- Friends, our on-line database of parents, children, teens, adults, relatives and friends, continues to grow. If you'd like a pen pal or an e-mail friend, stop by and browse through the list. Add your own name while you're there.
- Expert Advice debuts this week, with advice from Pam Standifer, who's been living with juvenile diabetes since she was seven.
- The Diabetes Handbook is an amazingly thorough, on-line book about diabetes. This handbook embodies the approach of the diabetes care team at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. Highly recommended!
- The Ottawa Chapter of the JDF has its own Web page, highlighting some coming events.
- The Arizona Affiliate of the ADA maintains a Web site with the pages of the The Arizona Society of Echocardiography.
- New York University Medical Center researcher Dr. Allan Frey investigates the immunological basis of Type 1 diabetes.
- Links for Parents contains a list of on-line links that might be useful for parents. No diabetes here, just parenting. Here's a sample:
- Jeff Sam's Child Safety & Parenting Page contains articles about specific child safety topics, such as Halloween Safety.
- Parents Place calls itself the The Parenting Resource Center on the Web. It contains a wealth of information in articles, on-line chat, and a long list of catalogs to order. You'll even find a link to children with DIABETES on their Health Issues and Your Child page.
- Steve and Ruth Bennett's Family Surfboard was created to help parents enjoy fun and educational computing with their children. Lots of great links.
- The Good Health Web has references to general health information that can be found on the Web.
- Cold Medication Instructions for Diabetics will help you deal with a cold or the flu.
- Pharmaceuticals and Diabetes is the theme of the Focus on...Diabetes Mellitus page within the Pharmaceutical Information Network.
- Sugar-Free Orange-Pineapple Sherbet makes an excellent dessert.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.