Esser Family, Clifton, Virginia
April 19, 2004
Hi! I just arrived at Elizabeth's house. I found out that I wear the same size as her American Girl doll, so I have a lot of clothes to wear during my visit!
April 21, 2004
Today, I went to school with Elizabeth (and all my friends signed the journal!). After school, I helped Elizabeth with her math and social studies homework (percentages and Civil War). Today, Elizabeth and I also went to the doctor's office and got Subway for lunch.
Later, we went to ballet class and I wore a really pretty pink tutu. After ballet, we had hip-hop class. Their costumes just arrived and they tried them on. They were really cool. I had lots of fun today!
April 25, 2004
Today, I went to the ballet with Elizabeth and her mom! We had really good seats.
April 28, 2004
I went to hip-hop class today. It was really, really hard! Before we did across the floor and center, we had to do 1,000 crunches in 15 minutes. Then we did our splits. We had to stay in the right, left, and middle for 3 minutes. Then after across the floor, we did our dance.
April 30, 2004
Hey! Ruby here! Today is my very last day going to school with Elizabeth! I'm going to miss her a lot. Well, here is my agenda for what we will do together at her school.
- We'll go to P.E. This is the week that we are learning about autism and doing a challenge course which helps us use our seven senses.
- Next, we're going to language arts. We are going to start a new book report that's going to be really fun! We are creating a magazine on the topic of our choice. We are going to learn to write a bunch of different articles on our topic. I'm going to do mine on diabetic bears like me. I can't wait!
- After this, we're going to lunch. It's pizza day, but Elizabeth packed lunch. I think that lunch is fun because I get to talk to Elizabeth's friends. These people sit at our lunch table ... me, Elizabeth, Chelsea, Carolyn, Jennifer, Samantha, Nicky
- Now we go to Social Studies. Elizabeth's history teacher is Mrs. Ruffner. In social studies, we're learning about the Civil War. They have a test on it next week. Good luck!
- Okay, now I'm going to go to Math. Today we have a math test. This isn't going to be fun to do. (I forgot to study.) Also in math, we are working on our Fantasy Baseball League. Everyone picked out hitters and pitchers that they liked and used them to create their own baseball team. Last week, Elizabeth's, Chelsea's, and Carolyn's team (the Pink Sox) won!
- Now we are going to Science/Health. Today we didn't go to Health. Instead we went to Career Day. Got to go!
April 30, 2004
Today is Career Day at Union Mill! I am going around with Jennifer later to see all of everyone's careers. I'll tell you what is going to happen later. See ya!
Hi! We just finished Career Day. Here's what happened… I just went around with Elizabeth's friend, Jennifer, for Career Day. We met an FBI agent, an actress, and a Civil Rights lawyer. Then, I took photos with Elizabeth's class members. I learned a lot about different jobs today. This was a fun last day. What do you know… It's time to go!
P.S. With Elizabeth and her friends, I learned how to do some pretty cool stuff with string. I learned how to play a game called cat's cradle, make the cup and saucer, make the Eiffel Tower, make a hanger, Jacob's Ladder (that was hard to l earn!), witch's broom, chicken's foot and bananas!
Bye! I'll miss you!
Rufus and Ruby, the bears with diabetes, is the creation of Carol Cramer, who owns the copyright to Rufus and Ruby. The graphics of Rufus are from Rufus Come Home, written by Kim Gosselin and illustrated by Terry Ravenelli, and are used by permission of the author.
Last Updated: Tuesday December 26, 2006 13:44:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.