Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend our Focus on Technology: Anaheim 2015 conference, to be held at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California from September 18 - 20, 2015.
New This Week
- Photos from Friends for Life Orlando 2015 are now online.
- Diabetes Connections - Artists & Athletes.
- Last week's poll asked readers if they reuse diabetes care supplies. This week's poll asks readers if their child's school district train teachers, coaches and other non-nurse school staff to give insulin.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents by Moira McCarthy.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
The other day, my 11 year old was watching a basketball game. He said, "The other teams needs 3 more units to win." Too funny!
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you're the only mother at playgroup chasing around your 3-year-old yelling, "If you don't come eat these jellybeans right now, I'll put you in time out!" See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
How important is pre-bolusing?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
Taking extra CGM sensors on flights
Studies and Surveys
- Closing the Loop: Participate in Our Automated Insulin Delivery Survey.
- Researchers at the University of South Florida (USF) are conducting a research study called "Distress in Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: Links to Perceptions of Social Stigma and Peer-Support". The purpose of this research study is to examine the associations between the psychosocial issues of distress, social stigma and peer-support in young adults, ages 18-30 with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
- The ATG-GCSF New Onset Study is recruiting patients ages 12 to 45 within three months of diagnosis. If this is you or a member of your family, please enroll.
- PERL (Preventing Early Renal Loss in Diabetes) is a clinical trial for people with type 1 diabetes who have early signs of kidney problems. Our goal is to test a new way to reduce loss of kidney function using a safe and inexpensive medicine. We are seeking adults with type 1 diabetes to participate in our study.
- The T1D Exchange Living Biobank collects blood samples needed by the scientific community for type 1 research and stores additional samples for future use. Please join.
Diabetes Care Products and Apps
- All Accu-Chek┬« Insight insulin pumps - risk of hyperglycaemia from rapid pump battery depletion or unexpected shut down.
General Diabetes Information
- 10 Things Your Diabetes Doctor Wants You to Know (and Do!).
Diabetes Blogs and Social Media
- Let me be your punch line.
- On Car Alarms and Diabetes Device Alerts.
- Artificial Pancreas Updates From ADA (July 2015).
- Multisite Study of an Implanted Continuous Glucose Sensor Over 90 Days in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus.
- Regular peaks and troughs in the Australian incidence of childhood type 1 diabetes mellitus (2000-2011).
- Hypoglycemia Reduction and Changes in Hemoglobin A1c in the ASPIRE In-Home Study.
- Comparison of treatment with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily insulin injections with bolus calculator in type 1 diabetes.
- Are late-night eating habits and sleep duration associated with glycemic control in adult type 1 diabetes patients treated with insulin pumps? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Insulin degludec results in lower rates of nocturnal hypoglycaemia and fasting plasma glucose vs. insulin glargine: A meta-analysis of seven clinical trials.
- Psychosocial Outcomes of Participating in Pediatric Diabetes Camp.
- Efficacy of a Behavioral Intervention for Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Across Income.
- Psychological distress of children with early-onset type 1 diabetes and their mothers' wellbeing.
- General Life and Diabetes-Related Stressors in Early Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Tips for Balancing Relationships When You Join the Celiac Circus.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Live from Trackside -- Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio.
- In Memory of Marjorie.
- How A Beauty Queen With Diabetes Found Her 'Sugar Linings'.
- Diabetic teen accused of cheating and thrown out of driving test for having blood glucose monitor.
- Dana Davis bringing new life to Children's Diabetes Foundation.
- Dr Bruce King, Diabetes Researcher, tells us about his current research.
- Diabetes camp keeps athletes in top shape.
- White House Hosts Startups at First 'Demo Day' for Entrepreneurs.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces Development Agreement with Dexcom for Integration of Future Generation CGM Systems.
- Animas Collaborates with Tidepool to Integrate Insulin Pump Data to Open-Source Software Aiding Diabetes Management.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Wednesday August 05, 2015 10:36:57
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.