testing.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and Amylin Pharmaceuticals Partner to Investigate Metreleptin as Potential Therapy to Improve Blood Glucose Control in Type 1 Diabetes.
3 November 2010
- Watch This Video and a Child With Diabetes Gets a Week of Life-Saving Insulin.
- FDA Issues Complete Response Letter to Biodel Regarding New Drug Application for Linjeta(TM).
27 October 2010
- MacroGenics and Lilly Announce Pivotal Clinical Trial of Teplizumab Did Not Meet Primary Efficacy Endpoint.
- Global Insulin Pumps (External) Market to Reach US$1.1 Billion by 2015, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
13 October 2010
- UT Southwestern study to determine whether leptin helps type 1 diabetes patients.
6 October 2010
- Novo Nordisk Announces Winner for the "Where Have You Flexed?" Photo Contest.
29 September 2010
- Type 1 Diabetes Research at UC San Diego Gets $5 Million Boost.
- UCSF Diabetes Symposium Marks Decade of Research Advances.
1 September 2010
- Novo Nordisk Creates "App" to Help Doctors Dose Insulin, Supporting New Trend in Diabetes Care.
- Barton Center for Diabetes Education Purchases Camp Joslin. See also Barton Center buys Camp Joslin.
18 August 2010
- The Sanford Project Launches Research Study.
14 July 2010
- Biodel Announces Research Grants by Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation to Evaluate Use of VIAject(R) in Treatment of Diabetes.
7 July 2010
- STAR 3 Trial Results Confirm Medtronic's Sensor-Augmented Insulin Pump Therapy Achieves Better Glucose Control Than Daily Insulin Injections in People with Diabetes.
- New Lancing System Delivers More Comfortable Blood Glucose Testing.
- Sanofi-aventis and JDRF Form Partnership to Improve Therapies, Work Toward Cure for Type 1 Diabetes.
23 June 2010
- Diamyd Medical Signs Agreement for Diabetes Therapy. See also Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Enters Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Antigen-Based Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes.
- JDRF Names Jeffrey Brewer as President & Chief Executive Officer. See also Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation names new president and CEO.
- Nick Jonas to be National Chair of JDRF's Walk to Cure Diabetes.
16 June 2010
- Olympic XC skier Kris Freeman brings story of spirit and tenacity to campers with diabetes.
9 June 2010
- UF discovery could lead to better genetic screening for diabetes.
- New-York Historical Society Brings to Life the Dramatic Story of the Discovery of Insulin, in the Exhibition Breakthrough, on View October 5, 2010 â€“ January 31, 2011.
2 June 2010
- Andromeda Biotech Initiates DIA-AID 2, a Confirmatory Phase 3 Study using DiaPep277®, for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes.
26 May 2010
- Don't be Idle this Summer...Be the Hero! American Idol finalist Kevin Covais joins the Diabetes Diplomats to raise funds for the Diabetes Research Institute.
19 May 2010
- International Diabetes Federation launches World Diabetes Day 2010 campaign.
- UC Davis researchers receive $3.3 million grant to study diabetic crisis in children.
12 May 2010
- Cellnovo and Home Diagnostics, Inc. Form Strategic Alliance.
5 May 2010
- JDRF Partners with Living Cell Technologies to Test Encapsulated Cell Replacement Therapy For the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Osiris Therapeutics Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Stem Cell Treatment for Type 1 Diabetes (PDF).
- UGA discovery holds promise for treatment of diabetes and other debilitating diseases.
28 April 2010
- Living Cell Technologies Receives Grant from Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International for DIABECELLÂ® NZ Clinical Trial.
21 April 2010
- Artificial Pancreas for Type 1 Diabetes Moves Closer to Reality.
- Scripps Research scientists reveal how genetic mutations may cause type 1 diabetes summarizes The diabetogenic mouse MHC class II molecule I-Ag7 is endowed with a switch that modulates TCR affinity.
14 April 2010
- Roche acquires Medingo Ltd. and expands its position in the growing insulin delivery systems market.
- CureDM Partners Novel Diabetes Treatment With Sanofi-Aventis (PDF).
7 April 2010
- Diabetes Research Institute Foundation Receives $5 Million Gift From The Building And Construction Trades Department.
- Living Cell Technologies Confirms Safety and Proof of Principle of Efficacy in its Penultimate Data Analysis from its Russian Human Phase I/IIa Trial with DIABECELLÂ® in Diabetics.
31 March 2010
- IDF appoints Special Ambassador for the Rights of People with Diabetes.
24 March 2010
- Diamyd Granted Orphan Drug Designation in the US.
17 March 2010
- JDRF Founder, Lee Ducat, To Be Honored at 40th Anniversary Gala in Philadelphia.
- Medtronic Receives FDA Approval for Industry's Most Advanced Integrated System for Diabetes Management.
- Sernova Announces Interim Results from Key Preclincal Study With its Proprietary Cell Pouch System(tm).
10 March 2010
- Diamyd Medical: Diamyd US Phase III Study Well under Way.
17 February 2010
- Funding boost for type 1 diabetes research.
3 February 2010
- Diabetes UK: HCPs encouraged to register for free DVD vouchers for children with type 1 diabetes.
- Efficacy and Safety Demonstrated by the OmniPod Insulin Management System in Retrospective Study.
- Home Diagnostics, Inc. Agrees to Be Acquired by Nipro Corporation; Companies Sign Definitive Agreement.
20 January 2010
- JDRF and BD Collaborate to Improve Insulin Pump Delivery.
- Insulet Applauds Kris Freeman as He Heads to 2010 Olympic Games.
13 January 2010
- JDRF Forms Partnership with Animas to Develop First-Generation Automated System for Managing Type 1 Diabetes.
- American Diabetes Associationâ€™s New Clinical Practice Recommendations Promote A1C as Diagnostic Test for Diabetes.
- Insulet and Ypsomed Sign International Distribution Agreement for the OmniPod Insulin Management System.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday December 13, 2016 13:17:16
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.