Of Continuing Interest
- CWD's Friends for Life UK 2011 conference, to be held at Beaumont House, Old Windsor, Berkshire from October 28-30, 2011, is currently sold out.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Focus on Technology conference, to be held at at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel in Seattle, Washington from November 18-20, 2011.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Family Support Weekend, to be held at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida from December 30, 2011 - January 1, 2012.
Other Stories of Continuing Interest
- Lilly and Disney have teamed up on the Once Upon a Time Contest, to bring a family to Friends for Life Orlando 2012.
New This Week
- We report on CWD's Friends for Life Canada: Toronto 2011 conference.
- We report on CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2011 conference.
- We've begun a major web site redesign effort and I'm hoping for feedback from our audience about changes and additions to make CWD and the Forums better. If you have a couple minutes, please share your thoughts through our brief online survey.
- Charlie is 3 and wears a pump and a CGM.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they get their HbA1c measured. This week's poll asks readers how diabetes has impacted their other children.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Mommy, What is Type 1 Diabetes?, written and illustrated by Irene Mallano and Madison Rose Mallano.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
I was sending my son a text this morning – he has a stomach bug and low ketones – and my note was "remember, fluids and insulin will make the ketones go away." It autocorrected to "fluids and insulin will make the kittens go away."
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when your son gets a bloody nose and you reach for the glucose meter to check his blood sugar. See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
My son was put on Humulin 70/30. Can he take Lantus and short acting insulin?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
At What Low do you Treat for at Nightly Check?
Studies and Surveys
- Kids between the ages of 12 and 17 with type 1 diabetes are needed for studies on the artificial pancreas project.
- Off to School with Diabetes.
- A Casual Low.
Products, Services and Books
- Telcare BGM 3G Connected Blood Glucose Meter Receives FDA Clearance. See also Telecare.
- Pig-to-Nonhuman Primates Pancreatic Islet Xenotransplantation: An Overview.
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus and major depressive disorder: evidence for a biological link.
- Therapeutic Impact of Leptin on Diabetes, Diabetic Complications, and Longevity in Insulin-Deficient Diabetic Mice.
- Role of Parenting Style in Achieving Metabolic Control in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Ambulatory 24-hour fast using flexible insulin therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Expert opinion and clinical experience regarding patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus fasting on Yom Kippur.
- Risk of fracture in celiac disease: Gender, dietary compliance, or both? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Eating gluten-free: Celiac sufferers have more options than ever.
- Local bakeries expand to satisfy gluten-free customers.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Three-year-old saves mum from diabetic coma.
- Fort Polk's little hero saves mom's life.
- Team Type 1 changes its name and colors at the Tour of Denmark.
- Celebrity Chef Sam Talbot Joins "Life First™" Diabetes Awareness Campaign.
- Team Type 1 Co-Founder and CEO Phil Southerland Appointed to World Health Organization Post.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:41
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.