- Thank you to all who filled out the survey form. You can view the survey results.
- New to Kids' Voices are:
- Laura, with Chip going for another blue ribbon
- Matthew, an independent two year old, diagnosed at 11 months
- Suzanne, whose favorite sport is skiing
- Our Camps for Children with Diabetes list continues to grow. This week's new (and revised) camps are:
- Camp Hamwi, in central Ohio, offers horseback riding and outdoor adventure.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda, founded in 1929 by Dr. and Mrs. Henry J. John, is the oldest continuing camp for children with diabetes in the world.
- Diabetic Youth Foundation of Walnut Creek, California, sponsors Bearskin Meadow Camp and a winter cross-country ski weekend.
- A searchable Diabetes Products Database is now on-line. You can search for products based on categories, description or supplier. More products will be added over time.
- We review the autoject 2 injection aid, which injects both the needle and the insulin.
- The Lancet and Lancing Devices reviews have been broken up into individual pages. This will speed up transfers to those connecting with slower modems.
- Bad news about the Dream Beam non-invasive blood glucose meter: Futrex has stopped all work due to lack of funding.
- A Multidisciplinary Approach to Diabetic Neuropathy Treatment by Yngve Bersvendsen of Bergen, Norway, represents up-to-date research work.
- Alteon Inc. is investigating a new drug that might help prevent diabetic complications.
- The underlying genetics of insulin-dependent diabetes is discussed in a brief article entitled Abstract K1. From the Library of the Karolinska Institute in Sweden. The Institute also maintains a list of Web sites with information about endocrine diseases.
- Edgepark Surgical Inc. has an on-line diabetic supply catalog.
- Do you ever wonder how many people visit children with DIABETES? If you do, check out Visitors to Children with Diabetes.
- children with DIABETES T-shirts and sweatshirts are in the works! Both will feature the colorful logo that appears at the top of every page and the Internet address of the site. Proceeds will help support the continuing efforts of children with DIABETES. To help us determine the quantity to order, please send an e-mail to email@example.com indicating sizes you'd be interested in. There is no committment implied in the e-mail -- it's just to help us get the best possible pricing.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.