- The Kassebaum-Kennedy Health Care Reform Act of 1995 (S.1028) needs your help.
- Attention Health Professionals:
The section of the Message Board called Health Professionals Dealing with Diabetes now has several messages that need responses. If you find that you can help other Health Professionals with their inquiries, please do so!
William W. Quick, MD
Moderator of the Health Professionals Dealing with Diabetes
- The Search Page now has pre-configured links to major Web search engines and lists. In addition, you can now search the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation web site from within Children with Diabetes.
- Ivannia Diaz tells us about children with diabetes in Costa Rica.
- New Camps for Children with Diabetes include:
- Camp Hickory Hill is a summer camp in Columbia, Missouri, for children with diabetes. Camp doctors are helping establish a camp in the Republic of Georgia.
- Camp Morton and Camp Maxwell in the Canadian Province of Nova Scotia help establish confidence and a sense of security during the camping experience.
- We review the Terumo syringe, the only 1/4 CC (25 unit) syringe with half unit markings.
- The American Camping Association pages within Peterson's Education Center have information about ACA accredited camps and a search page that lets you list camps for kids with diabetes.
- The Florida Affiliate of the ADA has its own web site. Be sure to visit and read the article about the Rights of Children with Diabetes in the Public Schools.
- Intensive Treatment of Diabetes provides a summary review of the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT) Research Group, courtesy of the Department of Physiology at the School of Medicine, Wayne State University.
- The Tri-County Eye Physicians & Surgeons in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania discuss diabetic retinopathy.
- Blueberry Syrup and Lemon Meringue Pie are the two new recipes for this week.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday August 29, 2002 20:59:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.