- LifeScan has joined children with DIABETES as a sponsor of the Camps for Children with Diabetes pages.
- For those in the United States, Tom Brokaw from NBC will be doing a special on the Diabetes Prevention Trial on Monday, March 25, on his national Nightly News program.
- AOL users can now use Netscape as their browser. For information go to keyword "NETSCAPE" and follow the directions. You won't believe what you've been missing!
- New Camps for Children with Diabetes include:
- Camp AZDA at Friendly Pines Camp provides kids with diabetes in Arizona an excellent camping experience.
- Camp Nevada is holding its Eigth Annual Summer Camp Program For Children with Diabetes.
- A Virgin Isle Vacation awaits older teens and adults with diabetes interested in swimming and scuba.
- Robin, the mother of a child with diabetes, tells us about The Importance of Having a Glucagon Emergency Kit on Hand at All Times.
- New to Expert Advice is
- Ruth Beck, who tells us that you can get diabetes from your kids!
- Alfonso Javier Castro Ibarra, whose article has been translated into English.
- Biocontrol Updates Progress of Diasensor 1000 (TM) Sensor in a Press Release dated 22 March 1996.
- Solid State Farms is working on a non-invasive blood glucose sensor. Read a bit about it.
- The Georgetown University Diabetes Research & Education Program has information about research programs at GU.
- Ask the Dietitian, by Joanne Larsen, M.S., R.D., has information about diabetes and diabetic exchanges.
- Read about Raising A Child With Diabetes, a new publication by the American Diabetes Association.
- Project Vote Smart, "your one-stop shopping center for political information," has information about Health Care Issues facing the United States.
- Express-Med, Inc. provides supplies for insulin-dependent diabetic patients in the U.S.A.
- Premier Diabetic Services offers to "ship your supplies directly to your door, at no cost to you."
- New York Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce is a wonderful, low-fat dessert.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.