- children with DIABETES T-shirts and sweatshirts are here! Both feature the colorful logo that appears at the top of every page and the Internet address of the site.
- The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes is dedicated to the support of research in childhood diabetes and to the provision of the best possible clinical and educational programs for children with this disease.
- New to Kids' Voices is Julia, who loves horseback riding and figure skating.
Don't forget: add your story to Kids' Voices and get a free children with DIABETES T-shirt.
- Diabetes Camps gains the following new camps and a clickable map of the United States to help you find the camp nearest you.
- Camp Midicha serves kids with diabetes in Michigan.
- Camp Sioux offers free summer camp for kids with diabetes in North Dakota.
- Jack McCarthy's Diabetes Miracle Walk tells of the upcoming adventure of Jack McCarthy, who plans on walking from Kansas to the Atlanta Olympics. Jack was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 1936 at the tender age of two.
- A new News & Information section debuts with information about a new non-invasive blood glucose monitor under development by Cygnus called the GlucoWatch.
- The Message Board now has a Diabetes Products conference, for you to post questions or comments about the products you use. Company representatives have been asked to check in periodically to respond to your comments or questions about their products.
- Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes, now in its eighth edition, is an exceptionally complete book about living with Type 1 diabetes. Be sure to get a copy.
- The Meter Bank helps provides blood test meters to diabetics in need. If you have an extra meter, or use a LifeScan meter, please see if you can help.
- Reader's Favorite Recipes has two new drinks, one for those still stuck in winter, and one for those enjoying warmer weather:
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.