Massachusetts General Hospital – Diabetes Research Center
Researchers at the MGH Diabetes Research Center are recruiting subjects to test an Automated Closed-Loop Glucose Control System for Type I Diabetics.
Who is Eligible? Type 1 Diabetics
- 18+ years of age
- Diabetes diagnosed at least 5 years ago
- Use insulin pump
- Hemoglobin A1c 8.5% or less
- 18+ years of age
- No history of diabetes
- No medications affecting blood sugar
What will happen?
- Screening visit
- Vital signs
- Blood tests
- Mixed meal tolerance test (type 1 diabetics)
- Glucose tolerance test (non-diabetics)
- Second clinic visit
- Set up continuous glucose monitoring (Abbott Navigator)
- Overnight hospital stay
- Two IV catheters placed
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Blood sampling to measure insulin levels
- Closed-loop glucose control (type 1 diabetics only)
- Three meals
How will I be compensated?
- $100 for screening visit
- $ 50 for 2nd clinic visit
- $300 per in-patient visit
How do I get more information?Version 1, 02/28/07
Please contact the study coordinator, Robert Sutherlin, R.N. by telephone at 617-724-6237 or by page at 617-726-2066, Monday – Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM for additional information.
May 22, 2008
[ Back to Studies Page ]
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Saturday May 24, 2008 10:40:44
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.