AL AZ | CA | CO | DC | FL | GA | HI | IL | KS | KY | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | NC | NH | NJ | NV | NY | OH | OK | PA | RI | SC | TN | TX | VA | VT | WA | WV | Military
Support Groups in Hawaii
- Keiki Ohana KonnectionDiabetes isn't just a bunch of blood tests and shots--all the planning and stress can take over your life. At first I had my doubts about a support group, but it's the best way to learn about living with diabetes--from people who are going through the same things every day.
A Support Group for Families and Children with Diabetes
- What is Keiki Ohana Konnection?
- A group of families whose children have diabetes, who wish to:
- Provide emotional support to other families
- Learn from each other's experiences
- Work together to make diabetes less of a burden
- What does Keiki Ohana Konnection do?
- Sponsor monthly "Sharing" meetings for parents of children with diabetes
- Organizes family activities and special events (picnics, Halloween party, etc.)
- Provides support to newly diagnosed families
- Serves as a resource to answer questions
- Keiki Ohana Konnection
- is open to all families of children with diabetes--civilian or military. It is free. Whether you want to get involved or just want information, please call us.
- Some comments about diabetes and Keiki Ohana Konnection
- We were so scared and confused about diabetes. It is really great to meet other families that are dealing with it. We're learning a lot.
--M. Monte, Honolulu
--C. Benjamin, Honolulu
- For more information, call
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation at (808) 531-5698
American Diabetes Association at (808) 924-7755
Theresa Alejado at Kaiser Moanalua Medical Center at (808) 834-9364
> Back to Support Groups
To have your group's information and events highlighted in these pages, use our Feedback Form.
Last Updated: Saturday August 25, 2007 10:35:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.