AL AZ | CA | CO | DC | FL | GA | HI | IL | KS | KY | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | NC | NH | NJ | NV | NY | OH | OK | PA | RI | SC | TN | TX | VA | VT | WA | WV | Military
Support Groups in Florida
- Family Resource Network of Central Florida
The Family Resource Network of Central Florida is a community-based network for children and teens with diabetes and their families. It is coordinated locally by parent volunteers (who have diabetic children) and is supported by regional and national staff members of the American Diabetes Association. We provide information and services including education, social events and advocacy (including school health care assistance) to families living with diabetes throughout Central Florida (Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Volusia, Brevard and Lake county). For more information, you can download a one-page brochure as a PDF file.
Diabetes Family Support Group serves the Florida Panhandle and South Georgia area. Quarterly informational meetings and various other social activities planned. DFS Meetings are held at the Tallahassee Memorial Diabetes Center, 1981-2 Capital Circle NE, Tallahasseem Florida 32308. Future information meeting dates:
- October 11, 2007 - 6pm-9pm
Covered Dish Dinner with Joe Solowiejczyk
Topic: Nurse and family therapist who has had type 1 diabetes for over 40 years speaks.
- December 8, 2007 - 2pm-4pm
For more information contact Lisa Harvey at lharvey250 (at) embarqmail.com or call (850) 893-9060.
- The North Pinellas Diabetes Association meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month at the Dunedin Community Center in Dunedin, Florida. Parents, families and children of all ages are welcome. You can download a PDF with the current schedule of meetings. For more information, contact Nancy McFadden via email at mcfadde AT verizon.net.
- Palms West Hospital now has Adult and Pediatric Diabetes Support Groups. The Adult Support Group meets the second Tuesday of each month at 4:30pm at Palms West Hospital The Pediatric Support Group meets the last Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm at Palms West Hospital Palms West Hospital is located in South East Florida at 13001 Southern Blvd, Loxahatchee, FL 33470. For more information please call 561-784-3167.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Family to Family Support Group of Melbourne, Florida (South Brevard County) meets at the Northside Presbyterian Church located at 1400 Lake Washington Road the 3rd Saturday of each month from 3:00pm - 4:30pm. There are several social events scheduled throughout the year too. Please contact Melissa at 321-543-3409 for detailed information on the upcoming meetings/events.
> Back to Support Groups
To have your group's information and events highlighted in these pages, use our Feedback Form.
Last Updated: Monday August 15, 2011 21:16:46
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.