Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend Friends for Life 2015, to be held at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort from Monday, July 6th, through Sunday, July 12th, 2015. Our hotel block is open for reservations and conference registration is open.
- Make plans to attend our Focus on Technology: Anaheim 2015 conference, to be held at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California from September 18 - 20, 2015.
- Friends for Life Canada 2015, to be held at the Marriott Gateway on the Falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, from October 23-25, 2015, is sold out.
Other Stories of Continuing Interest
- ANNOUNCING: The DiabetesMine 2015 Patient Voices Contest â€“ Share Your Diabetes Life Hacks!
New This Week
- Applications for the 2015 Diabetes Scholars Foundation College Scholarships are due in one week -- April 15, 2015.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they are concerned about the accuracy of their glucose meter. This week's poll asks readers what they think is the hardest part of diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Ultimate Guide to Accurate Carb Counting by Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My youngest son was practicing shooting his BB gun and ran out of BB's. My oldest son has type 1. When I told my youngest that I had to go to the store and get him more BB's, he asked if I would be getting them from the store at which his brother got his dia-bb's.
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you're proud when your 3 year old can 'aim' to hit the ketone test strip. See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
Twice, my daughter has experienced stomach pains/cramps after eating. Her blood sugar was not elevated and she had no ketones. Could it have been dehydration? Is such pain common for those with diabetes?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
Research Study for Parents of Adolescents with T1DM
- We've updated our list of diabetes camps to help you find a camp near you.
Diabetes Blogs and Social Media
- Guest Post: #SpareARose and Symplur.
- THE BETES Organization.
- 63 Years After a Type 1 Diabetes Diagnosis.
- Efficacy and safety of the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist liraglutide added to insulin therapy in poorly regulated patients with type 1 diabetes-a protocol for a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study: The Lira-1 study will add to the knowledge of the use of GLP-1 receptor agonists in people with type 1 diabetes.
- Sodium glucose transporter 2 (sglt2) inhibitors: Current status in clinical practice.
- Perinatal and childhood risk factors for early-onset type 1 diabetes: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan.
- Lower serum 25 (OH) D concentrations in type 1 diabetes: A meta-analysis.
- Preconceptional treatment with insulin pumps is associated with improved metabolic status in early pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Metabolic control in type 1 diabetes patients practicing combat sports: at least two-year follow-up study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Evaluation of a Clinical Tool to Test and Adjust the Programmed Overnight Basal Profiles for Insulin Pump Therapy: A Pilot Study.
- Technology Use for Diabetes Problem Solving in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: Relationship to Glycemic Control.
- Increased rates of pregnancy complications in women with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Benefit on health-related quality of life of adherence to gluten-free diet in adult patients with celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Celiac disease, gluten-free diet and health-related quality of life.
- Triticum monococcum in patients with celiac disease: a phase II open study on safety of prolonged daily administration.
Legal and Legislative
- New legislation would increase access to diabetes education.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Dealing with diabetes at age 2.
- Eiger North Face speed record attempt: Jerr's Insulin Challenge 2015.
- Endo Apps: The DIY Artificial Pancreas.
- Diabetes survivor hits record 80 years.
- Horsham pensioner's medal for managing diabetes for 70 years.
- Diabetics worldwide to benefit from artificial pancreas.
- Medical device maker Medtronic buys Dutch diabetes clinic.
- Kleiner Perkins Leads $20M Round in Livongo for Cloud-Enabled Glucose Meter.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Wednesday April 08, 2015 17:47:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.