Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend CWD's Family Support Weekend, to be held at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida from December 30, 2011 - January 1, 2012.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Focus on Technology conference, to be held at the Philadelphia Marriott West in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania from February 25-26, 2012. Family Scholarships are available from the Diabetes Scholars Foundation.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2012 conference, to be held at the Marriott World Center Resort in Orlando, Florida from July 3-8, 2012.
New This Week
- Last week's poll asked readers about who is primarily responsible for their child's insulin dosing while at school. This week's poll asks readers if they are concerned about their child's ability to pay for their diabetes care when they are an adult.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Diabetes: An Emotional Journey by Renea Jo Zosel.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My son was chosen to be line leader for his class at school. Prior to lunch he always goes down to the nurses office to have his blood sugar checked. When it was time to line up and go to lunch, my son went to the nurses office as usual, only on this day the whole class ended up there too. They all got a good laugh over it.
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you go to tell the person in front of you that their pump tubing is hanging out, only to realize that it's the headphone wire connected to their iPod. See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
When I drink beer, my blood sugar remains high and I have never had a low after drinking. My doctor recommends I take half my usual NovoLog based on my consumption. Why do I remain high? What do you think of my doctor's advice?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
- Another D Candle Day: How is a mom to let her child with Diabetes live her life?.
- Honesty Sucks.
- New Studies Show Novo Nordisk's Combination Insulin Reduces Hypoglycemia.
- Lane Desborough – Chemical Engineering and Diabetes?
Products, Services and Books
- iPhone and diabetes management using Track3 app.
- FDA outlines flexible approaches for artificial pancreas system clinical trials, product approvals See also JDRF Encouraged By Draft FDA Artificial Pancreas Guidance and FDA Issues Artificial Pancreas Guidance Document.
- Intravital imaging of CTLs killing islet cells in diabetic mice. See also a Jolla Institute researchers provide world's first view of Type 1 diabetes as it unfolds.
- Type 1 diabetes in Cheshire: Cardiometabolic risk factor trends (2004-2009).
- End-stage nephropathy in Type 1-diabetes mellitus - Kidney transplantation alone or combined with Islet or pancreas transplantation?
- Improved Postprandial Glycemic Control in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes from Subcutaneous Injection of Insulin Lispro with Hyaluronidase.
- Reversal of diabetes by the creation of neo-islet tissues into a subcutaneous site using islet cell sheets.
- The management of diabetic ketoacidosis in children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- High-Dose Aspirin Is Required to Influence Plasma Fibrin Network Structure in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin analogues and severe hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes.
- Health-Related Quality of Life and Treatment Satisfaction in the Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy for A1C Reduction 3 (STAR 3) Trial.
- Continuous glucose monitoring in children, adolescents, and adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus: analysis from the prospective DPV diabetes documentation and quality management system from Germany and Austria.
- Impact of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus on the Family is Reduced with the Medical Home, Care Coordination, and Family-Centered Care.
- High Prevalence of Hirsutism and Menstrual Disorders in Obese Adolescent Girls and Adolescent Girls with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus despite Different Hormonal Profiles.
- Short- and Long-Term Effects of Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
- The relationship between quality of life and coping strategies of adults with celiac disease adhering to a gluten-free diet.
- Meta-analysis on anxiety and depression in adult celiac disease.
- Gluten-free diet and autoimmune thyroiditis in patients with celiac disease. A prospective controlled study.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Dog Sense.
- Diabetes alert dog safeguards 5-year-old.
- Team Type 1 gets early start on 2012.
- Matthew Calderon, Fort Lee basketball lover, dies at age 16.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Wednesday December 07, 2011 15:29:35
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.