The Drew Family, Rosemount, Minnesota
Rufus came to our house just before Thanksgiving, and in the craziness of the holidays, he got stalled - but he's on his way today. While he was here, he do so much!
- He wrestled with John's own Rufus
- He celebrated Thanksgiving with us
- He went to school with John to teach the 2nd graders all about diabetes
- He visited school again because the class liked him so much - and he fell into the recycling!
- He went to church twice, and he fell asleep the second time!
- He helped John figure out Christmas presents for his family
- He did a lot of visiting of family and friends, being friendly and informative
- He spent Christmas with us and opened presents, too
- He went to Irish dance lessons
- He went to see Harry Potter at the movie theater
- He stayed overnight at a friend's house
- He learned how to set up electric circuits with John's new SNAP circuits set.
John was so excited when Rufus arrived, but he's very sad that Rufus won't be returning. He also feels sad that Rufus spent such a long time here and that the next family - in Montana - had to wait for so long.
We've enjoyed having you here, Rufus! Have a fantastic trip!
The Drew Family
Rufus and Ruby, the bears with diabetes, is the creation of Carol Cramer, who owns the copyright to Rufus and Ruby. The graphics of Rufus are from Rufus Come Home, written by Kim Gosselin and illustrated by Terry Ravenelli, and are used by permission of the author.
Last Updated: Thursday April 10, 2003 11:27:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.