1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 t. salt
7 oz. almond paste, crumbled
2 egg whites, at room temperature
32 whole blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg. F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, flour, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the almond paste and egg whites in a large bowl and beat at medium speed, about 3 minutes, or until mixture is smooth. Gradually beat in the sugar mixture.
- Drop mounds of dough, about 2 teaspoons each, 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Gently press an almond into each cookie. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes. Remove from the baking sheets and cool completely on the wire racks. The cookies can be covered in an airtight container and stored at room temperature up to 4 days.
Serving size: Two 1.5 inch cookies Yield: 32 cookies Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate, 1 fat Nutrition: Calories 106, Calories from Fat 44, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 44 mg, Total Carbohydrate 14 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 11 g, Protein 2 g
Recipe from The Big Book of Diabetic Desserts.
Back to the Recipes Page
Last Updated: Wednesday December 23, 2009 11:41:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.