- The Diabetes Team answers your questions. There are several new questions this week.
- The Friends database now lets you add a a photograph of yourself. To see a demonstration, search for Marissa Hitchcock and click on her name. If you'd like to have your photograph added to your database entry, you can either
- Mail your photograph with your name to
Children with Diabetes
5689 Chancery Place
Hamilton, OH 45011
- Or e-mail a scanned image (JPEG is preferred) to email@example.com.
- Diabetes Monitor has moved. Be sure to update your bookmarks.
- The Dream Beam is a non-invasive blood glucose measuring device under development by Futrex Medical Instrumentation, Incorporated of Hagerstown, Maryland. See what it looks like now.
- Parents' Voices adds the wisdom and experience of two new parents this week:
- Barb Chafe, mother of 7 1/2 year old Erica, tells us about her experiences as the parent of a child with diabetes.
- Judy Haley, tells us what life is like being the mother of two teens with diabetes--Corbin and Meredith.
- Prescription for Health Diabetes Videos is a list of ten videos on various subjects related to diabetes. All are US$25 and run from 30 to 40 minutes long.
- Throughout the country, Joslin Diabetes Centers care for children with diabetes. Here are links to centers with an on-line presence:
- There are three new pharmacies that sell diabetic products with Web sites:
- Chronimed, Inc. has an excellent list of books and cookbooks for those with diabetes.
- Diabetes Self Care offers lots of products for sale, but includes no prices so it's hard to fill out the order form.
- Diabetic Promotions, which has its entire product line listed, including prices.
- Majors, a book distributor, maintains a list of Consumer Health Titles in Diabetes that it distributes.
- Sweet Recovery tells the story of Denise Bradley's struggle with Type 1 diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.