- Thank you to all who filled out the survey form. You can view the survey results.
- children with DIABETES now has a Real Audio server. To see how it works, check out Marissa's page.
- Matthew, an independent two year old who was diagnosed at 11 months, is the newest addition to Kids' Voices.
- Judy Stone gives us a unique perspective on diabetes and sleepwalking. New to Parents' Voices.
- There is a new JDF Guild in Sioux City, Iowa, serving the greater Siouxland area, including parts of Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. To find out how you can help, search for the JDF Chapter nearest you.
- We review several lancing devices and lancets, including:
- Gentle-let 1
- Unilet and Unilet GP
- Unilet Superlite and Unilet G.P. Superlite
- Unilet ComforTouch
- Unistik® 2
- Be sure to check out all the Camps for Children with Diabetes, including these new and improved pages:
- Camp Happy Hollow in Indiana has a private lake, a variety of trails, outdoor camping facilities, and a miniature farm with horseback riding. Plus, there's an 800 mile teen bicycle ride!
- Camp Ho Mita Koda is an independent camp near Cleveland, Ohio. Stop by to visit during their open house on June 9, 1996.
- The Clara Barton Diabetes Center, a camp for girls with diabetes, has updated information.
- If you live near Washington, D.C., be sure to check out the support groups in the District of Columbia and Suburban Virginia and Maryland.
- A group from the Capitol Chapter of the JDF is planning the Relay for Life to raise money for diabetes research.
- What You Should Know About Diabetes is an on-line version of the JDF pamphlet of the same name, and includes links to other diabetes information.
- Gene Therapy for Diabetes?, by Dr. Irene Wanke, Heritage Clinical Investigator at the University of Calgary, discusses genetic therapy as a cure for diabetes.
- The Diabetes Research & Treatment Centre is an interdisciplinary centre whose function is to promote research, education and treatment of diabetes in Manitoba.
- You can search the Journal of the American Medical Association once you register and obtain a password. Anyone can register. Much of the information is brief summaries of complete articles.
- Important articles from Diabetes Forecast that are now available on-line include:
- Why Wait for a Pancreas Transplant?
- Keeping Clear of Ketoacidosis
- The Evasive Noninvasive Meter
- Prepare to Pump
- children with DIABETES T-shirts and sweatshirts are in the works! Both will feature the colorful logo that appears at the top of every page and the Internet address of the site. Proceeds will help support the continuing efforts of children with DIABETES. Keep an eye out in the What's New pages if you're interested.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.