- Web Surfer's Guide to children with DIABETES explains how to get around and find what you're looking for.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Web site is on-line.
- We have two new additions to Kids' Voices:
- Nils Thore R°sth, who lives for music, joins Kids' Voices.
- Philippa, a three year old who helps do her own blood tests.
- We review the superb new One Touch Profile blood glucose meter from LifeScan.
- The Inject-Ease injection aid helps those with little ones who are afraid of injections.
- Camps for Children with Diabetes debuts as part of the Services section.
- Cookbooks for Diabetics is greatly expanded and now includes images of some cookbook covers, to help you find the book when you're at the bookstore.
- The Food Guide Pyramid and Food Label will help you be an informed consumer of food.
- The US Food and Drug Administration WWW site contains a wealth of information about food. Be sure to visit.
- The Glenwood Regional Hospital Diabetes Treatment Center serves diabetics in northern Louisiana.
- Carbohydrate counting is which is fast becoming the method of choice for diet management. Read about it at Diabetes Net.
- MiniMed has announced a trial to test an implantable glucose sensor that will provide continuous monitoring of blood sugar levels. If combined with an insulin pump, this could be an artificial pancreas. Be sure to visit other corporations involved with diabetes.
- Global Diabetes Organizations shows you where to turn for help with diabetes throughout the world.
- Grilled Cheese at Four O'Clock in the Morning and Teddy Ryder Rides Again are two new additions to our list of Books and Videos for Children.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.