Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and TLSIf you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, you may be unable to connect to the secure online store. Some installations of the browser have a new form of security called TLS. The web server used by Children with Diabetes does not yet support TLS and, as a result, your browser displays an error message when you try to visit the secure online store.
The following instructions describe how to disable TLS and enable SSL 3.0, an alternative form of security. You can also use the print or fax order form.
How to Disable TLS in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
- Start your browser by visiting any web site.
- Click the left mouse button on the "Tools" menu item.
- Click the left mouse button on the "Internet Options" menu item. You should now see the "Internet Options" window.
- Click the left mouse button on the "Advanced" tab at the top right.
- Click the left mouse button on the scroll bar on the right, scrolling down until you see the "Security" options.
- If a check mark is not in the "Use SSL 3.0" option, click the left mouse button on the "Use SSL 3.0" option to enable it.
- If a check mark is in the "Use TLS 1.0" option, click the left mouse button on the "Use TLS 1.0" option to disable it.
- Click the "OK" button.
You can now connect to the secure online store.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.