- Ask the Endocrinologist expands to become Ask the Diabetes Team with the addition of Stephi Schwartz, Clinical Nurse Specialist at the Children's Diabetes Center at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri. Here's your chance to ask questions of the Diabetes Team. Be sure to read the new questions for this week.
- Many new Friends are eager to exchange e-mail or letters with you. As of Saturday, November 25th at 18:00 EST (GMT-5), there were 78 names in the database.
- Want to help with legislative issues before the U.S. Congress? Read about JDF's Government Relations Program.
- The One-Page Care Guide for Teachers has been updated with the help of the Diabetes Team.
- Visit the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Diabetes Home Page. Be sure to read their National Diabetes Fact Sheet.
- KidSource OnLine is a "...source for education, healthcare, & recreation information that will make a difference in the lives of our children." They selected children with DIABETES as site of the day on November 26, 1995.
- The Dream Beam is a non-invasive blood glucose meter undergoing testing and evaluation now. Here's a photo of it, from within the pages of Carl, a diabetic.
- Carrying cases are added to the Product Information pages.
- DIABASS (Diabetic's Assistant) by Oliver Ebert, himself a diabetic, supports input from OneTouch II, AccuTrend DM, AccuTrend GC, RefloLux S, and MelliComp meters. It produces graphs and statistical analysis of insulin dosages and blood sugars. Available in both English and German.
- Prescription Laws from Around the World includes several new countries: Austria, Bulgaria and the Philippines.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.